Moto Haulers

'88 HP 14

20150612_212427-2_resized_1.jpg

FB_IMG_1498694536270.jpg

This was 4 years ago but my favorite set up haha.

When I had this single rail hitch hauler on my old blazer I never had hardly anyone say a word to me.

But on the Caprice, always had strangers coming up and talking to me. It was usually something like, "We were laughing at you when you pulled in, but you're actually a good rider."

I did put air shocks on it, and had a 305. Purred down the road like the bike wasn't back there. Trunk was so big, I could fit everything in it. Gear, gas can, chairs, canopy, tool box.

View attachment 56105

When I had this single rail hitch hauler on my old blazer I never had hardly anyone say a word to me.

But on the Caprice, always had strangers coming up and talking to me. It was usually something like, "We were laughing at you when you pulled in, but you're actually a good rider."

I did put air shocks on it, and had a 305. Purred down the road like the bike wasn't back there. Trunk was so big, I could fit everything in it. Gear, gas can, chairs, canopy, tool box.
When I first started racing in the 70's we hauled my bike on wheel hoops connected to the bumper of a Plymouth Fury.

20170727_173013.jpg

The current set up, I'm South Dakota right now heading for yellowstone national park. Hauls 4 bikes, all the parts and gear, water for washing bikes and I can still drive the car any where I need to go. Can make it a week without needing anything if I have to with 4 people. And yes, the bikes are in the back with me!!!

:)

View attachment 56106

The current set up, I'm South Dakota right now heading for yellowstone national park. Hauls 4 bikes, all the parts and gear, water for washing bikes and I can still drive the car any where I need to go. Can make it a week without needing anything if I have to with 4 people. And yes, the bikes are in the back with me!!!

:)

Hershey wins the rig and travel award, big time. :cool:

We use a 5x8 V nose enclosed which we can fit 3 bikes in. Two against the walls with the bars turned outward sitting on stands with turnbuckles holding the pegs. The third bike we put in backwards and use tie downs to hold it. Up front in the V we have storage for gas cans, tools, and etc. Very small and tight but gets the job done.

We used to load my pw 80 up in the back seat of an 89 Buick lesabre and go to the tracks. Me and my dad would take the back seat out the night before and load it up in the morning. The good ol days.

View attachment 56105

I've told people for years, I've never been beat on the track by someone because of what they drove to the race.

We've had this "what is the perfect setup" conversation topic on here before, and have seen a lot of great stuff.
I've always been fond of cargo vans myself, and always expected I would end up going that way. But still haven't.

I have noticed some long time racers actually stripping back to the bare basic's and going with the hitch rail.
Of course this is no good if you need to haul more than one bike.

The older I get, the more I want to be about travelling lite and simple. I hate it when it takes me an hour to unload and put crap away.

I'm thinking I might just start riding my bike to the races. :D

Back