AMA Motocross - How to qualify for LL's

hershey

PR Elite
So according to the AMA I can race C. But I cant race the 40+ class at LL.
Glad they made this advancement system so consistent and easy to follow.

Thats the funny part!

They have me listed as an A rider because at an area qualifier at Birch Creek in VA one year, they ran all the Qualifying racers in the 40 A class and the three other series racers there the same day in the regular 40 class so it was easier for them to score. I suck too, not even close to A class speed.

He petitioned back to prove to everyone that they really don't look at anything, as long as you have your $50 check in the envelope.

I'm going to guess he is trolling. Pretty simple reason why this is listed like this and it has nothing to do with an appeal that no one looked at. Results Center goes back to 2008. Apparently, Mr. Knox took a sabbatical from AMA racing for 10 years or more. When he raced AMA for the first time in at least 10 year or more last May, he raced a B/C class. Being his first AMA race since the Results Center was used for advancement, he had no classification. The default classification assigned was the lower class of a combined class ie: 125 B/C, so that's what happened when he started racing again. It is too bad that the AMA system has no way to cross reference the MX Sports Vault as that would prevent things like this from happening.

It currently would take someone complaining for it to change, or Mr. Knox could call 1-800-JOIN and let them know it is wrong, but then he would not be able to race that 125 class. And congrats to him by the way, he started back in a big way going to ten AMA races in 2017!

Chris scored points in both of his Outdoor National Pro races and also made the main in his only SX which keeps him from being able to race +45 Sportsman.

Thats the funny part!

They have me listed as an A rider because at an area qualifier at Birch Creek in VA one year, they ran all the Qualifying racers in the 40 A class and the three other series racers there the same day in the regular 40 class so it was easier for them to score. I suck too, not even close to A class speed.
Not sure if you care or not, but I did look this up and you are right. You should not have been advanced due to racing in this class. It would be an administrative appeal (one that says a clerical error got you advanced) and I would be happy to help you with it. 919-5893-0400 - Mike

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I have said this before, and I will say it again, Loretta Lynn's is the carrot that gets all of these people chasing the dream of making there are winning a National Championship, when 99.9% of the time it's never going to happen. The fact of the matter is, that no matter how they make the class list, what rules they impose for advancement, and what bikes / mods are legal at any given time......... more than 80% of the riders are the same guys from year to year. My first time to Loretta's was way back in 1995 and my last time was last year....... and lots of the same guys are still racing those same classes all these years later, sure the names have changed, but I see the same guys at the same events year after year after year and get to know those guys because it's fun to race with them. The guys that were faster than I was when I was 25, are still faster than me when I'm 49 this year. It's still fun, I still love those long motos and battling to the end, and my goal is to get a top 10 again either this year in +45 or next year in +45 and +50, but that takes a lot of work, dedication, and luck to happen for me. I'm just happy to have this event to look forward to and strive to ride in each year that I decide to go after Loretta Lynns. The money side of it has gotten bigger over the years, but so has the prestige and amount of work that they put into the event.

There are mistakes made in advancement all the time, and it's nice to see that somebody like SlowOldGuy knows how things happen and tries to make them right.