ALTA Redshift Price Drop.

Fedor131

PR Member
LOL......You'll be back.......probably the third or fourth time the weather jacks your jumps up, and your like ummmmm no, I will just go ride somewhere. Now I do agree there will be more places to ride, back yards, heck lots of places, as long as you aren't kicking up too much dust for the neighbors. However, if you try to maintain anything with jumps......good luck. Its just too good of a deal once you try to maintain a place. You basically have a bunch of your friends all pitching in $25 to keep a place going.
I'm not saying I will never go to a track again. I will for sure go back to tracks. I am just saying from a numbers stand point it "could" hurt the local tracks. Some might just be content to maintaining a smaller track in a back yard than go to a track. Yes, I know it takes a lot of work to maintain a track especially to have nice jumps. I'm not taking anything away from you. I was just making a comment that these bikes could possibly change the tracks turnouts.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Noise and pollution. Really. Motocross contributes to about .00001% of that problem. If they want to address that problem, then do it where you can actually make a dent in the problem.

Like a true politician, you took what I typed and made it two different things........ I typed one concept here ------ NOISE POLLUTION -------- Not Noise and Pollution. This is what shuts down tracks and riding in Ohio, many tracks have closed due to noise restrictions. These bikes solve this problem and will open more riding up to places closer to people and will help get more people riding.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Alta bikes on a synthetic track (think running track) No noise , no smoke, no dust, no water.

The new version of woodcross.

Bill480

PR Addict
Lmao....you're right. Normally Im a spelling/grammar nazi. The phone auto corrected.

So what you're saying is the crappy life of the battery does exist yet Im wrong in pointing it out? Im still confused.

What I'm saying is: this can only be settled in the pits.

What I'm really saying is not every battery is created equal and using your extremely small sample size as a reason to swear off anything battery powered forever is naive IMO. I don't know everything (or anything really) about the battery in the Alta but I would suggest contacting them if you were genuinely curious on the battery(ies) they use and the kind of short and long term life you should expect out of it. Maybe it's already on their website? IDK

ohiowildman939

PR Member
FD4F89AF-9876-49A7-957D-69C968AC5645.png
Electric is the way of the future for sure. In ten years we’ll be buying better batteries and controllers instead of cams and exhaust pipes.

hershey

PR Elite
What I'm saying is: this can only be settled in the pits.

What I'm really saying is not every battery is created equal and using your extremely small sample size as a reason to swear off anything battery powered forever is naive IMO. I don't know everything (or anything really) about the battery in the Alta but I would suggest contacting them if you were genuinely curious on the battery(ies) they use and the kind of short and long term life you should expect out of it. Maybe it's already on their website? IDK

Bahaha....settle down man! I'd love to have one, after talking to some people this weekend though , the battery issues aren't truly resloved yet. I'll believe the people with the bike over what I read. Trust me, I'll own one as soon as they are.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
s**t....if my electric bike ain’t making noise I’m tearing up the neighbors yard and all these prime nicely disced up nurseries around me.

Special_K 415

PR Member
No more noise pollution at a track?! Sounds like a great concept. What about the hundred generators that fire up all at one time for 2.5 hours to recharge the batteries? [emoji23] Oh and there goes that gas saving, carbon emissions EPA crap too. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get my hands on a redshift myself to try out "the future of motocross"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Special_K 415

PR Member
Yeah what’s the charging system like for these things?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
What I read on the Alta website is it takes 4.5 hours for a full recharge using 110v and 2.5 hours using 220v. Seems like an awful long time for only 45 minutes of use on an mx track. But I guess that could benefit someone like me that's tired after 10 minutes and needs an hour to recover lol

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
If you had two batteries to flip back and forth between I guess that would’t be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

TBO

PR Addict
What I read on the Alta website is it takes 4.5 hours for a full recharge using 110v and 2.5 hours using 220v. Seems like an awful long time for only 45 minutes of use on an mx track. But I guess that could benefit someone like me that's tired after 10 minutes and needs an hour to recover lol

http://racerxonline.com/2018/03/06/insight-2018-alta-motors-redshift-mx-and-mxr-intro
“From fully empty, the new MXR will charge in 1.5 hours with their new R Charger”

Special_K 415

PR Member

hershey

PR Elite
Alta's site also says 25 mins for expert moto. So the average joe is going to see maybe 40 min ? Guessing here. When Im in shape by mid season Im running 30 min at the practice track. So based off of their site Im charging for 1.5 hours on a 220v R charging system for 1.5 hours before I can ride again. Not working well. I cant find the cost for batteries either but didnt look hard.

So running 2 classes is going to get you about 30 mins run time for 2 motos. Charge up again and 2 more motos. Its a tight squeeze....and thats exactly what I heard about this past weekend. Again, 2 batteries would help depending on cost.

Each case requires a 5500 or larger 220v generator to charge at the track. And after a few charging cycles that battery life will start to reduce.

Bill480

PR Addict
What are you referencing on that page? I was only going off what the racerx article said. There is nothing on the Redshift MXR page about it's range on a full charge. All I can find about the range is found in the faq page

the range is on that page

And after a few charging cycles that battery life will start to reduce.

lmao and what are you basing that on?

do you consider 100k miles "a few charging cycles" as well?