Knee Brace Opinion

I don't think they are any bulkier than my pod knee braces. Maybe a little more restrictive, but don't feel bulky.

Is it an uncomfortable restriction though? Like bending knees completely or not walking like you have 2 wooden legs?

My thoughts on Mobius...

Bulk:

-Yea, they look bulky and I'll admit when I first put them on, I thought, 'what the hell did I just buy.' That being said, they come with a number of different pads for the interior so you can customize them to fit your profile. I found one that fit me and it hasn't been a problem since.

Comfort:
-Again going back to the bulk, they weren't knocking off my socks when I first put them on until I rode with them.

On the bike, they're very comfortable. It's as if i'm not wearing knee braces. They don't shred through my pants which is a huge plus for me because my last knee braces just loved to ruin pants, graphics.

Protection:
-Luckily, I haven't had to test them in this department. Can't say.

AGAIN, going back to bulk, any sort of blow, torque, etc will be dispersed across the large area this brace covers/protects. I imagine this was the impetus behind their bulky design.

----

Is it better than other knee braces? I can't say because I haven't used any of the high-end, insurance-covered knee braces.

I do know that I'm satisfied with my purchase and would recommend to others.

Honestly, if I had a history of knee issues I'd go with CTi. That being said, I've a penchant for spending extra $ on superior protection; I think of it as an investment to retain youth because I can't buy back healthy joints/ligaments.

Anyways...

More than protecting against direct blows to knee/leg, CTi's have a premium upon protecting knee ligaments which is what I'd be after.

Sure they're $1k+, but consider...

-After a knee injury (any sort of ligament tear), that knee will never be the same. It'll always be compromised to some degree and vulnerable to re-injury.

-Price of surgery/rehab and it's 6+ month of recovery before normal activities can be resumed. Even more, many report another 6 months before they fully trust the knee.

-Risk of undergoing surgery. No such thing as a routine surgery.

I think it makes $1k look minuscule.

Back