2018 OMA Class Changes

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
For 2018 the OMA will make the following changes to the class structure:

-Removal of Open D & 25+
-Making Collegeboy 16+

-ATV 70 and 90 will not be production, they will be open classes (shifters with autos)
-ATV 50 will have ages 4-8, ATV 70 will be 6-11, ATV 90 will be 8-14
-ATV Schoolboy 1 will become ATV Supermini with an Age range of 11-15,
machine limits shall be 71-105cc 2-Stk, 75-150cc 4-Stk.

Its extremely difficult to eliminate classes, and safety is at the forefront of our decision making process. Although there were many other possible changes, we felt that just as many were against those changes as there were members for them. Thank you for supporting the OMA.

A first step in the right direction. Nicely played Sir.
Eagerly awaiting news on even more possible / confirmed changes.

Two very strong and widely backed organizations in our area. No reason why we cant being Ohio back to the forefront of moto in America.

Collegeboy will be a deeper filled class. Thank you !!!!!

Nothing pisses me off more than getting to the track and seeing 4 whole riders in 25+. It’s a local waste. Thanks for killing the cancer. At the battle rounds it’s still a good class. But off battle weekend great idea!

Will collegeboy still be 16+ on the battle weekends or will the age restriction come back into play?

And collegeboy is an open displacement class still correct ? What is minimum CC? 125 ?

I hope collegeboy takes off like the 125 class did when people said it wouldn’t be a good class to add and won’t work.

Last edited:
Now wait J.O. he does have a point. I know you are the king quadridep but you have to admit there are WAY too many for the attending. Even the big races only big 4 in a lot of the classes. I was baffled to see TWO schoolboy classes in quads. Why not a youth, schoolboy, B/C, A and Vet classes and that's it. I assume the couches want full gates also? Right?

Where is Woody? I like hearing from him
Always lurking (sarcasm detector going off) I can't speak for the youth classes, same deal as mini parents, they all want their own classes.

As far as big quads, A/B could be combined but they are basically always on the same gate anyways. Nice to have open class for those who want to race 2 classes, but that's not for me in my advanced age. But if we did have less classes and could go more laps I'd be all for it (we can agree on that)

The atv classes are designed in an attempt to foster growth and eventually garner their own events. I think your goal DHCK1 is to run promoters out of business, no classes means no riders

Just the opposite my fine young promoter buddy. Less classes less overhead and MUCH more potential for growth (more racers and less pro practicers). Yes. You make a lot from practice. But without racing, what’s the point of practice?
There are only two promoters nation wide that I want to run out of business, your not one of them. Your welcome.

Dhds01 has spoken, shut it, don’t try it. We gave you your own day at battle rounds, and other premier races lik at ct and BC.

Lmao....don't drink and post on social media!!!

Seriously though, I'm just speaking the truth. I never said don't try it. Never once have you heard me ask for my own gate, smaller gates, not to gate with women ect..... I have always been the one at the track saying it's ok to have one drop or voted for as many laps as possible. No snowflake here.

Just the opposite my fine young promoter buddy. Less classes less overhead and MUCH more potential for growth (more racers and less pro practicers). Yes. You make a lot from practice. But without racing, what’s the point of practice?
There are only two promoters nation wide that I want to run out of business, your not one of them. Your welcome.

Here’s the deal ustacould, practice is like money market accounts, it’s not crazy money but it’s steady small amounts of money, but it’s extremely low risk. Races could be high volume, more money, but it depends on the weather, and it’s more of a gamble. Like stocks or bigger risks.

Back