Go Fund Me

hershey

PR Elite
So with the LL qualis all finished and the alternate lists out I have seen a few Go Fund Me accts opened u for riders asking for money to help them go.

I can understand doing those for catastrophic events and charity work, for that its a great thing. But WTF is with this generation? If you cant afford to go why are you trying and then hoping to get someone else to pay when you make it?

It seems so many people anymore want handouts for everything, to me thats what Go Fund Me in these cases are. Its not like sponsorships for doing your hard work and/or doing advertising for them.

Agree. Honestly, if your that fast get your commitments before the season for the help to get you there. Work, save the money. Just yesterday the kid I had with me was 15. He said he was helping his uncle with flooring over the summer. Making about $350 a week. If some kid had the desire to go, he could work and earn the money. I told Trace it was good for him. He was learning a work ethic. He pays for a lot of his own equipment and stuff to race, so he appreciates it a little more. So, I did not mind helping him all weekend keeping his bike clean, and ready to go for him.

That's ridiculous but honestly, why is it so surprising? Didn't Jeff alessi do something similar a few months ago? Look at the generation coming up, they ride like douche bags, start fights, piss and moan about tracks, and most of them don't have jobs. It's a good thing racing motocross pays the bills.. what are these kids going to do when they have to enter the real world and get real jobs? f**k it, start a go fund me for adulting.

When I had aspirations of going to the ISDE I considered holding a fundraiser of some sort if I qualified. I wasn't going to ask for handouts but I was going to have a big ride day and T-Shirts for sale. Back then it was roughly 10-12k just to go. That was a lot of scratch for a kid making $11.00 an hour. Not quite the same thing I suppose, but I definitely understand trying to make it to the next level and not having the money to do it.

Believe me, I'm not disagreeing with you. Kids completely baffle me these days. I'm not sure if it's because I don't have any or the fact they are so disconnected from the way my generation was raised and did things... and I'm only 37!

Believe me, I'm not disagreeing with you. Kids completely baffle me these days. I'm not sure if it's because I don't have any or the fact they are so disconnected from the way my generation was raised and did things... and I'm only 37!

Amen to that. My dad taught me at a young age responsibilities. Amazes me the ones spending $8000 plus on a bike, gear, etc, etc. drink $5 starbucks, monster energy like water, etc. Then complain they cant afford a house, insurance, a car........

And the ones that race without medical insurance.....wow. That is just plain crazy. But seems like the ones that do not have it, actually end up ok, because they have absolutely ZERO other property that they own that anyone can come after.

Let me see if I got this ...
We want more folks in the sport because it's dying, dead, not as many as before, no fun when only 2 on gate, bla,bla,bla...
....but only if they do it the way we find appropriate..

Got it, carry on-

Last edited:
Let me if I got this ...
We want more folks in the sport because it dying, dead, not as many as before, no fun when only 2 on gate, bla,bla,bla...
....but only if they do it the way we find appropriate..

Got it, carry on-

Really seem to be grasping for straws there... :rolleyes:

Maybe you can fund one of these kids that want someone else to pay for it. Fine by me as it is your money and as a recent presidential candidate said once "It takes a village".

As for me, and it appears to be others, we will continue to WORK for it and pay our own way the best we can and not ask for a free ride. The ones who really want it will work for it and find a way.

These kids that are asking for a handout to pay their way aren't very likely going to contribute to the sport or help it grow anyhow. Once the free ride is over, they will move on to something else and we will all still be wondering why the sport isn't growing.

Really seem to be grasping for straws there... :rolleyes:
I'm not the one looking into others dealings.

Maybe you can fund one of these kids that want someone else to pay for it. Fine by me as it is your money and as a recent presidential candidate said once "It takes a village".
I'm not the one into others dealings.

As for me, and it appears to be others, we will continue to WORK for it and pay our own way the best we can and not ask for a free ride. The ones who really want it will work for it and find a way.
I agree and good for you.

These kids that are asking for a handout to pay their way aren't very likely going to contribute to the sport or help it grow anyhow. Once the free ride is over, they will move on to something else and we will all still be wondering why the sport isn't growing.

What? Think about that for a second...
The handout money goes into the sport ... That's why they're asking!

Exactly. And you wonder why you pay so damn much for your healthcare? Because a jackass with no health insurance racing......your paying his bill since you can afford it.

A few people racing without insurance is why healthcare is out of control ???????......Oh-Boy, I've heard it all now...
No. But anyone without health insurance is what is driving those that pays, premium up. The providers are not eating that lose...they are passing it onto those that pay their bills to pay for the ones that don't.

Once again, I guess my parents taught me responsibilities. I would never consider racing or letting my kids race if I did not carry medical insurance. That is the biggest thing with motocross and Go Fund me accounts. Joe Smith got hurt and has no medical insurance to pay the bill.

No. But anyone without health insurance is what is driving those that pays, premium up. The providers are not eating that lose...they are passing it onto those that pay their bills to pay for the ones that don't.

Once again, I guess my parents taught me responsibilities. I would never consider racing or letting my kids race if I did not carry medical insurance. That is the biggest thing with motocross and Go Fund me accounts. Joe Smith got hurt and has no medical insurance to pay the bill.

Wait, did you just answer No to your own statement?.....You did.

And this thread is about ripping on folks that use Go Fund me for LL dreams, Not the ones that use Go Fund me and still make our healthcare expensive...stay on task please.

Back