3 points...not so much

Guy wins 9 rounds. Loses championship. Who'd a thought.

Bradshaw.......

Eli didn't care for the Marvin move over so he basically tries to take Dungey out 3 times. I fail to see how that's any better. Some people think taking someone out to win is ok. I personally don't agree. If you have to take a guy out to win is that really winning? I say no and in my opinion is way worse than a teammate letting you pass. I'm probably in the minority but that's how I see things.

Tomac didn't try to take him out, if he had RD would be laying on the ground still. ET could have 3 times or so when RD took the bait and passed him. Did you not watch the post race press conference? Its called having a plan. He slowed down to bring the pack together and let the dice fall where they were. Tomac even said he wasn't the kind of guy who could take him out.

For a championship it's worth it. Osborne did it but it's ok because he was coming by???

Props to ET for NOT doing it when many others would have. That's a stand up guy.

Eli didn't care for the Marvin move over so he basically tries to take Dungey out 3 times. I fail to see how that's any better. Some people think taking someone out to win is ok. I personally don't agree. If you have to take a guy out to win is that really winning? I say no and in my opinion is way worse than a teammate letting you pass. I'm probably in the minority but that's how I see things.
If others do wrong that's on them...don't tell me your mamma didn't tell you if someone jumped off a cliff would you join them...

Bradshaw.......

Tomac didn't try to take him out, if he had RD would be laying on the ground still. ET could have 3 times or so when RD took the bait and passed him. Did you not watch the post race press conference? Its called having a plan. He slowed down to bring the pack together and let the dice fall where they were. Tomac even said he wasn't the kind of guy who could take him out.

For a championship it's worth it. Osborne did it but it's ok because he was coming by???

Props to ET for NOT doing it when many others would have. That's a stand up guy.
BULL CRAP. Racing isn't going slower

BULL CRAP. Racing isn't going slower

What other choice did he have to win a championship? Winning the race wasn't going to be enough. Strategy!! Smart racer!!

Hopefully next year is as exciting. There hasn't been this much talk about any single race or season for years!!

I have block passed people and never touched them . I have also purposely tried to clean out somebody's front wheel or put them over a berm ( not saying it was right - heat of the moment type thing ) . Had it done to me also . The passing bike hits bike being passed's front wheel ; bike being passed gets the crappy end of the stick the majority of the time . If you slow down to let somebody by , then try to take their front wheel out , repeatedly ; you mean to take them down/out of the race . Tomac is smart enough to know a blatant takedown or T-bone could have had repercussions from the officials ( or taken him out as well ) .

I would like to have seen Dungey return the favor , but that would have been stupid to risk .

Eli seems to be his own worst enemy at times ( like the race the week before ) . No doubt one of the fastest ever . I've always liked him , but in my mind have questioned his mental toughness at times . I can understand slowing the pace to maybe let others catch and pass Dungey . The letting him by then repassing in that manner , I also understand , but can't condone .

I guess I'm just a racing forward kind of guy. What other choice did he have to win the title? Be more prepared to start the season. Don't fall during races. Those would be a good start. Either way, it's over and the best man this year won the title. Outdoors could be a different story. Next year could be different too. I suspect Mr. Webb may have something to say about both of those titles too. Should be some good racing the next few years.

John Tomac was great at BMX and mountain biking. But I would suggest Eli possibly train with someone besides his father to get his mind straight in the mental game.

lol at anyone commenting about eli's training or him being a dick to do that with dungey.. wtf is wrong with you guys? what races have you been watching? tomac is an animal (as of the later part of the series) ...im sure his training is fine.... and this was for a 450 sx championship. you bet your ass my bike would have had a lot of orange plastic on it!!! that opportunity might only come once in a life time, sure as s**t i would have taken every opportunity to make it happen.

Tomac is smart enough to know a blatant takedown or T-bone could have had repercussions from the officials ( or taken him out as well ) .

Why? Osbourne didnt get any penalty? No difference.

Webb and MM are going to have their day next year I think, should be a great next couple seasons for sure!!

I wish they could adopt something similar to hockey.

If guys wanna ride hard then the next week make them qualify with group C. Or penalize them 2 minutes per incident into next weeks qualifying. (Don't let hem enter qualifying until there powerplay clock expires.) And let em rub plastic in the mains. Might get more people interested in the sport. People aren't going to monster hockey games because the players aren't allowed to fight....

John Tomac was great at BMX and mountain biking. But I would suggest Eli possibly train with someone besides his father to get his mind straight in the mental game.
Back in the 90's I shot professional 3D archery. As an amateur, I had beat all the pros on their course with inferior equipment, and more restricted rules (equipment regulations). When I turned pro, I couldn't perform at the same level when at the tournaments due to performance anxiety. I'd practice with them and kick their ass...but not when it meant anything.

In watching Tomac, it seems like when the track has deep ruts, he falters and either crashes or goes slower. Was it NJ where he finished back and wasn't himself...Is it the same thing? Obviously he is blazing fast and in excellent condition, but that speed and ruts have had him on the ground and hurt in the past. Is the pressure on difficult tracks a determining factor?

I believe this is the last traditional supercross season. The big rumore is the racing format will be like the monster energy cup or very similar to arenacross. Not sure if it will improve the sport or not, only time will tell.

Back in the 90's I shot professional 3D archery. As an amateur, I had beat all the pros on their course with inferior equipment, and more restricted rules (equipment regulations). When I turned pro, I couldn't perform at the same level when at the tournaments due to performance anxiety. I'd practice with them and kick their ass...but not when it meant anything.

In watching Tomac, it seems like when the track has deep ruts, he falters and either crashes or goes slower. Was it NJ where he finished back and wasn't himself...Is it the same thing? Obviously he is blazing fast and in excellent condition, but that speed and ruts have had him on the ground and hurt in the past. Is the pressure on difficult tracks a determining factor?

How do you explain Seattle then? One of the worst rutted tracks this year.

The difference for me between Musquin letting Dungey by and Tomac holding up the pack was the huge risk for Tomac in doing so. There's nothing bad that could possibly happen to Ryan by being given a free position from your teammate and no one in their right mind wouldn't take that. Tomac exposed himself to a hard pass after he backed off just the same as he was hoping a hard pass be made on Dungey.

I'd prefer to be in Tomac's shoes controlling the race but either way Dungey still won the championship deservedly and both situations make perfect sense with a SX title on the line.

18342502_10154836860128937_5536969295421206832_n.jpg

Back