2018 RM-Z450

Vet261

PR Addict
Good info here.
http://www.vitalmx.com/product/guide/Bikes,6/Suzuki/RM-Z450,15366#product-reviews/795

I'm not as excited about it as I thought I would be. The suspension looks pretty interesting.

The rear shock looks kinda Ohlins'ish
fuller_18RMZjapan_11_of_20_284183.jpg

Really bummed there is no e-start and the bike really didnt go on a diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

247lbs???? Wtf
But, due to some weight loss in the frame, swingarm, subframe, fuel tank and other areas; the 2018 model is within one-tenth of a pound of the outgoing version with a reported wet weight (fuel of full and ready to ride) of 247 pounds. In the end, the bike has increased its front end weight bias slightly over the previous model, mostly due to the three pounds from the spring forks up front.

247lbs???? Wtf
But, due to some weight loss in the frame, swingarm, subframe, fuel tank and other areas; the 2018 model is within one-tenth of a pound of the outgoing version with a reported wet weight (fuel of full and ready to ride) of 247 pounds. In the end, the bike has increased its front end weight bias slightly over the previous model, mostly due to the three pounds from the spring forks up front.

Weight is very relative when it comes to motorcycles. Suzuki always does a great job having a balanced bike that turns incredibly well, and this one will be no different. Maybe even better than the previous generation. So if I have my thoughts straight, the only things that the weight affects is handling, and power. We're talking about the 450, so power is out the window for anyone on the local/regional level. It'll be in the top 2-3 in handling ability as it always is, maybe even the best for all we know. So, uh, what are we worried about weight for again? It's funny though, everyone is so enamored with weight, new designs, air forks, e-start, etc...So the most outdated, heaviest, old-looking air-fork-having bike won the most prestigious title in motocross last year (going away)....now they're improving upon that very bike, with much needed updates admittedly, and we're worried about the weight. LOL.

With all of that being said, I won't be buying one and I don't work for Suzuki. I do think they are some of the best bikes a local motocrosser could buy though. They do everything well that a local guy needs a bike to do well.

Do you really think that bike had air forks on it ?? Yes we will never know but kenny wasnt bashful about saying how much he hated them.

You have very valid points in they do handle with the best of them. As for the diet i guess i feel almost every other brand did it and everyone raves on it. Heck people switched to ktm because of it and to honda because of it. I do ride yellow and however will have to wait another year for updates on the 250 but my husband pondered the new 450 and in reality its not much different than the 17 so why pay the money extra for the 18. Not really complaining cause we are not switching brands just a little bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weight is very relative when it comes to motorcycles. Suzuki always does a great job having a balanced bike that turns incredibly well, and this one will be no different. Maybe even better than the previous generation. So if I have my thoughts straight, the only things that the weight affects is handling, and power. We're talking about the 450, so power is out the window for anyone on the local/regional level. It'll be in the top 2-3 in handling ability as it always is, maybe even the best for all we know. So, uh, what are we worried about weight for again? It's funny though, everyone is so enamored with weight, new designs, air forks, e-start, etc...So the most outdated, heaviest, old-looking air-fork-having bike won the most prestigious title in motocross last year (going away)....now they're improving upon that very bike, with much needed updates admittedly, and we're worried about the weight. LOL.

With all of that being said, I won't be buying one and I don't work for Suzuki. I do think they are some of the best bikes a local motocrosser could buy though. They do everything well that a local guy needs a bike to do well.

Do you really think his bike was a production bike??? Lol

Do you really think his bike was a production bike??? Lol

No, I do not. No further questions! Haha.

Just using the same argument that everyone does for the KTM/Husky's. They are great bikes and Dungey seemed to be able to beat everyone on them. So did Roczen on the previous gen. Same goes for the RM though. Both of those guys won on the KTM and the RM. So the bike didn't hold either one of them back is kind of what I'm getting at. All of these non-production bikes have to start somewhere. Not to mention, all of these bikes are awesome these days. Pick a color, or pick the dealer you like best. I picked a KTM because of e-start, bottom line. But I can also recognize that there really isn't a bad bike out there. The Suzuki has never been bad and the weight has never mattered.

Back