Serious question... 250F.. Or 450F

john lilly

PR Addict
Hey Baker not to change the direction of this thread but you have me thinking. Jonathan is a pretty big kid like you but he loves his 125 KTM 2 stroke and doesn't like his 250 four stroke at all so, I am thinking about a 250, 2 stroke for him, have you considered that? Also, for all you guys out there what is the downside or upside of a 250 2 stroke. I really think that is the direction we are heading. I think I am even going to put his KTM 125 up for sale. Please share your input with me. Jonathan is about 5'11" and 180 lbs. and 16 years old.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I like my 250F. Need more holeshot power though. I can’t expect to be pulling starts on 450s.

I almost bought a 250 2 stroke this year but I went with the 250F instead.

Maybe just try the 2 stroke 250. My last favorite bike was my yz250 that got stolen. He would probably like it if he loves the 125

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I prefer a 250 two stroke over anything, hell honestly i prefer a 500 over anything but if he likes the 125 he’ll love the 250 2 stroke, but make sure you put a smart carb on the bike to help reduce the bog and make it as close to FI as you can.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
, I am thinking about a 250, 2 stroke for him,
He can grab my 300 anytime. Give's him a feel & I'd love to watch and see what he could do on it.
Carl Schlacht spun some laps and it was super cool to see him ( a capable two stroke rider) wring it out. .
Carl was giddy with it.

john lilly

PR Addict
He can grab my 300 anytime. Give's him a feel & I'd love to watch and see what he could do on it.
Carl Schlacht spun some laps and it was super cool to see him ( a capable two stroke rider) wring it out. .
Carl was giddy with it.
Thanks for the offer that’s mighty nice. Ya, if we end up running into each other this winter, I might take you up on it. I’m sure Jonathan would love it.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Did you change the carb ? Or do you run 60:1 sharc?
Yes & yes
Running the Lectron @ 60:1
Just did rings at 40hrs. Looked new inside. I could have run 60 + no problem I'm thinking.
Took about $100.00, half a dozen common tools & 2.5 hrs - not rushing at all - the beauty of two strokes.

Seriously - grab it anytime
I don't think he can race it??? ..I don't think there's a class ....Sorry-Sorry - No Class Jokes -

But still... Gives him a feel for a bigger bore, current 2-stroke.
If he finds his same timing and is able to throw it around like he can his bike - (what I think he'll do) then sit back and watch the dirt fly.

Last edited: