Farkengruven

See how the 1st & 2nd moto scores are the same - the whole thing is a snooze fest
Typically the same in most local mx too. The turnout was terrible so the competition was probably nil. I wonder if the marketing was poor, people didn't understand the format or if it was just a bust.

Southern Ohio has a HUGE gp following for some reason. I bet this race would have been huge down there.

The place to test this is Chillitown and Dave's back yard. if the turn out is huge at both, then we know it works.

I dont believe this will be popular at any track, in any local scene across the entire country. The general pop of local moto isn't desiring to run 45 minute motos and only be at the track for 46 minutes. Myself as a local racer, works Monday through Friday dreading waking up every morning. Don't sleep worth a s**t Saturday night because of the anticipation, wake up at the crack of dawn Sunday (happy as a clam), ride practice still half-tired, wait to see the rider list, know who's gonna win and a round about what place i'll get before even lining up. And enjoy every moment of just being there. I drive home smiling, reflecting on how my friends did, how I could maybe do better next time...... am I the only one who feels this way? If want to leave, I pack up and go home early. I'm not required to be there at all.

There are options for people that want to know what time they'll race (gncc), there are options for people that want longer motos (GP), there are options for people that want to race the best of the best (A class pro-ams).

You guys are trying to make the sport something its not. Just because you change the format of the way the day proceeds does not mean you'll draw new people in. You can't make a woods guy a jumper and you can't make a jumper a woods guy. If you want to grow the sport, buy some bikes, drag your friends out riding with you, influence them, talk about it, show them the ropes, let them experience it. I have one friend in particular loves fishing, LOVES fishing. Everytime we get a few beers in us I toss him a helmet and fire up the pitbike, 95% of the time, he doesn't ride it, he doesn't want to. But that 5% he does ride it, he comes back smiling. Talks about how its fun and then its over. I could offer to pay every dime of his entire season and he is not riding, period. If I offered to pay his way into the Bassmaster Opens, I'd go broke... See where im going?

If we test it at BC and the turnout sucks - then it doesn't work and we never have to do it again?
I tell you what, I will partner with you on it. Just throwing darts, for the sake of argument, lets say we spend 10-12k. you bring me 5-6k, and we will split the profits or losses. But if we lose money, Im charging you the 3-5k I could have generated from practice. Still sound like it might work? So you might be out 8-11k, for a maybe that is dependent on the weather forecast, not the actual weather, just the forecast. This is gamble you make months in advance. I don't know about you, but I'm out. This is Kinseys rookie season in WMX. I will focused on that. Less for me on the schedule next year.

I dont believe this will be popular at any track, in any local scene across the entire country. The general pop of local moto isn't desiring to run 45 minute motos and only be at the track for 46 minutes. Myself as a local racer, works Monday through Friday dreading waking up every morning. Don't sleep worth a s**t Saturday night because of the anticipation, wake up at the crack of dawn Sunday (happy as a clam), ride practice still half-tired, wait to see the rider list, know who's gonna win and a round about what place i'll get before even lining up. And enjoy every moment of just being there. I drive home smiling, reflecting on how my friends did, how I could maybe do better next time...... am I the only one who feels this way? If want to leave, I pack up and go home early. I'm not required to be there at all.

There are options for people that want to know what time they'll race (gncc), there are options for people that want longer motos (GP), there are options for people that want to race the best of the best (A class pro-ams).

You guys are trying to make the sport something its not. Just because you change the format of the way the day proceeds does not mean you'll draw new people in. You can't make a woods guy a jumper and you can't make a jumper a woods guy. If you want to grow the sport, buy some bikes, drag your friends out riding with you, influence them, talk about it, show them the ropes, let them experience it. I have one friend in particular loves fishing, LOVES fishing. Everytime we get a few beers in us I toss him a helmet and fire up the pitbike, 95% of the time, he doesn't ride it, he doesn't want to. But that 5% he does ride it, he comes back smiling. Talks about how its fun and then its over. I could offer to pay every dime of his entire season and he is not riding, period. If I offered to pay his way into the Bassmaster Opens, I'd go broke... See where im going?
Bingo -!

I tell you what, I will partner with you on it. Just throwing darts, for the sake of argument, lets say we spend 10-12k. you bring me 5-6k, and we will split the profits or losses. But if we lose money, Im charging you the 3-5k I could have generated from practice. Still sound like it might work? So you might be out 8-11k, for a maybe that is dependent on the weather forecast, not the actual weather, just the forecast. This is gamble you make months in advance. I don't know about you, but I'm out. This is Kinseys rookie season in WMX. I will focused on that. Less for me on the schedule next year.

I don't envy track promotors/owners a bit. I know you guys put up a lot of money and take big risks to put on an event. I'm not willing to spend 10 grand to try it and I wouldn't expect you to do that either.

I like the format, others do too. But that doesn't mean there are enough of us to make it profitable for you, I understand that.

I think writing off a format based on what the turnouts in Michigan looked like 3 years ago doesn't mean it can't work. I would like to see someone give it a try before we bury it and say it sucks.

Maybe I'm struggling with the fact I'm supposed to be an off-road guy. I love motocross - more than anything in the whole world. With that being said when I go to a track I want to ride. I'll bullshit between sessions but my priority when I'm there is riding my bike and I love spending majority of my day at the track but I don't want to spend it sitting in the pits for my next gate drop that isn't going to be up for another 4 hours.

A 12 hour day for 30 mins of track time is not worth the squeeze - but you're right maybe I'm in the minority here and the normal old format is for the people. I didn't really think about it that way.

...we're talking Baja here ..
Red Bud tried it too but I can't find the results

Baja puts a lot of effort into the brawl, its on a holiday weekend, its an ama featured event.

Comparing to a D14 local race might be more fair than the brawl. No doubt that turnout sucks but I wonder what factors played into that turnout sucking?

Back