Championship bonus less $7,500 for Osborne!

The AMA/FIM is so ridiculous. I'm not a fan of takeouts. HOWEVER, they are going to happen. It's racing. With that being said, are we going to fine Barcia every time he passes someone now? Looking at the video, Osborne didn't even really "hit" him that hard at all. Savatgy's bars just got caught on Zach's bike. I think they just felt bad for Savatgy and Kawasaki.

Do you think that Rockstar Husky will just add $7500 to his Championship bonus just because???? If I ran that team, I would!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

OMG. Christmas has been moved to May 10th since when.....
SO the AMA is the organization issuing fines? Are you KIDDING me?
1. Where is that $ going? = JC Penney Portraits at the Mall for Rob Dingman's next sitting?
2. WHY are they not taking ALL the rides sides and holding the Promoter f-ing hostage over the pathetic rider payback?
3. Notice they took 4 days to make the ruling... 4 days? Did they have to wait for the weekly paper to come out to see the pix since they never pay attention to our sport.
4. So an organization takes $ from you for a "membership" Then cuts a backroom deal with Feld and MX Sports to get a cut of the gate. Then "charges" the promoter for sanctioning? Then fines riders for giving the BEST moment of the year at it PREMIER EVENT? That is what? quadruple dipping then rubbing salt in the wound.
5. Who was the referee that night? What was his fine for not ruling DURING THE EVENT.
6. Both FIM and AMA officials where there... Oh wait, I forgot the only things those douchbags do is hand out $0.50 #1 plates.

Now Mr. AMA official, quote some stupid rule.. Chapter 47, paragraph 13, Sentence 4. = A rider bla bla bla... That you can hide behind that gives you the permission to penalize someone. Just to make the organization already had a plan for this and has it covered.... Those "contracts" you have with riders saying they will follow the rules... But, I thought you were the group on the side of the rider?

Hand 2, digit middle is extended.

THIS is exactly why I was so excited when the OMA was formed. It was a big F-U to the idiots at the AMA. The sport does not need them. They are used car salesman, The Newspaper, The Typewriter, the f-ing horse and buggy of the Motorcycle world.

AND if anyone, and I mean ANYONE defense them, YOU are part of the problem.

And all of this is coming from someone who though the AMA should have already had a rule that would have pointed Old man Osborn already out of the class.... Oh wait you changed that rule didn't you? and I wonder why? Could it be more $$$ from the factories?

At least a thief that steals your bike from a craigslist deal has the balls to do it to your face, and not send a fine 4 damn days later.

Pick a side A-holes Riders or Organizers
AMA member number 0132201

How much money does a rider typically get from its team, sponsors, etc after winning a championship? How much money do y'all think Osborne was able to net with this championship?

Also, how much does the team make?

I'm curious

Last edited:
Yeah that fine is complete BS. It's not like he T-BONED him. Shoot when they made contact Osborne looked like he was even with, if not ahead of, savagty. Plus parallel with him when they hit. Yeah it was aggressive but what do you think is going to happen when the championship is on the line? Savagty should've been waaay ahead of Osbourne.

If Savatgy was racing and not just cruising to his "championship" he would have been fine. After he got hit he was like WTF was that. He had absolutely no clue what had just happened. I am willing to bet you wont see him slack off ever again in a race and go into cruise mode because that cost him everything.

OMG. Christmas has been moved to May 10th since when.....
SO the AMA is the organization issuing fines? Are you KIDDING me?
1. Where is that $ going? = JC Penney Portraits at the Mall for Rob Dingman's next sitting?
2. WHY are they not taking ALL the rides sides and holding the Promoter f-ing hostage over the pathetic rider payback?
3. Notice they took 4 days to make the ruling... 4 days? Did they have to wait for the weekly paper to come out to see the pix since they never pay attention to our sport.
4. So an organization takes $ from you for a "membership" Then cuts a backroom deal with Feld and MX Sports to get a cut of the gate. Then "charges" the promoter for sanctioning? Then fines riders for giving the BEST moment of the year at it PREMIER EVENT? That is what? quadruple dipping then rubbing salt in the wound.
5. Who was the referee that night? What was his fine for not ruling DURING THE EVENT.
6. Both FIM and AMA officials where there... Oh wait, I forgot the only things those douchbags do is hand out $0.50 #1 plates.

Now Mr. AMA official, quote some stupid rule.. Chapter 47, paragraph 13, Sentence 4. = A rider bla bla bla... That you can hide behind that gives you the permission to penalize someone. Just to make the organization already had a plan for this and has it covered.... Those "contracts" you have with riders saying they will follow the rules... But, I thought you were the group on the side of the rider?

