2018 EROC MotoXCountry

Ron505

PR Founding Father
It's going to be a good one. Come introduce yourself if you're coming. I'll be in a little black RZR.

20180428_195605.jpg
20180428_195447.jpg
20180428_195656.jpg
20180428_193735.jpg

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Awesome day today, decent turn out. Course was fun, fast, rough but safe. Ended up winning my first class by 2min, was racing the 11:30 over 25 and was leadin first lap when i got sketchy and cracked a tree. RON505, was that you in the woods with me when i was crying like a bitch about my leg?

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Fun track! Wished for more motocross and a goggles station. Lol. Spent a little time at the van snapping in a new lens during my race. Still fun, thanks COCR, and thanks EROC. Can’t wait for round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I talked to a few club members and people who run eroc didn’t want any really big jumps. Hell i saw too many people rolling those downhill doubles/ rollers

nitrofish

PR Addict
The last time I was here I won this! 1989. First time back since. The boy still loves his motocrosss, I was hoping to convert Him to the woods deal but he loves the latter. He liked the course, wished for more track but enjoyed it! Good show. Thank you!

BB04DB4F-DBA0-420A-AE51-F58CA26CD519.jpeg

hershey

PR Elite
Well, the boy and I both brought home the Gold in our classes!!

Really enjoyed the layout, but please....more MX track!! My understanding of a Moto cross country was just that, a mix of BOTH MX and woods. It kind of evens out the playing field. If the idea is to bring MX guys in you are not going to do that with basically a 35 min GNCC. Read Matts review above. Just like anything, big jumps will be good for some but not others, same as the trees, some guys blaze through and others cant. The last 2 GP races I did at COCR included a large portion of the MX track in pieces and it was a perfect mix.

Overall we had an absolute blast!! Ron505 took the skid steer around the entire course and tilled it up, the woods sections were really fun with lots of elevations and turns. Really tight ship run by EROC, in and out of sign up in a hurry. Races were timely too. Cool factor.....RFID tags on the helmets for scoring, but even better for spectators and riders.....there was a digital sign at the scoring area that told you what place you were in and how far behind the leader you were as you pulled through!

Thanks for all the hard work, see you guys at the next round!

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Congrats to both of you!

Really enjoyed the layout, but please....more MX track!! My understanding of a Moto cross country was just that, a mix of BOTH MX and woods. It kind of evens out the playing field. If the idea is to bring MX guys in you are not going to do that with basically a 35 min GNCC. Read Matts review above. Just like anything, big jumps will be good for some but not others, same as the trees, some guys blaze through and others cant. The last 2 GP races I did at COCR included a large portion of the MX track in pieces and it was a perfect mix.

Duly noted.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Agreed, some of my favorite tracks last year were meadowlarks and WRMC. They were pretty close to 50/50 when it came to woods and moto. I understand the safe jumps thing, and I agree but table tops are perfect, forgiving doubles are fine. Some of the fun of this series is getting passed in the tree roots then going out and jumping the table to make the pass back. Still loved that course, my favorite woods course by far. Woods guys and moto guys just need to follow the unwritten rules of their discipline, hold your line over jumps, and get the hell out of the way when someone yells at you in the woods.

trent56mx

PR Addict
Had a fun time. Good to meet a couple more pitracers.

Been more than a few years since I rode any woods. Thought I'd be fine with just one session. After I rode the 11:30 though I realized I should have ridden the 9:45 also.

Of course I would have liked more jumps, I'm a moto guy. But the course had a nice flow and kept me interested. Battled with Hause for at least 20 minutes.

So yeah I do think I'll be racing more of these.

C Hudak

PR Addict
Brother and I had a great time, the track couldn’t have been any better, different yes. The best part of these races is the variety. I thought the woods where really good both layout and conditions. The moto track was good with the exception of the rain rut after the fast table top. I had a moment in that thing! Haha. Koda is very fast, enjoy reading about his weekends. Good to see everyone out at the track on a sunny day!

k01

PR Elite
The moto track was good with the exception of the rain rut after the fast table top. I had a moment in that thing!
I think that's actually a small drainage ditch. Easy to find and yes, you only do that once.
Great to be finished so early in the day. Plenty of time to hit the Fast Traxx GP. I even raced another MotoXCountry old guy again at the GP!

Last edited:

bf899

Noob
Nice job by everyone on Sunday that layout was super fun and flowed really good. Came away with a 2nd not bad for the first race of the year. Could have been better if C Hudak would slow down a little bit!! Haha

hershey

PR Elite
Oh and Koda Devore is a BEAST. 2x GNCC national champ (C and B) and getting some top 5’s in the A class this year at 16 years old. Lots of respect for that kid. Fast as hell.

Lol.....He came steaming by me in the 945 race half way through the first lap, mind you I went off in the B group. As he came by at warp 9 I was thinking to myself " Cherry picking in the C class in the off road world is every bit as bad as the MX world!!" Then next lap I came by him while he laid on the ground only to be blitzed by him again a short time later. It wasnt till I saw him line up in the next session that I realized he was an A rider LOL. Not sure why he started behind me in the first group though.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Yeah the Devore kid was stupid fast!
Lol.....He came steaming by me in the 945 race half way through the first lap, mind you I went off in the B group. As he came by at warp 9 I was thinking to myself " Cherry picking in the C class in the off road world is every bit as bad as the MX world!!" Then next lap I came by him while he laid on the ground only to be blitzed by him again a short time later. It wasnt till I saw him line up in the next session that I realized he was an A rider LOL. Not sure why he started behind me in the first group though.

He didn’t start behind you in the first group lol, him and another guy was lined up in the very front of everyone. It was money class, A, B, C..

hershey

PR Elite
Yeah the Devore kid was stupid fast!

He didn’t start behind you in the first group lol, him and another guy was lined up in the very front of everyone. It was money class, A, B, C..

Well, just not sure how he came by half a lap into the race.....Im slow but not that slow!!! LOL