Is Dungey done??

hershey

PR Elite
Whats the news? Ive heard he is skipping the nationals?

After hearing his post race interview in Vegas it sure seems he is mentally out of the game. Of course the rumor mill is churning spewing out views that we have sen the end already. I hope not, this paast SX season was too good to not hope for more!!

Scoop anyone?

I feel its a good possibility. Maybe run outdoors then be done. I feel the roczen crash really got to him cause he knows it could of been any of then. Maybe mentally its time for him and they plan to start a family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you fishing ???

Dungey probably wants to retire to get away from you. RD1 will be fishing for fish on his boat.

Rumor was his contract had an opt out clause if he won the championship. I bet he retires.

I hope he runs the Nationals and gives it a run for one more Title before he hangs them up. Heck, he is already in shape right now, it's not that many more races, and he is probably in the top 5 no matter what outside and with the amount of injuries that happen, he can probably be battling for one more title to retire with.

I hope he runs the Nationals and gives it a run for one more Title before he hangs them up. Heck, he is already in shape right now, it's not that many more races, and he is probably in the top 5 no matter what outside and with the amount of injuries that happen, he can probably be battling for one more title to retire with.
Right, but as we know, that's a task that is easier said than done, albeit, much, much, much, much, much,...(you get the point) easier for RD than any of us. That said, still not "easy" for him. All depends on what he has left in the drive tank. I'm thinking ET3 took that tank to about empty this last SX season...of course, you know what the blind man says...

image.gif

By Dungey's own account, he is considering retirement. The mere mention of it is a sign he needs to heed. In his mind he has foot out the door! Don't get me wrong, his ambivalence about continuing his career is justified. He is a 9-time champion! What does he have left to prove!? Nothing! He has done and won everything.

To continue another season and be competitive with Tomac and Roczen would arguably demand the largest effort of his career. That's a tall order to ask and one I don't think he really has the desire to fill. Even more, I don't think he has much to gain.

What's 1 more title going to change in the eyes of his peers or fans? Not much. He has left his mark upon the sport. He is one of the greatest, without a doubt.

If I had to try and read Dungey's mind, I'd imagine it's something along the lines of, 'It's time for the next chapter.' The man has secured himself as legend within the sport, has secured a financial fortune and I am sure, at peace with all that he has done.

The man's ready for a family, ready for normalcy, and probably ready to get the hell away from the Baker Factory and eat some ice cream!

I say do it, Dungey. Retire. And get a double scoop while you're at it. You've earned it.

Dungey will ride the outdoors. Tomac will look fast as hell, pull away with couple motos.......and then BOOM! Tomac looks like Bubba rag dolling down the track, and Dungey walks away with another championship and retires.

Back