Practice days:

I haven't practiced on a weekday since Sandcastle shutdown, and before that it was Honda Hills. I am not driving more than an hour to practice on a weekday. Gotta get up at 6:30 the next morning to go to work. Now if someone comes up with a track willing to do weekdays within an hour of Rickenbacker Airport...
Pay to play at COCR. You could practice anytime you want.

I have inquired and or made an offer on 3 different properties in the last 5 months with the intention to make a Practice / Race track (mostly race) within a 20 mile radius of Dayton.
People either think their land has a gold mine under it and will not come down to a reasonable price. Or when you ask the zoning office about making a motocross track they get that "How can I screw this guy so hard he leaves." Look in their eyes. Lets just say this process of obtaining land is not NEAR as easy as I thought.
Now if you want to put it out in BFE then no issues. Close by "planned expansion" (which, apparently is all the way out next door to BFE) then the process hits brick walls everywhere.
BTW. want to learn something new? Stop by your local zoning office and ask for a definition of Agriculture and Recreational land use.

I have inquired and or made an offer on 3 different properties in the last 5 months with the intention to make a Practice / Race track (mostly race) within a 20 mile radius of Dayton.
People either think their land has a gold mine under it and will not come down to a reasonable price. Or when you ask the zoning office about making a motocross track they get that "How can I screw this guy so hard he leaves." Look in their eyes. Lets just say this process of obtaining land is not NEAR as easy as I thought.
Now if you want to put it out in BFE then no issues. Close by "planned expansion" (which, apparently is all the way out next door to BFE) then the process hits brick walls everywhere.
BTW. want to learn something new? Stop by your local zoning office and ask for a definition of Agriculture and Recreational land use.

Knox, I've been working on a private land deal in my head for years. My idea was to have 4 partners and split $20k ea or something along those lines. Each partner would get 1 private acre for an RV or cabin. Everyone would share a pole barn and 40 remaining acres or so. That's because you can't finance land.

My other idea is to buy 40 acres with a crap hole house on it that you'd never set foot in. That way you could finance 30 years as a second home. The main problem is I live in Columbus and you're right these land owners around here think they've hit the lottery asking $20k/acre and more. I have to drive 1 hour west to start seeing $10k/acre.

My third idea is to buy 1 acre with a building here in town and just have a couple figure 8's in back.

There's a fourth option now. Buy an electric dirt bike and just jump over your house in the burbs like the wind.

There's a fifth option now. Just ride your dirt bike down the paved roads as long as you know how to do wheelies.

I haven't practiced on a weekday since Sandcastle shutdown, and before that it was Honda Hills. I am not driving more than an hour to practice on a weekday. Gotta get up at 6:30 the next morning to go to work. Now if someone comes up with a track willing to do weekdays within an hour of Rickenbacker Airport...

You can make it to East Fork every Wed in 1hr 20 min. See you there!

You can make it to East Fork every Wed in 1hr 20 min. See you there!
I'll do it a couple times this summer, but not regularly, That's still 3 hours on the road after work, just to ride. Not worth it to me like it used to be, twenty years ago.

What's practice?

Ask me when I don't leave for work at 430am and get home at 630pm 5-6 days a week.

When I was younger and had no other life, I liked Tuesday and Thursday. Or any day for that matter. I screwed up. I shoulda done what Stacy does for work.

trust me theres plenty of days that i wouldnt wish this on anyone! lol.. you guys get to see all the fun stuff, i dont share all the s**t, and while you guys are probably sleeping at 3 am most nights im still up working!!! its not all fun and games!!!

I get the same thing from a lot of my friends, but they wouldn't be able to handle it. A lot times, I can't practice during the week because I'm not in town.

And even when East Fork is open on a Wednesday, I'm still close to 2 hours away.

I sure wish we could have Wild Wilderness back. 15 minutes from my front door.

trust me theres plenty of days that i wouldnt wish this on anyone! lol.. you guys get to see all the fun stuff, i dont share all the s**t, and while you guys are probably sleeping at 3 am most nights im still up working!!! its not all fun and games!!!

Truth....one of the hardest working dudes I know. Always working on something to make money and pay for his stuff. No snow flake here!

Back