ALTA Redshift Price Drop.

John250

PR Founding Father
What little kid wants to ride or race a motorcycle that makes no noise? Half the draw for little kids is revving that motor and listening to it

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
$24,000 and you can ride it for a whole 2 hours. Sounds like a great deal. No thanks. And power cords to charge it up are pretty safe around water too.

idk about u but 2 hrs on a ski is plenty for me. by then im either tired, or bored. kinda like dirt bikes..ride it for 15 min then hang out for a minute. 2 hrs is probably plenty for most realistically.

and boats plug into shore power all the time..thats normal.

John250

PR Founding Father
idk about u but 2 hrs on a ski is plenty for me. by then im either tired, or bored. kinda like dirt bikes..ride it for 15 min then hang out for a minute. 2 hrs is probably plenty for most realistically.

Well usually when at the lake with family and friends, the skis never stop between all the kids and grown up kids.

Bill480

PR Addict

get that logic out of here. however they do claim 20 min charging to 80% but make no claim on what that extra 20% of charge takes lolll

Well usually when at the lake with family and friends, the skis never stop between all the kids and grown up kids.

so dont buy one

It could maybe .. and I mean a hard maybe do well in the stand up market.. but touring ? Absolutely not, total flop.

you should let them know your expert opinion on the standup and touring jet ski markets

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
More and more electric stuff is coming whether we like it or not. Anyone that has raced the electric karts indoors can attest that they have had a ton of fun without any noise other than the laughter and howling of the competitors you are racing against, there is plenty of fun to be had without the noise aspect but still racing. I was going to get an ALTA before the plug got pulled last year for this season, as it turns out, not getting one was better as I couldn't race much this year again anyway. I'm planning to be back in the saddle more next season, and ride my current bike for the near future. I just rode a new KTM 300 2 stroke the other day, and they still aren't as good and easy to ride as the 4 strokes, but they are closing the gap again on 4 stroke performance, with all they are doing to 2 strokes now. A little too little too late though as electric is going to take over before they work out the perfect 2 stroke (which is quieter and less offensive to people than 4 strokes), but therein lies the real problem. Noise pollution kills our sport and urban sprawl makes it harder and harder to find places to ride. Quiet bikes will equal more places to ride, and that's a good thing.

There is a push around the world on electric bicycles as transportation methods for many people, and that's just a stone's throw away from electric motorcycles. The technology is advancing rapidly and they will be pretty good pretty soon.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
From Yamaha's main page ......

Over 4 Million Drive
Units used worldwide

TODAY, YAMAHA IS RECOGNIZED AS A PIONEERING LEADER IN EBIKES WITH OVER 2 MILLION BICYCLES AND 4 MILLION DRIVE UNITS CREATED TO EMPOWER OUR CUSTOMERS.

I'm still totally diggin the e-skate board

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Yamaha invented the world’s first electrically power assisted bicycle (PAS) in 1993. Since then we have been constantly innovating to deliver the most easy-to-use power assist systems. Just one ride and you’ll understand.

....So, it's Yamaha's fault ........LOL!!!!!

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
get that logic out of here. however they do claim 20 min charging to 80% but make no claim on what that extra 20% of charge takes lolll

so dont buy one

you should let them know your expert opinion on the standup and touring jet ski markets

You should stop trying to be a smartass/ tough guy on the internet .. so there’s that.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
F'n Yamaha -
The original YZ's brought down the British 4 strokes
Then the stupid single shock thing
Plus they mixed in water
Only to bend it all with oversize 4 strokes again
So we end up e-freak tree huggers ........

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
You remember the lecture your dad always gave you on "if I had the equipment you have now back when I was a kid!!!"? - yeah I'm going do the same with my kids electric bikes some day.....just like my dad did with my KX65.

mshafer62

PR Addict
If you haven't ridden a bicycle, mountain or road, with electric assist, go ride one.
When you feel the assist, it will make you smile!
The same speed with less effort as a traditional bike, I think it will open up more people to cycling.

Probably the same thing with the small electric KTM 's and Husky's out soon.
New group of riders. Opportunity for dealers. Opportunity for tracks.

Last edited: