Big boys on 250f’s

jj584

PR Addict
So if I have a smoking deal on a couple of bikes, even though we sick at riding should I take it? Feeling guilty!

663dad

PR Addict
Air forks scare me off too. Changing pressures and all that crap. I don’t know enough to want to mess with that everytime I go to the track. Word around the campfire is kawi is going have spring forks on the 19 450f.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
My son has been on Kawi 450's since 13 and adapted well to the change over to air forks. Brandon has never had any issues with the air forks or has he complained about them. I have had a pro circuit suspension in the past and currently have has Factory connection suspension which he likes better over the PC. suspension. I have only had to change the air pressure once after his first ride out, I only had to add around 5lbs to the balance chamber. The boy only weighs 135lbs soaking wet, and races motocross .

spacecat

PR Member
he would love either the suzuki or kawasaki 250f. love the handling of the RMZ put it goes flat on top. I dont think he would notice that though. only complaint is it has an air fork. only single chamber, but still an air fork. I think the KX250f would be good for him. power is very linear and smooth thanks to the dual fuel injectors. KX replacement parts are cheaper too.

jj584

PR Addict
Ive got some good pricing so he should be on a new red bike, or green bike C.O.B tomorrow. Actually leaning towards red.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Cernics has a 17 kx450f for like $5800. If you ended up really hating the air forks I know there are spring conversion kits out there.

AND a 17 YZ450f for $6500.

Last edited:

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
My son has been on Kawi 450's since 13 and adapted well to the change over to air forks. Brandon has never had any issues with the air forks or has he complained about them. I have had a pro circuit suspension in the past and currently have has Factory connection suspension which he likes better over the PC. suspension. I have only had to change the air pressure once after his first ride out, I only had to add around 5lbs to the balance chamber. The boy only weighs 135lbs soaking wet, and races motocross .

I’d love to have FC set up my stuff but it’s not really in the budget while I’m still in school. I heard the WP air stuff is really good in stock trim. I plan to demo a KTM/Husky this summer.

jj584

PR Addict
I always hit cycle trader, somebody is always advertising pricing with all the incentives. Take that number add up all the extra stuff for OTD pricing and than deduct a couple Hundy and start making calls. My local dealer matches the cheapest prices almost every time and if he doesn’t he’s close and I like them so I’ll buy there. If you dont shop at the local dealer though then he has no motivation to work with you. I’ve been getting all my parts and gear from the local guy for years. I’m paying maybe 10$ more per order if it’s over $200. That’s nothing if they’ll work with you when it’s new bike time. “More flys with honey”

Romanyak256

PR Addict
You couldn’t pay me enough to own a Kawasaki again. Had a ‘14 250f i bought off a guy, no hours just break in on a fresh whole motor rebuild... whole motor grenaded on me with 6 hours on it, not to mention the dampening rod in the left fork shattered into about 16 pieces. Biggest piece of s**t i ever owned. I’ll stick to my Honda’s and ktm/hus

jj584

PR Addict
Pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 163

jj584

PR Addict
Nice. I see you talked some sense into yourself.
I really couldn’t beat the deal I got and it really was the brand that’s been on my mind. Rode for 15, stripes and lubed, rode for 15 more and went over all hardware and chain. Bike is smooth, and feels comfy. Seems finicky on cold start ups though.