The Baker factory

hershey

PR Elite
So with the post race interviews and RD ( Yes I said RD and not CG ) talking about being mentally worn, then KR leaving saying it was too taxing because he wasnt allowed to eat more food. JS7 didnt like the stress of it ( ok thats a bad argument but still another example ) .

RC retires early, RV also. Now RD is talking about it also at an early age. Is it the Baker factory causing the early burn out or is it simply the level the guys train and ride at?

McGrath was in his 30s, WIndham, Reed, LaRocco..... what is the difference ?

Just a thought running through my head today

I think to be at the top today, you have to train at that level. But the downside is exactly that. Burn out at an earlier age. Plus they are making MUCH more than they did even 20 years ago. The risk in your late 20s after getting married, having a kid, etc. is not worth the reward if for example you have had all the success that Dungey has had. They look at KR and think, I am one small mistake from being in his shoes. At that point, is all the work and ROI worth it any longer?

The difference was Showtime was the king BABY. In your face!

None of the old stars train like this new group. NASCAR doesn't put 4 year old in cars and sign them up for the Daytona 500. ( we send ours to LL)

The bikes they get stock are dangerous weapons in some hands. Couple that with crazy training?

Even tiger woods stepped it up with being in shape for golf. New world

The Bakery Factory makes winner also.
daly-win.jpg

Who needs Gatorade when you have PBR?

I think it's the stress of being a champion years in row AND training at that level....which seems to be a side effect for Baker's top guy. Anderson has been right beside Dungey for the past few years as well as Marvin, but they haven't had the stress of being the points leader for nearly 3 straight seasons.

Shoot, Dungey can't even enjoy riding a dirtbike. It's his 90 hour a week job with everyone in the world critiqueing him. I don't blame the guy.

Just goes to show, whatever you do....if it's work. It sucks.

Atleast I can escape my sanity on a dirtbike. He can't. Maybe that's why he likes fishin.

Last edited:
I think it's the stress of being a champion years in row AND training at that level....which seems to be a side effect for Baker's top guy. Anderson has been right beside Dungey for the past few years as well as Marvin, but they haven't had the stress of being the points leader for nearly 3 straight seasons.

What about RV and RC then?

We all know RC clearly hated training. He looks 7 months pregnant now and doesn't feel bad about it.

Rv might turn back into his porky self. (And they should....if that's how they wanna live)

Honestly when you're riding that fast. Every day of the week and you see other around you getting hurt. Or hell rv--his injuries. That has to weigh on you.

Dale Jr is retiring from NASCAR because he says there's morning he gets outta bed and falls over because he can't get his balance. I mean that's some scary crap. Everyone says this is their dream to race pro but when it turns into reality I think it's a little different. It's gotta be. these guys are killin themselves slowly one day at a time.

My wife makes me eat healthy for dinner one day and I'm emptying the freezers ice cream at midnight. I can't imagine eating a few legumes, 3 grapes and chia seeds....then go ride 100 miles on the road bike. And then go practice in 90 degree heat. That's insanity. Pressure from sponsors. Pressure from....fans. Wife in their ear constantly asking "when you gonna hang it up"

It must be tolling because I always wonder why RC and reeds kids aren't racing ? I see ferry and deegans kids racing but maybe jb19 is on to something. Deegan never had that kinda pressure. Ferry is very talented but didn't have that kinda pressure either.....makes me wonder....you figure RC kid would have a title at LL by now.

Hannah said one time that the guys who come in and race for titles and put absolutely everything into it are ok walking away and being done with it. The guys who hang on are the ones who feel like they left something on the table.

Last edited:
I think the pace and the training is just so much higher now. I blame RC, he is the one that brought the crazy training era into Mx (Kidding), can't bitch about the goat. It's not the factory that is to blame, it's the mentality that you need the factory to win titles. Now everyone thinks you need that RC formula to win, I think that hectic schedule, training and appearances for sponsors just catches up after a decade or so

Hannah said one time that the guys who come in and race for titles and put absolutely everything into it are ok walking away and being done with it. The guys who hang on are the ones who feel like they left something on the table.

When you listen to Reed he is constantly saying that, in his mind he always wants to do more...even when he used to win. Plus he always talks about his love of the sport and being at the track.

If reed could ride every weekend like he did in Vegas he would still be a champion contention force.

The guy has flashes of extreme speed. He doesn't have the consistency.

I don't chime in too often on the Pro racing bench talk, but I definitely think that the injury issue has to weigh heavily on all of their minds. That is if they have any sense or maturity?

No matter how fast and good you are, every serious injury like Roczen's (and the images posted from them) once again reminds you of your own vulnerabilities and mortality.

And even though they are amazing on the bikes, it's still tooooo extreme sometimes.

Some have said, seeing rockson crash got in RD head.

I think KR may be done. Hope not but it only takes one little ooops.

He's had so many surgeries. You wonder if roczen will ever regain function to that arm for a race performance standpoint. Thinking about that crash still makes me Cringe.

Back