Knee Brace Opinion

Brittany

PR Member
So whats everyone opinion on the best knee brace out there? Boyfriend has the Asterisk from a while back and likes them. He needs updated for sure. What knee braces has everyone had success and comfort with?

last year i got EVS web pro braces at a price i couldn't pass up. I feel that the protection is good however the build quality is not up to the standards that a $700 piece of equipment should have. The screw on the patella cup stripped out due to the fact its only inserted 1/8 of an inch deep. Also, the velco that holds on the interior padding is thin and not very good quality. I was able to modify the braces to work very well, it just seems that I shouldn't have to at that price point. I emailed EVS and told them my concerns. I didn't bitch or ask for anything for free. They got back to me quickly and i spoke to one of their sales reps. he was very reasonable and understood my concerns. Before i was using the EVS rs8 braces that were super nice but little more than a beefed up knee guard. If I was to buy again I would get CTi customs or try the POD K8. Knee braces have saved my legs many times and I would never ride without them again.

Thats just it, he jammed his knee a couple weeks ago and I think tweeked them. If it weren't for the knee braces probably would have been worse cause still sore in certain movements. So now you can read reviews and such but nothing showing one better than other.

They are all very similar at this stage. Find something that won't rip your pants to shreds.

My husband wore pods for 6 years prior to needing a knee replacement. The braces were what kept him on the track otherwise he would have been done. Knee replacement was a year and a half ago and been wearing evs pro web since. He loves then and says they are really comfortable but they are def not holding up as well.

I had otc cti after an acl repair and thought they were cool till i got the lower end pods. Those cti were big and bulky compared to the pods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he looking for something not going to tear knees apart on pants, don't feel like your wearing hockey gear but are legit protection. The asterisk I can say are holding up great for as old as they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the EVS RS9 and for a $250-300 price tag they are JUNK!!!! Broke 2 buckles on them one time just from putting them on. My buddy let me try on this Mobius braces and I really liked them. Got a pair of the X8 today. No testing time done but hey if their good enough for the Dunge their good enough for me

I have owned the evs visions. They were bulky but worked. I have custom cti2 right now and their great.

I've been wearing podmx k300. Customer service is great. Had some issues they drop shipped me replacement parts. They don't rip my pants, and don't tear up my shrouds/graphics like my old xo skeleton braces.

I will say my knees at 17 were tender and sore all the time. Once I started wearing knee braces that went away. My knees feel better at 30 then they did when I was younger racing a lot.

They don't make the k300s anymore. Upsetting because i love them. But they do sell full rebuild kits. So you can rebuild them when they get clapped out. Thus far I got a used pair from original 44 that my brother rebuilt. He wears them bow. They're good braces. And the newer straps are really good. The old straps were terrible but pod sent me new ones Had postage from Australia....cool company.

I think the only difference is the k8 are more ridgid. K300 have a little flex probably because of the molded material. I like that.

Mobius knee braces. Expensive but worth it. I haven't tried CTI or any other knee braces to compare them too though.

IMG_0400.JPG
Just bought the mobius this year and I love them. Don't think they are bulky either. I cut a old sock and cover the bottom of the braces so they don't tear my pants.

Love the coverage on them. They look big but that's because my tiny little bird legs refuse to grow lol

Attachments

• IMG_0989.PNG
    IMG_0989.PNG
    801.7 KB · Views: 116
Back