Dirtbike owner shoots thief

My brother in law had his bike stolen, him and I tracked the bike to where it was ridden, found witnesses saying who had the bike and that they saw him the day before riding it around in the area we were. We took all of the information to the state highway patrol. the state patrol office came and talked to the same people we did and were told the same thing. Guy was riding it out there the day before. Officer went to the guys house and ask him "did you steal the bike?" thief said "NO" didnt look for the bike or do anything further to the thief. told us there was nothing he could do. yeah i am sure paying that a*****e would make him better at his job. If he worked for me in the "real world" he would already be on the unemployment line!!

Ok, paying more would not make him better. Lifting restrictions on what cops can do would help us, but also put them in more harms danger. I don't know this situation, but saying that a cop doesn't have the balls to do something just gets to me a little.

With all of the BLM and violence against them, they are being restricted and under a microscope more and more. For me, it would take a lot more money at this day and age to be a cop than it would have 20 years ago.

My point being, in most cases, IMHO, I don't think it has anything to do with having balls or not.

Last edited:
Ok, paying more would not make him better. Lifting restrictions on what cops can do would help us, but also put them in more harms danger. I don't know this situation, but saying that a cop doesn't have the balls to do something just gets to me a little.

With all of the BLM and violence against them, they are being restricted and under a microscope more and more. For me, it would take a lot more money at this day and age to be a cop than it would have 20 years ago.

My point being, in most cases, IMHO, I don't think it has anything to do with having balls or not.

Maybe the "having balls" comment isnt the best way to state it. I would not want that job no matter what it paid dont get me wrong but currently i am very frustrated by them for obvious reasons. I support law enforcement and realize they are a vital part of society otherwise it would look like Cleveland everywhere in the US. I am tired of the laws being setup to protect the criminals and not the law abiding citizens like myself!!

That's the same story they all use. I didn't steal it. I bought It. Can't prove he didn't steal it.

Shouldn't of shot him. Shoulda let him go. They woulda caught up with him. But man these 80s are really the hot thing To wheelie.

Call me a terrible person, I don't care. But if I have a bike listed and someone calls with an "urban" accent. I say, Sorry, its sold.
Cant talk to me on the phone then I am not sell MY STUFF. Don't want to meet me at a police station for the sale? Fine, no sale.

I have not posted on here in a very long time, but after hearing of this event I felt compelled to throw my two cents in.

I saw the coverage on Fox News last night and frankly I wasn't surprised that something like this happened. I have read on here for several years about all the thefts of bikes in the Northern Ohio area and certainly understand the frustration. I had a bike stolen in 1990 in Mentor and the police seemed very causal about recovering it (thankfully it was insured).

A lot of the above above posts have been regarding the police and how they do their jobs. I would certainly hope that people understand what a horrible job police have in today's world. Today's police are constrained by politics regarding how they enforce the law, and are often questioned or prosecuted for using excessive force. Could you imagine going to work every day and facing people on the worse day of there lives, coming into contact with the same people over and over again with every word coming out of their mouths being lies, or wondering if you were going to go home and see your family at the end of the day? I don't care how much they paid me it wouldn't be enough.

I certainly side with the grandfather on this one and wish I lived in Akron so there was a chance I could be selected for his jury because it would be hung. From what I have seen he was acting within the law and protecting his family from a lethal threat. It is a shame that it ever got to this point and I feel bad for the kid that lost his life and also what the other family will have to endure as they go through the legal system.

Yes but guys like you WOULDNT BE SELECTED as a juror in Cleveland or Akron. You would be selected in Jefferson, Ohio.

One question would be:
Have you protested in the past 12 months ? Answer : yes, move on to next question.
Answer: no, not selected for jury.

If yes, did you destroy any property or block traffic ? Yes.

Selected for jury.

On my way home tonight from work:
IMG_5808.JPG

I only work 3 days a week downtown. 2/3 days a week I see a motorcycle in some shape or form with someone twice the legal age to actually be able to race it.
I really needed that metal ramming setup we were talking about in another thread:

I passed 4 Ohio State Patrolman between Cincinnati and Lebanon on I-71 last Sunday. The OSP obviously have MORE than enough people to investigate these thefts.

I've said for a LONG time. Crime is a dangerous profession. You might get shot. Shot dead!!

O
I passed 4 Ohio State Patrolman between Cincinnati and Lebanon on I-71 last Sunday. The OSP obviously have MORE than enough people to investigate these thefts.

I've said for a LONG time. Crime is a dangerous profession. You might get shot. Shot dead!!
osp has no jurisdiction on any theft that didn't occur on state owned or leased land. If they catch them on a roadway it's game on. Otherwise it's county or local.

O

osp has no jurisdiction on any theft that didn't occur on state owned or leased land. If they catch them on a roadway it's game on. Otherwise it's county or local.
Totally aware of that...just being sarcastic because I drove from Florida to Ohio last week. Saw one patrolman in 4 states. Then passed 4 on I-71 within 35 miles.

Laws are for the criminals..

But if you are a decent person, you are guilty until you prove your innocents.

Maybe the "having balls" comment isnt the best way to state it. I would not want that job no matter what it paid dont get me wrong but currently i am very frustrated by them for obvious reasons. I support law enforcement and realize they are a vital part of society otherwise it would look like Cleveland everywhere in the US. I am tired of the laws being setup to protect the criminals and not the law abiding citizens like myself!!
Laws are for the criminals..

But if you are a decent person, you are guilty until you prove your innocents.

The laws were written to prevent over reach of power. And unfortunately there are criminal citizens that know how to expand their reach. But rememeber all law abiding citizens have the ability to expand their reach as well. What goes around Comes around. If the law doesn't handle it. The citizens will. That's how it should be right ?

The laws are setup to protect the citizen. Without them any self proclaimed king (or huge government) would say we are all criminals and persecute us. In a free society s**t happens. But atleast we have the same freedoms the criminals have. But don't mistaken that as the laws are being written for the criminal. They're written to suppress over reach of power. And unfortunately this creates a huge loop hole for s**t heads to exploit. However, it also creates ways for decent citizens to check the power of the criminal (aka "he's coming right for me bang. Prove he wasn't" ). If You write laws to be strict on criminals that just allow huge over reach with no checks/balances then The USA will end up a ghetto like many other ruthless countries. That guy checked the power of the thief. Now the jury is gonna check the power of the guy. It's a viscous cycle, but we are truly free. That all being said, It's so much easier to be law abiding isn't it?!

Called this one: they've rescinded the mansalughter charge and are now going forward with 2 counts of murder.

Anyone wanna take a guess at what court this trial will take place in? And does anyone want to guess the average income of the 12 jurors? Get them in now.

My bets going toward an inner city court. With jurors that haven't posted income since....well...never.

Back