Serious question... 250F.. Or 450F

Hey Baker not to change the direction of this thread but you have me thinking. Jonathan is a pretty big kid like you but he loves his 125 KTM 2 stroke and doesn't like his 250 four stroke at all so, I am thinking about a 250, 2 stroke for him, have you considered that? Also, for all you guys out there what is the downside or upside of a 250 2 stroke. I really think that is the direction we are heading. I think I am even going to put his KTM 125 up for sale. Please share your input with me. Jonathan is about 5'11" and 180 lbs. and 16 years old.

I like my 250F. Need more holeshot power though. I can’t expect to be pulling starts on 450s.

I almost bought a 250 2 stroke this year but I went with the 250F instead.

Maybe just try the 2 stroke 250. My last favorite bike was my yz250 that got stolen. He would probably like it if he loves the 125

I prefer a 250 two stroke over anything, hell honestly i prefer a 500 over anything but if he likes the 125 he’ll love the 250 2 stroke, but make sure you put a smart carb on the bike to help reduce the bog and make it as close to FI as you can.

, I am thinking about a 250, 2 stroke for him,
He can grab my 300 anytime. Give's him a feel & I'd love to watch and see what he could do on it.
Carl Schlacht spun some laps and it was super cool to see him ( a capable two stroke rider) wring it out. .
Carl was giddy with it.

He can grab my 300 anytime. Give's him a feel & I'd love to watch and see what he could do on it.
Carl Schlacht spun some laps and it was super cool to see him ( a capable two stroke rider) wring it out. .
Carl was giddy with it.
Thanks for the offer that’s mighty nice. Ya, if we end up running into each other this winter, I might take you up on it. I’m sure Jonathan would love it.

Did you change the carb ? Or do you run 60:1 sharc?
Yes & yes
Running the Lectron @ 60:1
Just did rings at 40hrs. Looked new inside. I could have run 60 + no problem I'm thinking.
Took about $100.00, half a dozen common tools & 2.5 hrs - not rushing at all - the beauty of two strokes.

Seriously - grab it anytime
I don't think he can race it??? ..I don't think there's a class ....Sorry-Sorry - No Class Jokes -

But still... Gives him a feel for a bigger bore, current 2-stroke.
If he finds his same timing and is able to throw it around like he can his bike - (what I think he'll do) then sit back and watch the dirt fly.

Last edited:
Back