High Point DC Vet Homecoming

Most GP's I have rode are woods heavy. I get about 30 seconds on the track to jump over a woods guy before we go back in and he looks like a deer flying past me blitzing tree roots. What is the turn out like?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Most GP's I have rode are woods heavy. I get about 30 seconds on the track to jump over a woods guy before we go back in and he looks like a deer flying past me blitzing tree roots. What is the turn out like?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
Not at tvland. Lol. But I feel ya. Fun races. I didn't realize the flyer had a gp.

I've raced this event probably 15 times.
My thoughts after the race day have ranged from "this is the most fun I've ever had" to "I'm never racing this again."

I might go this year, been on the road a lot so we'll see how the weather looks and if I feel like making the trip. I did really enjoy the track changes when racing the LLQ earlier this year so that is extra motivation to go again.

I raced the GP last year and you actually get practice on the GP track that morning. it was about a half of a lap of moto, small woods sections, a good bit of fields where they cut paths through the 3 foot hi grass one, hill climb and a log or two crossings, even an alternate/choice section to go around a difficult obstacle. Dead engine start on the moto (not on the gate). It is a nice ride...very mild GP but fun.

Ok - I didn't make it.
I was riding shotgun on a train that got headed WAY off track this weekend.
Let's here the stories of how AWESOME it was .............

Ok - I didn't make it.
I was riding shotgun on a train that got headed WAY off track this weekend.
Let's here the stories of how AWESOME it was .............

We decided to go so Mitchy could learn some woods...was a low key fun event for him and ran the 85cc GP and MX support classes. He needs help in the woods..LOL.

Also Kreps has some hilarious GP helmet cam of himself getting stuck and throwing himself on the ground.. all along talking to himself.

Old bikes, old guys, Kreps taking 2 blue ribbons for his 85 KX 125 and 98 RM125 added to the fun.

MX track was fun.. just like the LL Qualifier, but they took the quad out.. Mitchy didn't like that but track was good.

On the Road Photography was working under the Racer X tent and he captured pics of the GP and MX.. can be found on his web page or on Racer X.

Wish the train u were on Sharc had made it.. Mitchy was asking when u guys were coming.

: On the Road Photography
IMG_1039.JPG

Nailed that start! Wow.

That's for Chris and Levi

Boy kept his boot from putting him in between gears and neutral and stayed forward... all those starts at the camps starting to pay off a bit

Sharc.. just know between Kreps, Grega, Rich,Rocket, Wilmo and you...he has no friends his own age!

Just asks where they riding and can we go.. strange little fella..

Tracks so different. Just bizarre. Doesn't feel like high point watching that helmet cam. The spot where my family went for years and years to watch the pro national is gone.:(

Sick holeshot!

http://www.racerproductions.com/2017/09/27th-annual-dc-vet-homecoming-race-report/

It was a fun time, glad I went. They are really putting a lot of effort back into this race and the GP course was fun and the MX track was nicely prepped on Sunday.

Honestly though, it has more of a vintage race feel too it now, I think the rest of the "train" that couldn't get themselves to go probably wouldn't enjoy it much anyway now since they aren't into the "vintage scene" so to speak.

Helmet cam footage??

Tracks so different. Just bizarre. Doesn't feel like high point watching that helmet cam. The spot where my family went for years and years to watch the pro national is gone.:(

Sick holeshot!

This vid did cut out a double single and then the big quad.. but yes much different from when I ran the track...still a lot of fun to watch and Mitchy says to ride.

I go almost every year, weather pending. I think I had more fun this year than any other. The GP was a lot of fun.

MX track was fun.. just like the LL Qualifier, but they took the quad out.. Mitchy didn't like that but track was good.

I don't understand why they cut that part of the track off. I was bummed also. Took out 2 of the funnest jumps, not that I'm a big jump guy... But the way they cut the track is kind of hokey. Only thing I could figure was they saved paying a couple more flaggers. It wouldn't have added much to the lap times.

I don't understand why they cut that part of the track off. I was bummed also. Took out 2 of the funnest jumps, not that I'm a big jump guy... But the way they cut the track is kind of hokey. Only thing I could figure was they saved paying a couple more flaggers. It wouldn't have added much to the lap times.

I agree

So here is full track from LL Qual

Back