Fight! Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video is slowly leaking on the situation.....

giphy.gif

Both helmets off please......and video...or it didn't happen....unless Facebook says it did.

....and wait....on a Wednesday? What National did I miss?

Hmm, a girly looking fella calling another man a c********r, interesting. I was there last night and heard about it. That old man should have clocked that kid. No need for a t-bone in practice. He's nicer then I would have been

Ive really thought hard about this before posting. Instead of deleting the post I figure I would use it as a learning lesson for everyone. Of sorts.....'and to get the facts out.

So there is no question I am not afraid to tell people what I think but rarely if ever do I call people names or judge them for their own opinions. Im sure there could be a long debate on that knowing this site. Anyway, lets start with the facts as they happened. Ive gotten a million calls, texts and messages about this and it seems that not many people know what really happened.

Apparently Chris Boggess was behind me for a couple laps or so and couldnt pass me. I was riding poorly but holding my line and not cutting anyone off, its just practice. He finally came inside me out of a corner and I moved to the inside line in the next corner and gave him room for the main line. The ruts were close and he hit me hard enough that we both fell down. I wasnt mad at this point. I started to pick up my bike and he flipped me off saying " That is what you get when you block the track f****r!!" Of course I didnt take kindly to that and we had a few unkindly words with one another. I got my bike up and rode over to the starting area and took a break. I cooled down and was over it. After about 8 laps I hadnt seen him on the track so I pulled back on to ride. I made one lap and from out of no where he comes inside on a tight 180 and hit me so hard it bent my radiator all up and took me out bad. He hit me hard enough that had it been my leg instead of the radiator it would have broke. He kept going down the hill. I got my bike off the track and seeing red went to the other lane waiting for him. I was fuming mad at this point. I was yelling like an idiot at him waiting for him but he pulled off the track at the bottom looking up at me. I started to go back to my bike, then he started up. I went over to the track again and yelled some more ( like an idiot again) and he wouldnt stop. I called him out again and he circled around but wouldnt stop until he was 20 feet past me. Thats where you see his bike on the ground in the pic. I went right over to him and got in his face. He was still sitting on his bike at this point. I yelled at him using choice words but he didnt say or do anything. I cooled down and backed off. Asked him why he needed to do that, if he was so fast why he couldnt go around me since there plenty of lines....nothing....I asked him if he was upset he couldnt pass a 49 year old .... nothing.... so I stopped. Then he finally says " You got clleeeaaanneeeddd out didnt you!!" Thats when I hit him and put him and his bike on the ground. I walked back to my bike and this is when the pic above was taken. He walked over to me and I got in his face again. He still didnt do anything so I just left it at that , picked my bike up and rode away.

Since social media is blowing up and only half of the story is being told I figured Id clear the air. You can all make the judgement call of what was the right thing to do or not. But there are lessons to learn.

1. Its practice, there is no need to take people out. The first incident was dirty, again Im not mad about that one. It happens but it shouldnt have. He could have just said " sorry about that" and it would have been over. And I could have just let it slide when he flipped the bird and yelled. Again it would have ended right then and there.

2. NEVER....NEVER purposefully T-bone someone that hard, or at all for that matter. I know its sounds stupid and like Im being a p*ssy but seriously he hit me hard enough to break my leg. Emotions get the best of everyone once in a while, I did last night, but hurting someone isnt worth it at the track.

3. Keep your emotions in check. I failed miserably as did he on this one. I should have walked away long before I hit him and put him down. When I did that I realized it was going way too far and I started to calm myself down instead of going further.

4. Social media and half truths are hurting everyone. So after not being able to stand up for himself face to face he posts that picture on Instagram. I dont know Chris Boggess nor do I follow him but he found me on there and tagged me. His friends were posting snapchats of me hitting him too. Ive gotten a lot of messages from friends asking why I did that..... so Chris and his buddies make an effort to show one side of a story to make me look bad. No explanation of why, no complete story of the real facts, just look at this idiot and he hit me. Social media is a double edged sword, great for keeping in touch with friends and family, especially far away ones, its fun but its also a way to fuel fires when you are to afraid to confront people face to face and just settle things.

Judge away, you know the entire story now. Im not proud of this at all. To be honest I feel like an idiot for my actions. I hope no kids were up there to see this in person too. But Im not upset about standing up for myself and hopefully Chris learned a lesson to not do this to riders any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back