Championship bonus less $7,500 for Osborne!

Dungey did exactly what everyone else would have done. If you get punted off the track by a guy, you're going to do whatever you can to get right back up to the guy. He didn't pass ET though. I was sitting in that corner of the stadium at the entrance to the whoops. Dungey just used the flat ground to make back up the time he lost due to Eli's move.

Dungey did exactly what everyone else would have done. If you get punted off the track by a guy, you're going to do whatever you can to get right back up to the guy. He didn't pass ET though. I was sitting in that corner of the stadium at the entrance to the whoops. Dungey just used the flat ground to make back up the time he lost due to Eli's move.

Which by definition is, wait for it...... an advantage!! He made back up time that he lost on-track.

Well here's the deal. Eli gained an advantage by pushing Dunge off the track...3 times. Also, have you guys ever watched a Supercross race? I dare you to watch any of them where someone is pushed off the track right before a triple or in the middle of a rhythm section. You will find that 100 times out of 100, the guy runs down the side of the lane and re-enters the track at the next flat area, which is generally a turn. They also always speed up so that they don't lose a bunch of time. They're never penalized either. That's just how supercross racing goes.

But because this is the ET vs. RD thing, all of the sudden it's a problem. I hate to even bring this up, but this whole argument over this championship reminds me of the election we just had. People have chosen a side and no matter what their "guy" does, they are always right. Whatever happens to their "guy" is always uncalled for. Seriously people, breathe in and out. It was a points battle. Dunge won. Eli won a lot of races. Eli tried a strategy, and it didn't work. RD did what he had to do to win the title. End of story. Not difficult.

Its not about who it is unless its these two. Others have been docked for it, Savatgey just a week prior.

Watch the race again, RD entered the track AHEAD of ET. Its not even a question. Its a rule issue that needs clarification IMO. I dont think RD should lose the championship over it but the rule needs clarification so there isnt this argument again.

Savatgy cut off an entire lane. Not even close to the same thing. And it is who it's about, otherwise everyone wouldn't be so worked up about it. Human nature. People get irrational when they pick sides.

Dungey is a smart guy. He's been racing a long time. He did what he did on purpose for sure. He made sure that he entered the track as close to ET as possible because he knows that they aren't going to dock him for that. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it really doesn't matter. No one is going to dock a rider for speeding down the side of a rhythm lane after they get pushed off the track.

Dungey knew he wasn't going to be able to hold that speed while turning right. So he went as fast as possible to re-enter the track as quickly as possible to get right back in behind Eli. Again, this isn't hard.

Three facts. 1) He entered the turn before the triple in front of Eli. 2) He entered the whoops behind Eli. 3) Eli did not have to pass him. So when you consider those three facts, why are we having this conversation? There's only one logical explanation...see above.

Because fact one is against the rules. But it isn't enforced hence my only discussion about this.....the rules need addressed so they can be used properly.

It's illegal to lead a race?!!! Haha. Kidding, I know what you meant, but I was saying that Dunge was leading going into the turn before the triple, got moved by eli, sped down the flat, entered whoops behind Eli.

Lol.....yeah. I meant he entered the track ahead of ET. Any way, nothing any of us can do about it any way. Hell of a fun race to watch.

Back