LL Qualifier At Malvern MX

MalvernMX

PR Addict
All info for this weekends qualifier can be found at our website www.racemalvern.com looks like we are going to have a cold day Friday but the rest of the weekend looks really good. Just to be clear, there will not be any cancellation.

Can I sign up Jonathan on Friday with out paying for Friday admission? Drive in, signup, leave...be back Saturday.

Just wanted to take a minute to try to keep everyone updated. We have not had much rain during the day here today. Most all the track could be walked right now without hardly sinking in. If we were to turn it over right now and have practice it would be Primo. I don't see anything in the forecast between now and tomorrow afternoon that would prevent us from having practice and the track being very good. So we have had a lot of people asking if practice is on for tomorrow and yes it definitely is, as long as I don't get up in the morning and it's pouring or something in the forecast has drastically changed. I would say we are good to go!!

I just remembered about Tomahawk's real time camera's that show the track and are linked to their web site... the picture wasn't the greatest but a least you could see if there was 5 inches of snow or not.

IMG_0280.JPG
Good morning everybody, final update. No snow accumulation here at all just dealing with some flurries but are supposed to end at 9 AM. Practice should be on schedule for 10 AM, might have a couple soft areas but Mud should not be an issue.

We have practice on hold right now. Radar shifted some and now they're saying snow will continue for a couple more hours.The radar and hourly forecast had snow stopping at 9 AM. Really struggling with what to do right now???? We have a good solid track right now but once I chisel it, if the moisture continues to come down it could go bad in a hurry. We have a beautiful weekend ahead of us my main concern is reserve the truck for that so like I said right now we're on hold I will update again at 10:30 .

We have practice on hold right now. Radar shifted some and now they're saying snow will continue for a couple more hours.The radar and hourly forecast had snow stopping at 9 AM. Really struggling with what to do right now???? We have a good solid track right now but once I chisel it, if the moisture continues to come down it could go bad in a hurry. We have a beautiful weekend ahead of us my main concern is reserve the truck for that so like I said right now we're on hold I will update again at 10:30 .
I am bagging it, will be down later this afternoon. We know the track enough to get through the day tomorrow.
If you rip it, and it continues to rain like accuweather says, we may lose a great track for the kids tomorrow.
My 2 cents as a Monday morning EXPERT. You are the expert.

Maybe all track owners should have to have a meteorologist degree and own a DOPPLER RADAR......

Last edited:
Maybe move the practice to 12-6, the snow should be moved out, should be warmer and will still have day light. Just my thoughts but I understand it is a tough call.
If it is going to screw up the track, I say don't ride until tomorrow. I'm sure you guys will make the right decision.

Well guys I'm gonna throw the towel in on practice, I am canceling it. we still have snow coming down with water running across the top of the track. Hourly forecast just bumped it back another hour again. It's just a risk versus reward thing and I'm not willing to risk everybody's weekend so I can make a few bucks on practice. Obviously a very tough decision and some will not be happy but those of you to see how good the track is tomorrow morning because we made this decision will understand then.

Back