Pitracer.com History

NQ1965

PR Elite
According to the good book of Genesis, it was one of those last minute ideas that God had on day 7.
Ramses brought it into language form with: "So Let it be Written, So Let it be Done!"

:D

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i'm still in touch with a lot of old disappeared users, and some im no longer in touch w/ but still see stuff on social media and such. crazy to think its been that long, neat to see where everyone ended up in life lol.

i dont think i got on here until probably 2000 or so. met so many good people from this place.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea 18 years I’ve been posting. What the crap.....

I joined November 3, 2001.

Back then there was a $10 membership fee. I bought it at the last race of the season at dirtworld. Under the Pitracer vendor booth.

9A8D85C7-E0C3-45A4-A70A-316DA37E11B9.png

Last edited:

Vet261

PR Addict
Who drives the white moto van with Pitracer logos all over it?

That's Chuck, the current owner. (NOT ME anymore). I do still have PitRacer.com sticker on my trailer though.

The pay subscription didn't happen until 2004.

Lots of good times. I still see stuff from Turtle on FB. He lives in Abu Dabai now I think, seriously. I went to a crazy party at his place at OSU once.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
It's funny, because it started out with just the group of buddies that rode together all the time from NE Ohio. We practiced and raced together every week through the summer and John Kreps decided to take his computer knowledge and start it up for a Fantasy MX / SX league. We had lots of fun and saw each other weekly for practice and almost every weekend for races. Our group got sucked into racing District 5 in Western PA to get better so we could qualify for Loretta Lynn's. The CRA tracks and riders were fun and had been where we all met, but when we ventured to the bigger races, we would get our butts kicked and couldn't qualify to go to Loretta Lynns, so we started riding over there to get better because they had some of the better riders around back then, and we got to be better riders / racers as time went by.

Ken Frankenberry was our ring leader / first hero of the group of guys as he finished 2nd at Loretta's a couple of times, but never ended up beating his nemesis and long time announcer, Larry Whitmer. But #2 in the country was pretty darn good, not too many people can say that. We trained and practiced at Ken's house at his private practice track in the woods that butted up to I-271, Ken would take every Wednesday off and work and water the track before we all got over there to ride. Ken gave up on MX after a couple of big injuries and took up Triathalons and other mountain and road biking events as he loved the training more than the racing by the time 2000 rolled around. Ken wasn't there to witness my championship run at Loretta's in 2000, and was bummed that my moto scores of 2-2-2 netted me the overall, when he had the same exact moto scores that left him in second a couple of years.

Our group of riding / racing buddies were always a fun group to hang with, lots of jokes, personal insults, and making fun of everything and anything between each other, but all of those guys would have done anything for anyone in the group. One year, we had about 7 or 8 of us all at Loretta's camping up at the top of stage coach hill, and we had so much fun for the week. Lots of laughs and lots of fun, this was before the golf cart brigade and when everyone rode Honda Z 50's around the pits. We were the "guys from Ohio" that everyone in D-5 knew because we were racing over there every week. We were spread throughout the Vet Classes, but we used to all ride one class together and have our DQ Challenge. We took our group and split them up after moto 1 scores in to 2 teams, Top finisher was paired with last finisher, and 2nd was with 2nd last............. and so on. The second moto total score for your team was against the other half of the group with the losing team having to buy Dairy Queen on the way home for the winning team. There was a week of bragging rights on the line every week, and boy did we try to improve our score in that second moto against our rival from the other team. But having to pay for DQ on the way home was a super bummer of an event as the other guy would get to rub it in all week until the next Sunday............ those were some of the best times we all had racing.

That's where this all started, John Kreps, put his computer skills to work to give us our own Fantasy MX / SX league back in 1998 between friends. It exploded from there!

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
I was talking with John prior to the re-launch as a pay site. I told him it might incentivize folks to join if he were to offer a prize to all paying members. The pitbike craze was in full swing and I had seen a china bike at the Indy dealer show that spring. It was marketed by SDG and was a three-valve 107cc engine if I remember correctly.

John ended up getting one and had a drawing for the bike. Can't recall who won it.

hershey

PR Elite
Cant remember when I first joined but it was before the $10 fee started. I cant imagine trying to race in Ohio without this site either.

Like Crute said, I have met so many awesome people from using PR its crazy.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Yea 18 years I’ve been posting. What the crap.....

I joined November 3, 2001.

Back then there was a $10 membership fee. I bought it at the last race of the season at dirtworld. Under the Pitracer vendor booth.

View attachment 58412

Georgie, I believe this date to be a generic date as something changed with the format around then. Mine also says Nov 3 of 01. We were before that I'm pretty sure.