CTMX Open A Battle Race

What's up with site laps? What's up you sissies cant just ride the track as it happens?

Two groups that I have seen never ask for site laps, kids and quads. Sometimes 50+, because if they're first, they keep their yaps shut, or its back to the rear of the order and staggered with women.
We had three different sign laps on the day and the way everyone was acting it would have been a lot of complaining if we didn't.

You are right though, quads never ask for sight laps.

So many people believe that anytime you do any track maintenance at all it constitutes a sight lap. One guy on the 250B gate tried telling me its in the AMA rulebook that it's mandatory. I must have missed that page.

I guess it's like the C class... Everyone has their own opinion of what the rules are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What's up with site laps? What's up you sissies cant just ride the track as it happens?

Two groups that I have seen never ask for site laps, kids and quads. Sometimes 50+, because if they're first, they keep their yaps shut, or its back to the rear of the order and staggered with women.
Agreed! You guys think that the track is the same from practice when you come rolling out lap 1 of the 16th moto? Tracks change throughout every moto, no one gets sighting laps before each class.... No different.

No for putting water down on hardpack, that sucks, but I'll prefer that over not being able to see through dust.

Not sure who wanted a site lap. That was not even mentioned.
Both 250B motos and Schoolboy once we started 2nd motos all got site laps because we watered and tilled the track. Before Collegeboy and Plus Senior 40 we only watered certain sections that needed it.

At your place, at the last race, 40+ got a sight lap. I didn't need no sight lap.......I sat on the gate.

75 % of the time I do not do practice let alone a sight lap.

If first Motos were mudd hole survival and the next set was dry I might go. Especially if jumps were refaced. Other than that screw it.

I don't even mind the 3 laps and go racing in the mornings at the battle races. I actually prefer it. I haven't been one to really need a ton of practice....I ride totally different when the gate drops anyway. I can't find that inside of me during practice days. Racing changes things.

At your place, at the last race, 40+ got a sight lap. I didn't need no sight lap.......I sat on the gate.

I never agree with the sight laps, and if you were on our radios, you'd probably get an earful when they radio me to ask me about a site lap. However I give in because I almost can see a lawyers argument in there if I don't, and someone gets hurt.

I dont care so much for sight laps or that the track gets watered before my moto it sucks but the water truck guys has to have some common sense at Chillitown before that plus 40 moto they could have watered all the Straights but it look like he got to the corners and he just sat there and empty the water truck like he was watering the night before to form ruts when there's already ruts that are 8 inches deep you don't need to put hardly any water whatsoever in them there's no dust ive never seen this at Briarcliff or other tracks the corners were underwater thats what people were pissed about

Here's what happens on corners in a water truck. Truck is on the inside of the turn, no problem, the nozzles will not be fixed on the center of the turn as the truck moves along, if anything these corners are watered less. Truck is on the outside.....this is a potentially bad situation, because the truck has the water nozzles fixed in the center of the turn as the truck moves around the turn. This is where turning the valves off and on could keep it from being a pond.

So it's taken a while but you buckeyes are finally getting to the real answer on how to run races with 500 to 800 entries and get done by 4:30...

Can't believe I'm gonna give these guys props but me and my son (not to be named) have been racing in the south since early 90s and I never saw a track take intermission for prep or other track break for water or tilling. Never saw a hot lap either except at lorettas but that's different.

And after signing on to Ballance MotoX track manager it took some convincing with owner who liked to get on his equipment and wanted to fix every puff of dust or rutted jump face but once we partnered with Victory Sports on ATV natl, LL regionals/areas and mega series events our log jam on time was solved. And our payroll ended at 5 PERIOD!!! Most times by 4. We start on time practice at 8 raving by 9:45 and take no breaks we don't stop motos to water. The team moves in and out and touches a section or two when extreme and some blast of water here and there. Extra relief flagged gives each flagged am and pm potty break and we bring sack lunches to flagger stand.

It must be an Ohio thing because even back in day at my 1st to kenworthys always an intermission and a very long day.

Victory and the blue shirts knows how to rock and roll and track gets minor attention when and where it needs it and most other stays rough and rutted all day.

Part two at Ballance we introduced the extreme southern watering plan to deal with 500+ rider days. We tilled on wed night and watered under lights to midnight and repeated thurs and fri. My unnamed son knows this too because he spend many a night on a firehose we basically flooded track plowed picked up rocks and hit repeat several time over 3 day prep. That was 6 to 8 of us working 6 to midnight. On race day we sometimes had a wet track til into 2nd motos. Some bitched track was too muddy in practice but it kept us from taking intermission for water or prep. I lobbied that we never touch rutted track except a dangerous jump face. Let it get deep!!

