Iron Pony. Pony Motorsports. Route 62

The CT race is not ran on another OMA event, so end of discussion on that point.

No, when asked why we couldn't make this work as OMA events, I was told both schedule and the fact that IP did not want anything to do with the OMA.

Next assumption, please.

It's a non-OMA event. Something cool and new for the central Ohio area. Would anyone care if it was just an open practice night? It's the same thing with some gate drops thrown in and a way to practice for the locals before the OMA night races there later in the year.

Why is the Briar battle scheduled over top of the Ironman National? Two state championships series on the same day in neighboring states, with the Pro Nationals as well.
I'm always going to choose Ironman, but I look forward to the Battle at the Cliff!

The CT race is not ran on another OMA event, so end of discussion on that point.

No, when asked why we couldn't make this work as OMA events, I was told both schedule and the fact that IP did not want anything to do with the OMA.

Next assumption, please.

True but CT on that date is a dual sanctioned event, 62 could have had dual sponsorship in the same respect? And last year there were races on top of 62 races and it wasn't an issue. Why this year is it?

And what did the OMA do that Iron Pony wouldn't want to work with the largest Ohio racing organization?? Must be something bad if that's the case.

True but CT on that date is a dual sanctioned event, 62 could have had dual sponsorship in the same respect? And last year there were races on top of 62 races and it wasn't an issue. Why this year is it?

And what did the OMA do that Iron Pony wouldn't want to work with the largest Ohio racing organization?? Must be something bad if that's the case.

LOL, what a joke!

We cant control neighboring states, pro nationals, or even you animals on pitracer. Like I said, some things have been done in the past and let go somewhat. We cant continue to do things that way. Thanks for your concerns and observations, at this point I feel like I have addressed any information that appears false. I'm done with this discussion, now back to how Lonnie can improve his series.

The distance between Malvern and 62 makes it pretty ok in my book. Many of us aren't going to drive 3 hours or more for a night race at Malvern anyway. Having an option within 1.5 hours makes it an option. Briar and 62 are very close, which is the issue with them running on top of each other.
Go back to the old 100 mile radius rule. I always thought that was a decent rule for scheduling races in District 11.

All those guys can race a multitude of classes still. Some of them will still trophy, some not. I'd prefer have more guys on the gate to race and possibly give up a trophy.

Excellent start Lonnie.

But why do you have to leave the OMA simply because of 2 conflicting race dates?? Didn't Eastfork and another track or 2 run conflicting dates last year?? Makes no sense to me.
I agree. On a local level, lets fill the gates and cut the classes. At the qualifiers, etc. run all the other classes.

Just my opinion, but the Buckeye Series, OMA, CRA, too many different organizations and personalities for there ever to be one sanctioning body to handle everything. That would be best for ohio motocross, but it will never happen.

I would imagine that for the most part Route 62 and Malvern draw a crowd from two different geographical locations.

Delta, up in Toledo, races every Saturday night. We hit one of those last year and I would bet that it's also a different crowd than Malvern or Route 62.

It's too bad that things sometimes work this way, but I know there's only so many weekends in the summer. We won't be at Chilitown this weekend because my buddy is holding his military retirement party this Saturday. :mad:

Great first night under the lights.

Attachments

• IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 942
Back