2018 Battle Series

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
BAR_9361.jpg

Battle Series 2018 Poll:

1) Whats everyone think about a 4th race? Yea or Nah?
2) Should we move the Briarcliff Round to Labor Day Weekend?
3) Other Suggestions

Fire Away!

I think a spring round at tvland would be cool.

And definitely put the cliff round on a holiday weekend.

Tvland - ctmx - Malvern - Cliff

On the other side of the coin, the 3 rounds are really good. Maybe a fourth would ruin the series. Not sure tho.....

By looking at results from past rounds, we would lose roughly 20-25 entries to Baja and Canam. I would wager that half of those would travel here if we moved it. But I'm not 100% sure, so that's why I'm putting this out there.

I say keep it three rounds. Do not dilute the product. 3 races. June, July and August. My personal opinion keep it off the holiday weekend, and keep it in August.

Like I mentioned in a previous opinion, why the hell all the Saturday Practice. If you wanted to really change it up, run 2 motos at the Malvern and CTMX rounds. Practice in the morning on Saturday, and then right into the motos. No All day practice. 1 sight lap on Sunday, and go racing.

Final round at BC perhaps try the 3 moto format again. Raced over two days. Get rid of all the Saturday practice. It is NOT needed!!

I personally don't like the idea of going to 4 races.

I say keep it three rounds. Do not dilute the product. 3 races. June, July and August. My personal opinion keep it off the holiday weekend, and keep it in August.

Like I mentioned in a previous opinion, why the hell all the Saturday Practice. If you wanted to really change it up, run 2 motos at the Malvern and CTMX rounds. Practice in the morning on Saturday, and then right into the motos. No All day practice. 1 sight lap on Sunday, and go racing.

Final round at BC perhaps try the 3 moto format again. Raced over two days. Get rid of all the Saturday practice. It is NOT needed!!

I personally don't like the idea of going to 4 races.

This is not the john250 series, but for a sponsorship fee I would name it that, and I would still run the current format. Like it or not John, most people like Saturday practice, heck some people come just for it. I think it would be a poor business decision to
eliminate or move Saturday practice. It’s in demand, heck we have a problem because people want two and three groups to be in!! You took Econ 101 right??

Yea you gotta see what options in the tristate areas are gonna screw the holiday race. Good point from lotts.

However If it’s he last round and people are running the series they’re gonna be forced to race it. They’ll Have to show up.....but people that ain’t in it for the points might bail.

I don’t care how much money the series is making. The more profit the better. MERICA. I just want competition on the gates. And I want the gates full. I need a young buck star on that gate so I can pull a holeshot on him only to be able to reminisce about it 20 years from now. Bakers only in for the #OMA-NHRA

All about the MONEY!! Hey, I want to get to the racing!! Not practice all day.
Its not all about the money, but there's good business decisions and bad ones. This is why you might struggle as a promoter if you pull the trigger. You cant let the heart decide everything, the brain has to do it too.

So, if what you say is correct, then why do you show up Saturday?? Curious.

My husband and i both love the practice sat race sunday format. Only thing better is practice friday. Race sat and sunday but thats not really feasible every weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not all about the money, but there's good business decisions and bad ones. This is why you might struggle as a promoter if you pull the trigger. You cant let the heart decide everything, the brain has to do it too.

So, if what you say is correct, then why do you show up Saturday?? Curious.
Because I have a Mamby Pamby 14 year old that is in that generation that thinks they need TONS of practice all the time before a race.

I honestly hope you make TONS of money. As long as your not raping me too hard, and the product is worth it. You've never seen me complain about any race at BC that I've been at. Wait.......maybe once on a combined moto.

I think these thoughts are all good for Ohio. I would say avoid holidays if possible, but a 4th event would be a plus. Maybe have 4 but only make 3 required for overall championship.

We, for the most part, are to attend some events by contract and/or sponsors. Someday I would like to see our state having one of those big 7 amateur national events and being told we should be there.

Not that anything should be based on any one person or one small group, but conflicting a with a known featured amateur national, like Baja, creates a conflict,for that group of riders, they can’t get out of.

Saying that ..Mitchell wouldn’t mind 4 rounds at the cliff for the series

Looking forward to 2018

Honestly I don’t feel Saturday should be dedicated to strictly a practice day. Start practice at 8 and end it at noon. Start racing first motos at 1pm. No track prep just race what’s there after the said practice session. That’s plenty of time for people to learn a track imo. And Stick to the 3 rounds as well.

I say no to 4 rounds, the 3 round format is part of what draws people to the events.
Keep BC where you normally do, do your best to avoid any conflicts.
My only thought for serious change would be to require all 3 rounds be attended for awards, I think it would help boost turn out slightly.

Other than that, just refine what is already working. Romanyak has a good idea with starting racing earlier on saturday too. Its not a drastic change but would help with sundays time.

I like the 3 round thing. Makes them must attend events. I look forward to each race. A 4th race and I'm already mentally writing that one off as I even think about it now.
But who knows, if it's promoted well enough as a big event aside from just adding it to the schedule that could get the buzz going for me, promoted and executed.

Labor Day would be a bummer, I love the battle product, but this is definitely my time to hit one of the other big races mentioned, and I already hate that I have to choose between can/am and Baja as it is. I would love to hit both of those already.

I think that if there is a fourth race then, I would make it that you only have to race 3 of the 4 races, it could be hard for some to make four races. As you stated, it definitely has to be at a different track and I would not do it on a holiday weekend. I think a holiday weekend can become too diluted with other things going on, but who knows.
Lastly, have any of the tracks considered having a one day pass for riders that don't want to do a whole series (or buy a membership) or it may allow a person to try racing to see if they like it. Make it only good for one day and if they want to come back they have the choice of buying another one day pass or buy a membership. However, if they only want to race 3 times it only cost them $15, they get to race, you get $15 of revenue that you may not have gotten and lastly, maybe it helps fill the gate with an extra rider or two. Also, you get the class fee for whatever "classes" they sign up for. Also, a one day pass does not allow you to come to the banquet. The banquet is for members only.

Last edited:
Back