2018 OMA Class Changes

Looking forward to going back to collegeboy to get my bachelors degree. That'll definitely help all the local races from being snooze fests to me.
Also curious if the Battle rounds will run the +25 class, (kinda under the Ama class list structure since those are dual sanctioned events.)

I think we should force Hershey to race women’s class. Lotts will smoke him. And the rest of the girls.

He’s gettin fragile in his old age. Can’t hang on for more than the second turn. Then it’s all a struggling uphill climb from there!

Remember these are to be the minimum OMA class offerings, any promoter can add any class that they want to add to their program. It is possible to add +25 for Battle, and all the Battle promoters will discuss that before we finalize the schedule. However there are some potential AMA-Mx Sports class changes that MIGHT be coming, and IF they happen, it will make +25 about as useful as +35 and +45 plus, in my opinion. So stay tuned. If those changes happen in the next 3-4 weeks, then we will line up with those changes, and everyone might feel a smidge better, or maybe not.

They are dropping all age classes ending in 5. Only keeping 30, 40, 50. Adding a Vet Pro Class and 3 more C classes.

Always lurking (sarcasm detector going off) I can't speak for the youth classes, same deal as mini parents, they all want their own classes.

As far as big quads, A/B could be combined but they are basically always on the same gate anyways. Nice to have open class for those who want to race 2 classes, but that's not for me in my advanced age. But if we did have less classes and could go more laps I'd be all for it (we can agree on that)

My 2 cents as a 7 year vet of local quadbilly racing... (Wow 7 years already I'm getting old)

Normally racing B and Open. I agree with Woody we could combine A/B without much issue but I don't see it saving any time. I'm pretty sure every time I raced B this year we were dropped with A. Also there's a need for open which never gets its own gates (Except battle was 15-20 each round) the 4-5 guys normally get dropped with C or vet. Which I'm perfectly okay with I've had countless battles with woody and other fast guys from being dropped with vet. I really don't see any means to cut the big quads any more.

So lets restart this topic about elimination of the plus 25 class.

I spoke with someone at the AMA, and i was told "The AMA will never eliminate that class." ..... and after some further research and discussion, I was told the OMA decided to remove this class from their district. I was also told that their was a vote taken about eliminating it and it was a 50/50 decision? Where was this vote at? and who voted? and this was because the "numbers" were down....... well in that case maybe the OMA should eliminate some other classes? I seen plenty of other classes with the same or less people on the gate.

Isnt the OMA to make Ohio moto better? Weren't we told that the riders would have a voice in things....

I think eliminating this class will just hurt the vet turnout even more than it already is. I personally looked forward to plus 25 for many reasons. I wouldnt be riding against a younger crowd that is out of control or not as experienced. Those riders dont have to worry about paying for their stuff because they still have mommy and daddy support. They dont have to worry about going to work monday to pay a mortgage, bills, and not losing everything. Also this new generation of riders spend all there time at training camps or riding daily to where us vet riders spend all our time working so its harder for the 9-5 guy to stay competitive and enjoy some victory every now and then.

What does the AMA have to do with us eliminating this class? BTW, it will more than likely be left in for Battle.

And this is for everyone for eliminating classes. This is exactly the response that will be generated for any class eliminated. Called it.

Remember these are to be the minimum OMA class offerings, any promoter can add any class that they want to add to their program. It is possible to add +25 for Battle, and all the Battle promoters will discuss that before we finalize the schedule. However there are some potential AMA-Mx Sports class changes that MIGHT be coming, and IF they happen, it will make +25 about as useful as +35 and +45 plus, in my opinion. So stay tuned. If those changes happen in the next 3-4 weeks, then we will line up with those changes, and everyone might feel a smidge better, or maybe not.

So what is the safety reasons you spoke of for eliminating the plus 25 and open D class? and making collegeboy 16+?

Just some numbers (not trying to steal knoxs thunder here)

Overall rider count for year:

Plus 25- 72
Open D- 73

ATV schoolboy 1- 19
ATV schoolboy 2- 20
ATV A- 11
ATV B- 30
ATV vet- 43

The change that I thought was coming (From AMA) would have been making collegeboy 18-?? (my guess would be 30), and schoolboy 2 up to 17 years old. This in my opinion would have made 25+ kind of useless. Since this change is not occurring we will keep our collegeboy at 16+.

Team MMR. First off, I don't even consider Plus 25 a Vet class. Honestly, my whole life in my 20's until I turned 30, I was still riding B class. So I don't buy into your safety issue, plus 25 being safer than riding another class. In all reality, there are some squirrels in C class, but even C class is not like it used to be.

I think 16+ is perfect. 16 to 29. Makes more sense than Collegeboy and plus 25. My personal opinion, I would make the vet classes 35+ and 45+. Have 16+, 35+ and 45+.

Ok well now your gonna have true beginner riders mixed with sandbaggers in C as well since Open D was eliminated.

And your opinion is different than mine and other about plus 25 being a vet class, i mean it is offered at the World Vet motocross championships (http://www.worldvetmx.com/event-schedule)

Now lets say you have a rider who was never allowed to race growing up. Turns 18 or whatever age and now can legally sign himself/herself up. You expect them to jump into C class with a bunch of kids (Bc thats who Mx caters to now is the 12-16 year old riders because parents cant have the discipline of purchasing the right bike for their kid and want them to get a trophy so they can be proud) or a collegeboy class with a bunch of experienced riders to get in their way or discourage them.

Idk why im even posting on here because not like anything will change with the dictatorship and mindset of some people. But what is funny to me, is the people on here talking about class changes and how moto is dying, and they only ran 2-5 races in there Local sanction. Thanks for your time and letting me express my opinion without answering to my questions.

Now lets say you have a rider who was never allowed to race growing up. Turns 18 or whatever age and now can legally sign himself/herself up. You expect them to jump into C class with a bunch of kids (Bc thats who Mx caters to now is the 12-16 year old riders because parents cant have the discipline of purchasing the right bike for their kid and want them to get a trophy so they can be proud) or a collegeboy class with a bunch of experienced riders to get in their way or discourage them.

Well he sure as hell cant run 25+. Collegeboy or 250C or Open C is a place for him to learn and race.

Well he sure as hell cant run 25+. Collegeboy or 250C or Open C is a place for him to learn and race.

NO SH!T but he coulda ran open D, that would be the safest, since you all about safety of the riders!

I did ask for the safety reasons you spoke of for eliminating those classes but you just skipped that part prolly because you dont have a answer.

So what is the safety reasons you spoke of for eliminating the plus 25 and open D class? and making collegeboy 16+?

Just some numbers (not trying to steal knoxs thunder here)

Overall rider count for year:

Plus 25- 72
Open D- 73

ATV schoolboy 1- 19
ATV schoolboy 2- 20
ATV A- 11
ATV B- 30
ATV vet- 43

Lol.....cant argue with that one, you just ignore it and hope it goes away!!

The point being that a true beginner is no longer safe in C class races. Those top kids care about nothing more than a plastic first place trophy to impress their hoochie of the week. They will run over anything in the way to get it too. Its no fun feeling scared on the track in a group of fast riders, it scares riders off. At a Malvern race a couple years back a friend ( and prospective C class rider ) watched the C class kids jump the table to table ( about 7 of them ) and said right then he would never race.

Back