2018 Honda CRF250R

bstranahan

PR Member
figured I saw other posts like it so why not.....

Why do I want one of these so badly right now? Never had a Honda, but think this may be the first. Sounds like a couple more months till it will be available, and there hasn't even been a first ride review from anyone.

I like it. Development and technology from Moto3 road racing. Don't put too much emphasis on the bike weighing 7 pounds more than the current model. If it all works together to make power and get that power to the ground with predictable control, Its a winner. But what do I know? I thought the 09 crf450 and 2010 yz450 looked good too. We all know how they turned out.

Tried to post earlier, This thing looks like a holeshot machine. Plus Honda handling. I likey.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Two head pipes. Two silencers. Why?? Pretty stupid.

Never been at the top of the HP list. I doubt this one will be either. Hard to beat a KTM or Yamaha in the 250 class.

Yeah, I am not sure why they are using two pipes. Imagine they saw some type of benefit from it during testing, at least enough to justify the weight and added expense in building the bike. But realistically I have no idea.

There really isn't anything they have done that is earth shattering, most of the changes are new to them but someone has already tried them. Think they claimed roughly 10% power increase and a change of where the power is delivered in the rpm range.

Never have had a KTM but really don't have a big desire for one (knowing they are a great package). Same with Husky, don't want one. Had allot of Yamaha's but the new one doesn't really make me want to run out and buy it. But for some reason I was searching for info on the new Honda, and if there was a dealer who could get one, I would have it today......

The Honda's look very cool, and have always been bullet proof. Just those pipes not sure i can get past.

Did a demo at intermission today at Lorettas. Looks like a Honda. But now with two pipes. $2499.99 I'm sure for a complete ti system now.

Full FMF system is going to be like $2500. Squids are really going to have to pony up some cash to make this bike go fast. I'm not interested in buying one, but I'd be a lot cooler if I had one. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I can't say if the pipes will be expensive or not..... seen interviews where they claim the pipes are the simplest design possible and they don't expect prices to be any higher. (There was an interview done in the Geico team headquarters by someone from vitalmx).

I like the idea of it being a higher reving engine, and that they are making some changes with the electric start, and new motor, and the idea of sharing frame and suspension with the big brother crf450. Reminds me of the Suzuki GSXR600/750 stuff when they were almost identical and shared lots of parts.

Just wish it would be available before November...... but it will force me to wait until there are some tests and reviews since they won't have bikes in dealers till after those would be done (or it sure seems that way).

Stupid thing reminds me of this flop:

IMG_6459.JPG

The new Honda 250f is a dohc design. That being said it has 2 exhaust ports so running a true dual exhaust will make it flow better and relieve the back pressure that it does create. It will lose bottom end but make up for it in mid and top. The red line is almost 1,000 rpm higher than the 2017. If there is any added weight it won't be noticeable, for the fact that the y pipe is gone from the single head pipe to dual exhaust. It is also easier to make a true dual exhaust quieter than a single to dual. As far as the price of an after market true dual exhaust, I would say that 99.9% of the people on here don't need it, heck u can't use all of the power that the stock bike puts out. The aftermarket dual exhaust just looks cool!! Whoopie!!!! And for why haven't the other manufacturers come out with a true dual, be patient it will happen!

I have a 6.4L Hemi in my RAM Truck with 410HP and it has one muffler.

I stared at the Hondas all week at LL. I just can't get myself over a few things:
1) the rear fender looks ridiculous like a big flappy cow tongue
2) the shrouds look like parts of them are missing
3) the dual exhaust

IMG_0467.PNG
Does the fender really look different than any others? Can't really see that. The shrouds do have that black section so they do kind of look different, but same as the 450's.

Who knows by time they are available maybe I will be thinking differently.

Back