Do we really want to continue to call this “Supercross”

Lotts24

PR Elite
I am def biased in this statement but i dont feel the suzi is the worst 250. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lotts24

PR Elite
The 250 was a fine bike when it was released in 2007
Since then, new tank stickers on a turd...

Next time at the track take mine for a spin. I promise its not a turd. Lol. You can make a bike faster but you really cant make a bike turn much better. And i had an 04 kawi which was the same as the zook at the time. Leaps and bounds different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Well I was wrong about Wilson. Sort of.
But I was also correct on everything else. Boring, too many races. Cow path through the whoops. Well let’s not call those whoops. Ruts are the only thing that made that trade worth watching.
Is it me or are the tracks getting smaller and smaller. They are not even using all the floor space. Just because they now go by time and not laps it is turning into Arenacross.

honda907

PR Addict
About over the whole MX scene. Racing stinks at the pro level. Lots of injuries. Crazy hard tracks that most will crash hard on. I know they are pushing it, but these injuries are too much for me.

Never thought I would say this after I've been involved since 1971 and raced pro for a few years in the mid 80's. The whole sport has evolved and I can't even find myself dreaming of MX anymore. I now dream of HS after doing a mud and snow scramble this winter. Most fun ever for a long time . Now I see why all my old buddies have left Moto.

Sad day when I don't even care to go to a PRO SX. Left my tickets out for someone else for Indy for free. They never left. Sad.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Tough blocks have got to go Second or third time this year they have been pulled / knocked out into the first turn. They have been foot peg bitters on take offs and caused injuries.
This again goes back to reinvesting or even caring about the sport. AMA and Feld only care about the number of membership and butts in the seats.
One fat guy in Ohio can identify tough blocks ar causing issues but the people in charge of the “show” can not?
Well here you go. Stop using hay bale sized blocks.... use something about the size of a parking spot bumper things. Or lower.
They will hate this idea BECAUSE bales are a massive profit stream. All that advertising and no need for the expense of making an actual commercial. I can hear their sales people now.

Use the bale sized blocks in areas to protect the riders. Poles, equipment, line the concrete walls with them. Next to the track use something a lot lower. 4 inch high max. If it gets pulled out in the track then it is easily riden over.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Agreed! Was exciting to watch AC & JA come through the pack!

Got to agree with others about Tomac, he is the new James Stewart...
Team green gremlin. Boxed up till the bike hits the ground. Then it’s released and attached to his back rest of the moto.

Still kinda sucks for the guy in second. He doesn’t gain any points from Martin gettin docked. And then I know rules are rules, where was the guy down at causing the red flashers ?

beenridin

PR Elite
How about a triangle shaped tough block. The advertising can still be on there . That will still reduce impact but will be less likely to grab the foot pegs. You could peobably almost rideniver it too in a pinch. Use the big rectangular blocks in other spots less likely to cause pileups.

k01

PR Elite
Tuff or tough or whatever blocks setting loose on the inside of the first turn is just plain dumb.

k01

PR Elite
About over the whole MX scene. Racing stinks at the pro level. Lots of injuries. Crazy hard tracks that most will crash hard on. I know they are pushing it, but these injuries are too much for me.

Never thought I would say this after I've been involved since 1971 and raced pro for a few years in the mid 80's. The whole sport has evolved and I can't even find myself dreaming of MX anymore. I now dream of HS after doing a mud and snow scramble this winter. Most fun ever for a long time . Now I see why all my old buddies have left Moto.

Sad day when I don't even care to go to a PRO SX. Left my tickets out for someone else for Indy for free. They never left. Sad.
So the reason I enjoy watching AP so much is because he has an off road background? ;)

JB_519

PR Addict
Plenty of excitement before they changed the turn into the finish line corner....

F25E504B-1133-47F6-81F2-30E1C76B4531.jpeg

jfalat

PR Addict
What a great race. Was sitting right in front of rythem section that everyone was trying to quad. Tomac was riding the wheels of that bike till he went down. 250 class was fun to watch also.osborn and plessenger starting dead last mad for some great passing.