Hand 2, digit middle is extended.

THIS is exactly why I was so excited when the OMA was formed. It was a big F-U to the idiots at the AMA. The sport does not need them. They are used car salesman, The Newspaper, The Typewriter, the f-ing horse and buggy of the Motorcycle world.

AND if anyone, and I mean ANYONE defense them, YOU are part of the problem.

And all of this is coming from someone who though the AMA should have already had a rule that would have pointed Old man Osborn already out of the class.... Oh wait you changed that rule didn't you? and I wonder why? Could it be more $$$ from the factories?

At least a thief that steals your bike from a craigslist deal has the balls to do it to your face, and not send a fine 4 damn days later.

Pick a side A-holes Riders or Organizers
AMA member number 0132201

PC did an official protest on Husky for the move. I imagine the A-holes felt pressure to do something after that, even though it was pretty much nothing. $7500 is so minuscule when thinking that just a race win bonus for 250's is $50,000 (atleast what PC race win bonus is), let alone whatever a championship bonus is. And also, he was fined that night. Matthes tweeted out about it Sunday morning that he was fined. Just details weren't released to public before 4 days. I'm not defending them, as I think it was super dumb to fine them, just getting some facts out there. If they are going to fine someone over a pass like that, why wasn't Grant fined the week before from his move on Malcolm?

And why wasnt Dungey penalized for passing ET off the track and pulling on in front of him?

Its all a political game.

I hope next season is as good, as well as the outdoors!!

That is another rule that needs to be revisited. "next safe place" or whatever the wording is leaves a lot of grey area. Skipping an obstacle is cheating. Why not make riders reenter where they left the track? That is what the rule was back in the ole days.

Block passing is racing. Soon you are going to have to have a written invite to pass someone. Old Man Neck Beard's feelings were hurt by that pass... We cant have that. He was so looking forward to his post race orange slices from Mitch Payton's zip lock bag and free treats from the concession stand. And that big meany took it from him.

Dave he didn't. He re entered safe after the triple, conceded the position to ET and continued racing. Are you watching the same races???

I actually watched it again 530 this am while working out. He clearly meant to pass ET, he was WFO going down the lane while ET was jumping, he entered the track ahead of ET and had to turn very sharp for the corner. It slowed him way down, he didnt concede anything.

Its a mute point now anyway, the championship is Dungeys. I just think if they are penalizing riders like Savatgy and Osbourne but not Grant or Dungey there need to be a better system for how they determine penalties. It seems to be more about who commits the offense and when than what happened.

Team " Austrian MX" budget combined for KTN & Husky its all the same money is likely 25 - 30m ++ annually. $7,500 fine = 0.025%.

I imagine Roger picked up a bigger dinner tab Saturday night.

Companies form teams to build and promote brands, so fines. team tactics, its really just part of the business. Winning two SX Championships, priceless.

The issue to discuss is why Kawasaki riders threw away 2 Championships? Both locked and loaded if their riders performed even moderately well when required to. Savatgy was cruising the last few laps, left the inside line wide open on the last couple of corners, his mechanic was counting bonus dollars not watching the race.

Tomac came to NJ with the red plate and a points lead, had he ridden even at 75% of his potential Las Vegas wouldn't have mattered. KTM has a secret weapon, LEADERSHIP.

ROGER "The Man"

Last edited:
Dave he didn't. He re entered safe after the triple, conceded the position to ET and continued racing. Are you watching the same races???
He should've been passed by the two guys right behind him as well. His skipping of the section would be just like Savatgy skipping the corner. It was "safer" but he gained an advantage IMHO by racing down between the jumps.

They were side by side. ET Toesmacked him over the berm. Dungey hangs a left. Gets back to side by side. Paces through last part of triple. Concedes the lead at the right hander by single outta the inside.....

Rumor has it that there was an opt out clause for dungey outdoors---if he won the sx championship. Well he did....so....wonder what's gonna happen.

They were side by side. ET Toesmacked him over the berm. Dungey hangs a left. Gets back to side by side. Paces through last part of triple. Concedes the lead at the right hander by single outta the inside.....

I dont know what race you were watching but it wasnt the same one I watched in Vegas !! Lol

Pacing your opponent through that section is gaining an advantage ?
It is an advantage compared to having to stop and re enter the track before the triple. He chose to take the advantage of skipping the jump, as opposed to stopping, re-entering, and rolling.

Kind of like happened to Rossi in MotoGP this year. He got bumped off the track, skipped through an S-curve section and came back on behind the rider (Zarco) that bumped him off. He did however gain an advantage on the riders behind him, and should've been farther back. The penalized him 3 seconds.

Back