Part 3 sun 100 temps and our dry clay dirt don't mix. We ran races feb to May took off June unless we had a regional and shut it down for July and Aug and stated back up in sept. Kinda like Gnccs. We did a night race or two in July since entire track was lit but only a couple.

Lastly for track owners my comments are general in nature I'm not complaining this is FYI stuff I suggest you run your tracks the way you feel best and I know it's hard but once you get a formula resist taking orders from riders. Riders race and bitch and normally wreck your property. Track owners risk basically financial ruin every tine you open the gate. Racers are customers and treat them as such but they don't get to tell you what color the walls are or how to lay out the McDonald's drive thru lanes. Good luck to all the track owners I appreciate what do for our sport.

Some blasts from past that guy in rut looks familiar...sad day when we shut the doors.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 193
So it's taken a while but you buckeyes are finally getting to the real answer on how to run races with 500 to 800 entries and get done by 4:30...

Can't believe I'm gonna give these guys props but me and my son (not to be named) have been racing in the south since early 90s and I never saw a track take intermission for prep or other track break for water or tilling. Never saw a hot lap either except at lorettas but that's different.

And after signing on to Ballance MotoX track manager it took some convincing with owner who liked to get on his equipment and wanted to fix every puff of dust or rutted jump face but once we partnered with Victory Sports on ATV natl, LL regionals/areas and mega series events our log jam on time was solved. And our payroll ended at 5 PERIOD!!! Most times by 4. We start on time practice at 8 raving by 9:45 and take no breaks we don't stop motos to water. The team moves in and out and touches a section or two when extreme and some blast of water here and there. Extra relief flagged gives each flagged am and pm potty break and we bring sack lunches to flagger stand.

It must be an Ohio thing because even back in day at my 1st to kenworthys always an intermission and a very long day.

Victory and the blue shirts knows how to rock and roll and track gets minor attention when and where it needs it and most other stays rough and rutted all day.

Part two at Ballance we introduced the extreme southern watering plan to deal with 500+ rider days. We tilled on wed night and watered under lights to midnight and repeated thurs and fri. My unnamed son knows this too because he spend many a night on a firehose we basically flooded track plowed picked up rocks and hit repeat several time over 3 day prep. That was 6 to 8 of us working 6 to midnight. On race day we sometimes had a wet track til into 2nd motos. Some bitched track was too muddy in practice but it kept us from taking intermission for water or prep. I lobbied that we never touch rutted track except a dangerous jump face. Let it get deep!!

Part 3 sun 100 temps and our dry clay dirt don't mix. We ran races feb to May took off June unless we had a regional and shut it down for July and Aug and stated back up in sept. Kinda like Gnccs. We did a night race or two in July since entire track was lit but only a couple.

Lastly for track owners my comments are general in nature I'm not complaining this is FYI stuff I suggest you run your tracks the way you feel best and I know it's hard but once you get a formula resist taking orders from riders. Riders race and bitch and normally wreck your property. Track owners risk basically financial ruin every tine you open the gate. Racers are customers and treat them as such but they don't get to tell you what color the walls are or how to lay out the McDonald's drive thru lanes. Good luck to all the track owners I appreciate what do for our sport.

Some blasts from past that guy in rut looks familiar...sad day when we shut the doors.

All sounds great, but were you running open practice on Saturday? Or running quads?

All sounds great, but were you running open practice on Saturday? Or running quads?

The last time I went they had open practice on Saturday and quads and maybe 50s raced on Saturday.

The only time I saw them take a break for prep was at Muddy Creek when 2 motos in a row riders went down hard before the uphill triple. They cleaned up the run to jump.

You seen what happened when we tried to do what you are suggesting with spurts of water and light tilling; we end up having to do a sight lap every time to make everyone happy.

I remember racing at battle of Ohio in 2014 at the cliff and they prepped before my last Moto... we all wanted a sight lap and we got told no, quit being pussies and if we didn't like it we could fukn' leave...

I remember racing at battle of Ohio in 2014 at the cliff and they prepped before my last Moto... we all wanted a sight lap and we got told no, quit being pussies and if we didn't like it we could fukn' leave...

Hmmmm, I guess I'm getting soft only 3 years later. the good old days.

Back