My first RMATVMC gripe.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ordered plastic. They packed it poorly. I got it warped. Super warped. Not useable. They told me acerbis said it's moldsble and that it will mold back to the bike. Lmao. No it won't.

White is my OEM. VS WHat I bought:
IMG_5783.JPG
IMG_5779.JPG

They offered me a $25 gift card to keep it. (No way) or to send it back.

Here's he box it came in. This stuff won't fit in this box.

IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5787.JPG

They won't send me the individual pieces that are trashed. They want me to send back the entire kit. Fantastic. Pain in the ass.

Last edited:
You're not alone. Ordered some air filters a few weeks back from RM and they crammed two of them into a fairly small box probably meant for one filter. They must have some new trainees in the shipping department

Yea. I worked at ups. I know how s**t gets treated. Nobody cares about it. But if you pack it right it will make it. These guys didn't pack it right. And they tried telling me they got it that way from acerbis. Everytime I've ordered from acerbis they send me a huge acerbis box. This was not an acerbis box. they poorly packed it. It's not acerbis fault. Its RMATVMCs fault.

Bolt it up, it will be fine. That side will be destroyed in 2 rides anyways. They all melt from the exhaust. I've got 3 used ones sitting in my garage with less than 10 rides on them all tore up. Buy the cheapest ones you can because you're going to be replacing them non stop.

There are no bolts on the torqued plastic side.

No tool required for that entire panel. That's why I'm bitching they won't form back to the bike. It's a damn husky. Not a Yamaha.

Heat gun might help. But rememeber kids I did buy a product supposed to be BRAND NEW in good faith. Pisses me off they won't admit to packaging it like crap. They contacted acerbis. Acerbis said it'll bend back. Right. A. It wasnt acerbis fault. B. I got warped up shitty plastic.

if youre that bummed about it contact acerbis directly. from my experience their customer service has been great the past couple of years. (they used to not be so good to deal with)

I think it has to do with the flo yellow plastics. I bought a set for my rmz from acerbis and i am still trying go get my back fender straight. Someone told me the heat gun trick and i havent tried it yet. That plastic must be a little different material or something. I had a couple pieces a little off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with George on this one, if I buy something new I expect it to be in brand new condition. Bolt up and go. If I wanted a ghetto look I'd spray paint them. Send that s**t back.

IMG_20170317_181955701.jpg
Plus - ordered Wednesday, here Friday.

Minus - this is how I found it on my porch.

Will report back when I have time to inspect. Hopefully my bolt kit didn't fall out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meister that's piss poor packaging. Was it from Utah ? My stuff from Kentucky was great. Utah was bad. I worked at ups for 8 years. Those belts hammer packages. And the diverters are hydraulic crushers. If they pack em right the box makes it. No re tape needed.

One thing I love about motosport is the packers wrote their names on the box. Or have a slip inside that says who packed it.

IMG_20170317_234901231.jpg
I unpacked and inspected. All seems well. I ordered the acerbis kit (which for some reason the airbox cover isn't part of the kit), and polisport airbox cover along with the bolt kit. As you said George, the acerbis stuff comes either individually wrapped in their wrapping, or one big acerbis bag for kits. My product seems to be in good shape, but you see the amount of "protection" they put in the box. Just a few bubbles. The box was cheap as hell and very soft for a shipping container of its size. Shitty tape job. All in all, I can't REALLY bitch. However, if mine looked like George's, it'd be on its way back. I bust my ass for my money, so when I pay retail, I should be getting, and expect to get flaw free product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back