2018 Honda CRF250R

2018_CRF450R_02.jpg

1416575094_df600d1a06.jpg

I have a 6.4L Hemi in my RAM Truck with 410HP and it has one muffler.

I stared at the Hondas all week at LL. I just can't get myself over a few things:
1) the rear fender looks ridiculous like a big flappy cow tongue
2) the shrouds look like parts of them are missing
3) the dual exhaust
Yep it has 1 muffler, and exhaust manifolds! Put a set of headers on it, with a true dual exhaust kit, preferably a 3in mandrel bent exhaust and you'll add horsepower! Maybe even a little better fuel mileage!

If you think about it, why would Honda think, "hey lets make it have 2 pipes so it cost more for people to upgrade" the money from the aftermarket pipes doesn't go to them it goes to the other companies, FMF, Pro Circuit etc. I like the new Honda a lot, and I think they will have a lot of success this year!

The bottom of the shrouds do not even totally cover the inner fins. Kind of weird.

Why would they still come with 7/8 bars also?

I have always been a huge fan of Honda stock bars actually. Like the bend and can't say I have ever bent a pair.

I am with some of you guys on the dual exhaust. Never have been a fan, in fact when they went to it on the 450 is when I quit riding Hondas. I finally got over it and bought an 18 crf450, but i still find myself searching for information on when someone is going to come out with an aftermarket single exhaust. That is not looking like it will be an option on the 17-18s though.

This 250 have two complete separate exhausts is crazy. Doesn't sound like it will still have the power the Yamaha and ktm has and it added 7 pounds. Doesn't make sense to me.

Back