Iron Pony. Pony Motorsports. Route 62

We've listened and are willing to try something different with the help of The Pony!

Attachments

• IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 482
Why not? !0 min motos and a few less classes for a shorter evening.
No 50+. I've always said on the local level, I am totally good with 25+ and 35+. Get to the bigger races, go ahead and split them up into your more normal class structure.

eh, As long as Im racing people Im good. For years I was used to getting top 3 finishes in CRA but now I have to ride my ass off at big races just to break top 10 some times. Guess what??? Im having more fun than ever.

Youre going to be racing the same guys plus some. Have fun.

Easy for me to say, I wont be there since its 2 hours away and Im too old and cant see well at night any more! Lol

May be my new series since my Battle Series plans went up in smoke this week... I'm within an hour of here and don't have to see at night as I close my eyes the entire moto anyway nowadays...

We will be at some of Lonnies races for sure. Probably not the first one, dirt country moved their rain out race to that date, and we live close to the track.

50+ been having bigger turnouts lately.

They're the last of the breed. Only thing left when I'm 50 will be Stacy Crute's practicing.

Or all the current 30 year old pro riders about to retire.

Bingo..

I saw opportunity for these guys:
Shafer
Leake
Dodson
Me
TBo
Persinger
Adams
Ballinger
Wheeler
T. Bernhard

And all the other guys from around Ohio

Oh, and no Girl or Women's classes too.

Lost revenue vs. shaving 30 minutes off program since they usually run together...?

$65 (Practice, Entry, Gate) x 15 (# of total riders quess) = $975
$975/30=$32.50/minute

Bingo..

Shafer
Leake
Dodson
Me
TBo
Persinger
Adams
Ballinger
Wheeler
T. Bernhard

Lost revenue vs. shaving 30 minutes off program since they usually run together...?

$975/30=$32.50/minute
How did you or anyone you listed like the track last year for our Oma races? Any input on that part?

I had a good time. We had some good racing that day (Super Series). You were challenged by the weather and still made it happen.
Oh yea that was a tough day for sure. We had to start somewhere with the class structure. I'm guessing we will learn from this first pony series and adjust accordingly. Your input is very valuable so please keep letting us know your thoughts!

Bingo..

Shafer
Leake
Dodson
Me
TBo
Persinger
Adams
Ballinger
Wheeler
T. Bernhard

$975/30=$32.50/minute

All those guys can race a multitude of classes still. Some of them will still trophy, some not. I'd prefer have more guys on the gate to race and possibly give up a trophy.

Excellent start Lonnie.

But why do you have to leave the OMA simply because of 2 conflicting race dates?? Didn't Eastfork and another track or 2 run conflicting dates last year?? Makes no sense to me.

Maybe I'm being a bit short sighted here, but didn't you start a s**t storm when I had practice last year during a 62 race? (for the record I did schedule all of 62 race dates off for 2017, didn't work DHDS01). And you don't see the issue with running outlaw Saturday night events on top of OMA Saturday night events, which is a series that 62 would still be currently involved in. East Fork did something similar, and they shouldn't have, and it wasn't happening again this year, they wanted to do that. However in the end scott decided it was best just to do the Buckeye series on his own and not comingle the OMA events, The same thing is going on here, we don't need to mix the pony series and kames series.

Maybe I'm being a bit short sighted here, but didn't you start a s**t storm when I had practice last year during a 62 race? (for the record I did schedule all of 62 race dates off for 2017, didn't work DHDS01). And you don't see the issue with running outlaw Saturday night events on top of OMA Saturday night events, which is a series that 62 would still be currently involved in. East Fork did something similar, and they shouldn't have, and it wasn't happening again this year, they wanted to do that. However in the end scott decided it was best just to do the Buckeye series on his own and not comingle the OMA events, The same thing is going on here, we don't need to mix the pony series and kames series.

The distance between Malvern and 62 makes it pretty ok in my book. Many of us aren't going to drive 3 hours or more for a night race at Malvern anyway. Having an option within 1.5 hours makes it an option. Briar and 62 are very close, which is the issue with them running on top of each other.

No, I didnt start that one, I participated in it though.

The distance between Malvern and 62 makes it pretty ok in my book. Many of us aren't going to drive 3 hours or more for a night race at Malvern anyway. Having an option within 1.5 hours makes it an option. Briar and 62 are very close, which is the issue with them running on top of each other.

Exactly. This was the reason given that race conflicts were allowed last year. And this year Chilli is running a dual sanctioned event, how is that different than having Iron Pony sponsor 62 and Kames Malvern? As I see it Iron Pony would love to have the OMA involved to spread the word more for their advertising, I would assume that was their thinking when they signed up for the sponsorship of the races. And I would assume the OMA would want a powerhouse like Iron Pony as a sponsor to help open up the rider market in the southern part of the state. For those reasons Im wondering why the OMA would want 62 to leave.

Back