Pay per view for mx nationals!

So this a one time $50 fee for the season. No commercials. Awesome. That's actually getting your money's worth. Nothing pisses me off more than paying for services and having to sit through commercials.

Honestly now that Fox News sacked oreilly factor I feel comfortable dumping cable after the supercross series. Cable tv sucks anymore anyway. Entirely too expensive.

Number crunch time:

This will be my new bill once I cut cable, and go to a internet only package.

Internet 49.99/mo
Hulu 12.99/mo
Netflix 8.99/mo
Xbox live $28.99/year (can find deals never pay full price- I can use this like a firestick but also shoot my moto buddies in the winter time on battlefield and call of duty:D And race them on mx vs atv encore)
Amazon prime ($39.99 a year-student rate--again never pay full price, find the deals)
NBC Gold $49.99/yr
(Monthly Sub Fees x 12 months) + (yearly Sub fees) = Yearly total
Total
($71.97x12)+(118.97)= $1092.61/yr or $81.88/mo

Compared to my current set up:
Cable internet package with assanine fee and box fees and other fees:

135.99/mo
21.98(All the monthly subs)
118.97(All the yearly Subs)
========
(157.97 * 12) + 118.97 = X
(1895.64) + 118.97 = 2014.61/yr or 167.88/mo.

(Current package) - (new package ) = cost savings per year

2014.61 - 1092.61 = $922

OR

A monthly savings of $86

$76 gets me 1 OMA membership ($25), 1 Open practice ($25) and 1 race Sign up ($25), 1 gate fee ($10) and a Snickers bar ($0.99) extra a year, with the penny going into my change bucket. I'll take it. Eff you cable.

Or since we all know I don't race anyway: $922 is almost three top and bottom end rebuilds on my 144. Only about half a rebuild if my husky grenades.....So, guess I better cut cable and get back to pro practicing and rack up the time on the hour meters.

jesus

i just pay for internets. who has time for that much tv lmao

I have a firestick got tired of watching something in crappy quality and have the link broken just as the main starts.
Aren't you the one crying about having something stolen? Stealing form the cable company and or event organizer is still stealing... hypocrite

Hey, we are only 4 weeks out from banging bars in the 1-2-5 class.... I am thinking battle royal.. go to the first turn and drop gloves...pansy

And his fridge is always generously stocked with my brand of beer!
The screen just above that fridge is showing MX 85 to 90% of time - Pfft, I'm good with it.
Abbeyville TV is pretty good too...Takes me a bit longer to log-in, but the reception is good and the service it top notch ...it's typically BYOB.

$76 gets me 1 OMA membership ($25), 1 Open practice ($25) and 1 race Sign up ($25), 1 gate fee ($10) and a Snickers bar ($0.99) extra a year, with the penny going into my change bucket. I'll take it. Eff you cable.

Or since we all know I don't race anyway: $922 is almost three top and bottom end rebuilds on my 144. Only about half a rebuild if my husky grenades.....So, guess I better cut cable and get back to pro practicing and rack up the time on the hour meters.

Don't forget about the $20 in RMATV $

Pushing the power button on my remote without have to deal with all the crap you just explained - Priceless.
Amen. I just want my power button and volume buttons to work. I will pay to have the convenience of just turning my TV on.

I signed up for this today and I had to enter my login credentials for DISH in order to complete the activation process.

FYI this was my mistake. I loaded the regular NBC Sports app. You have to make sure you load the NBC Sports GOLD app. Then you can activate it with just your login from purchasing the package.

Also, since I bought it and got the app I now have all the outdoors from the past two years to watch if I feel like it, plus a bunch of other misc. motocross features.

Ok I'm hooked. I'm starting to understand how people "cut the cord" and get rid of cable or satellite TV.

I installed the GoPro App, the Red Bull TV app, the NBC Sports Gold App and sat and got consumed by moto goodness last night. I watched the 2016 Muddy Creek 450 Moto 2 show last night just as a test, worked 100% fine. And was so awesome with no commercials.

I've been thinking about this...however it's still on regular TV, right?

OK, back to the app. I just got a blue ray player that has like You Tube, I think RoKu and some others already on it. Am I able to install this app on it stream through the blue ray player vs. my laptop? I did SX practice with my laptop thinking that if I spent the time to figure it out, there has to be a way to get it through the blue ray player, but didn't feel like wasting the time to find out I couldn't...

Got the fire stick tonight..down loaded the gold app...everything is sweet...only problem I have now is you have to log in from your computer every time you go to the gold app...anyone else have to do this each time you want to watch the race..I maybe doing something wrong but I will roll with for now...

Eff cable. They're getting savvy. Lowest internet package from spectrum is now $104.95. Snakes. If you bundle cable (garbage s**t libtard channels I won't watch) then it's 84.95 /mo. So dumb.

They need to figure this out. It's ok, but when they go to commercial,.... no 125 race. I don't have MAV TV so... it works.

The 125 race is one of the reasons I Paid 50 bucks...they didn't even menson it...hope its on u tube.

I personally loved this. I pay 40 bucks to go watch HP every year, now I just paid 50 and will get to watch every moto for the whole season. Sure it has its bugs, but they will work them out. I honestly didn't expect them to show as much coverage as they did, but they held their word with no commercials. Well worth it IMO. I watched every SX on youtube and that was a pain in the a**. I'm hoping they do this for SX next year.

Heck, I even watched the first 250 moto again before I went to bed! This is the future of TV I believe, no cable, you just pay for what app you want.

Glad to see there are smart a***s out there and not just here !!!!
Screenshot_20170522-134355.png

Back