Thievery in SC

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Neil Topovsky sent an email asking everyone to keep an eye out for the bikes below. Also, he has set up a gofundme if anyone can help them out. That's about 24k in bikes. https://www.gofundme.com/skyler89

From Neil:

I have attached photos of the stolen bikes

Stolen Bikes in Columbia, SC

2017 Yamaha YZ250F yellow/black #89

2016 Yamaha YZ250F yellow/black #89

2016 Yamaha YZ450F blue/black/white #196 now with a yellow seat

Thank you for your help, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Neil Topovski

Skyler Topovski #89

ntopovski@gmail.com

upload_2017-5-12_10-6-55.jpg

upload_2017-5-12_10-6-55.jpg

NO insurance company will cover theft that occurs at a racing event.
Why won't they cover them if they are at a track? I understand for insurance purposes you don't want to say you were racing for medical coverage, or for damage to a bike but why wouldn't an insurance company cover theft, regardless of where the bike is? I would think theft is theft, no matter where it happens.

if I am at a race, carnival, Chucky cheese, church or at home and someone breaks into my trailer or truck and steals ANYTHING then the insurance on The truck or trailer pays for the stolen contents. Now if you have insurance from one of those "have to have insurance so we will give you the minimum coverage" then maybe they don't have a line item for contents. I know I do. Just checked
Policy on my bike also states thief is covered. Nothing about where it happens.
No small print.
Either this dude is getting hosed by the insurance company of they just did not have insurance.
Regardless. All the stories of stolen bikes is nuts. Way too damn many

Gofundme takes 8% off the top of every donation. Post to vital and I bet you get a flood of PayPal donations. Gifted. No fees.

Sounds like didn't have insurance on the bikes to me. Too many people think home owners or vehicle insurance will cover theft.
I have full coverage and I was told by Geico that I'm covered no matter where the bike is located or what I do with it.
I feel bad for them if they are getting the shaft by the insurance company but I have zero sympathy for people that have no bike insurance. It's way too cheap not too.

Ok. So I had to get a really answer. After a 20 min wait on hold with Progressive I got the facts mama. Just the facts
If your vehicle is broken into. Regardless of where you are. The stolen contents are covered in a line item on your HOME or RENTERS policy. Go figure. Checked the policy on my home and sure enough. There is a line item for it. Theft of the vehicle it's self is covered by the car insurance policy only if you have comprehisive coverage. Having a radio or anything else stolen gets reported on your home policy.
Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
It's official. I now know EVERYTHING.

The contents line item on my auto policy is for aftermarket upgrades. Like if you have wheels or a fancy paint job
Since I don't have that, guess I am paying for something I will never need or use

Then why wouldn't my home owners cover my 08 250 that was lifted out of my garage ?

Surely coordination of benefits woulda made home owners pay and not my progressive policy....?

Back