2018 RM-Z450

So I was sitting here this morning on a rainy day pondering what (if any) new bike I would buy for 2018. Not including the half dozen vintage bikes of course. I mean an actual, brand new bike. I haven't bought a brand new bike since 2006.

I'm kinda bummed about the weight on the RMZ....but then I found this.

Honda CRF450 Curb Weight
248 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
Read more at https://powersports.honda.com/2018/crf450r.aspx#5ZPIJUa39WK49Ya2.99

Yes I know the Honda has electric start now and it only weighs one pound more than the RMZ. I just find it funny that I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Honda weight. My first 450 was a Honda, and I swear I'd be tempted to buy a 2018 CRF but I just can't get myself to accept dual exhaust.

I'm wondering if my best bet is just run the old '11 another year and see what happens in '19.

So I was sitting here this morning on a rainy day pondering what (if any) new bike I would buy for 2018. Not including the half dozen vintage bikes of course. I mean an actual, brand new bike. I haven't bought a brand new bike since 2006.

I'm kinda bummed about the weight on the RMZ....but then I found this.

Honda CRF450 Curb Weight
248 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
Read more at https://powersports.honda.com/2018/crf450r.aspx#5ZPIJUa39WK49Ya2.99

Yes I know the Honda has electric start now and it only weighs one pound more than the RMZ. I just find it funny that I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Honda weight. My first 450 was a Honda, and I swear I'd be tempted to buy a 2018 CRF but I just can't get myself to accept dual exhaust.

I'm wondering if my best bet is just run the old '11 another year and see what happens in '19.

Allan had those same thoughts until he looked up the weight on the others. I think the yamaha is somewhat close as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was already said the jap bikes are weighed with all fluids in them and the KTM is a dry weight. So it is not an apples to apples comparison.

I really want a new 2018 Yamaha. But damn that price just makes me wonder. My son needs a new 250F. Maybe I will wait and find me a slightly used 2018 to save a couple thousand.

It was already said the jap bikes are weighed with all fluids in them and the KTM is a dry weight. So it is not an apples to apples comparison.

I really want a new 2018 Yamaha. But damn that price just makes me wonder. My son needs a new 250F. Maybe I will wait and find me a slightly used 2018 to save a couple thousand.

Still doesn't matter, weight differences are nuts. Jap bikes need to cut a little more rice out of their diet

Buy a used Tahoe. Get a new Yamaha. Simple economics here.

Vet261, might be time to try a new Husky;). Electric start and light weight. Didn't you use to have a KTM 450?

002.JPG

I haven't even rode it yet except around the yard. Going to break it in this weekend somewhere. Baker already texted me, offered me $500 more than I paid for it so he's first in line! Hahaha

Back