Battle for Ohio round 1: Malvern

hershey

PR Elite
Was it me lol

Haha...nope.

I was parked caddy corner...

You put a very polite pass on me in the 50+ class...plenty of space, gave me lots of room. Good riding.

Isn't that the advantage of the later vet classes? Usually you can trust the other guys to ride safely....usually. I surprised myself, sat I wasn't feeling it at all but Sunday was a really good time! Good battles in my first three motos making passes but ran out of steam for number 4.

You were parked there and didn't even come over to say hi? Hmmm.....not good. Lol

nitrofish

PR Addict
We got to Malvern super early Saturday morning to get a good spot away from the riff raff. Ended up by some super shiny gear dude, I think he may have been a model from Troy Lee or something? He was a vet rider? Dog peed on my boys tire, lost traction at the gate because of it.

Team MMR

PR Addict
BOBBY AND THE WHOLE CREW KILLED IT!!!!!!!! I personally made sure to thank all the track workers i saw as many times as i could. Step back and reflect for a second. All that time they took to make the track primo for us on sunday.... That took alot of diesel fuel, not to mention they have to turn around and put all that dirt back on the track and regrade it all back out!!!! We are very lucky to have someone in charge of a track who is willing to do anything he has to make it raceable.

Only problem i had all weekend was that Jeff Pape guy taking me out in practice....Just kidding it was my fault. I dont agree with the womans class being out with VET practice ONLY FOR THIS INSTANCE. When its muddy they have a harder time controlling the bike in the mud and ruts and can throw someone off. But no excuses as a rider so i shoulda been more cautious and alert coming into the section but i panicked and dove inside while Mr Pape was about to blow past me and i jumped into his rut. While it seemed he had the upper hand bc i was laying on the ground and he was attempting to keep going something snagged his shifter, broke it, while putting him in neutral. Luckily MOTORSPORTS MD had a shifter and saved the day for both of us because i thought Jeff was gonna murder me ha ha.

Again, thank you to bobby and the crew for working their butts off and getting the track dialed in and running a smooth efficient program. I had talked to bobby about some planned track changes and it will make the track pretty awesome.

John250

PR Founding Father
I do have one complaint. They announced Sunday, that because the pit riding was out of control, for everyone to park their pit vehicles. My dad and i still rode ours to the line.

BC did the same thing at the qualifier on saturday.

Rather than trying to punish the people who ride slow and respectable around people, punish the offenders! Make an announcement prior to racing, and a few reminders throughout the day. No warnings, you violate the riding rules, your disqualified for the day, pack it up, no refunds, see ya. Trust me, this will be effective when dad has to pack up because jr is riding like an idiot in the pits, and go home with zero points, and no refunds, dad might start doing his job and policing his kid, or parking the pit vehicle.

Punish the offender. Zero tolerence. No refunds. Disqualification for the day. Problem is fixed. But why punish everyone?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I do have one complaint. They announced Sunday, that because the pit riding was out of control, for everyone to park their pit vehicles. My dad and i still rode ours to the line.

Rather than trying to punish the people who ride slow and respectable around people, punish the offenders! Make an announcement prior to racing, and a few reminders throughout the day. No warnings, you violate the riding rules, your disqualified for the day, pack it up, no refunds, see ya. Trust me, this will be effective when dad has to pack up because jr is riding like an idiot in the pits, and go home with zero points, and no refunds, dad might start doing his job and policing his kid, or parking the pit vehicle.

Punish the offender. Zero tolerence. No refunds. Disqualification for the day. Problem is fixed. But why punish everyone?
I agree with this. It wasn't bad over in the grass, but in the gravel I saw kids flying, mostly ones that werent racing. I also saw kids riding them the they are supposed to. So it didn't make sense to punish everyone.

We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the ones we have.

hershey

PR Elite
We got to Malvern super early Saturday morning to get a good spot away from the riff raff. Ended up by some super shiny gear dude, I think he may have been a model from Troy Lee or something? He was a vet rider? Dog peed on my boys tire, lost traction at the gate because of it.

Not only that, but in retaliation your wife cooked us 2 cheesburgers....the grease slowed us both down!

They did say you were allowed to ride to the line and back I believe. But Im in agreement, lack of enforcement causes the issues.

On a positive note.....Im still tired and sore from the awesome time I had racing this past weekend! Thanks again for all the hard work and dedication from Malvern MX!

531stonewall

PR Member
Track turned out great. good racing
Only complaint is the 30 sec girl (guy) was a retard after a red flag plus 25 and college boy restart. With a packed staging area we were forced to a quick restart. college started and not even 20 sec later he drops the second gate for 25. In between the quick 15 second drops myself my mechanic and a few other ppl waving hands to hold gate . Due To bike issue . Gate drops everyone goes .i sit . Does that dude even kno how to do his job ? On the restart thr was zero checking . After my last place roll around I went directly to the scoring stand . The lady’s were nice to point me to a AMA or oam “official” after speaking my mind he said if we can’t talk like adults , while pulling out his little rule book . Said they do not have to hold a gate after a redflag restart ! Who is writing these rules ? We just came off a dead 3 lap sprint with 60 ppl packed into staging ! And the card dude doesn’t even check and see if all riders are ready ? Complete joke and I told the dude that .

Let’s here your input pitracer locals !
Ps I went 3-3 for 3rd in 30
15 or 16 - 5 in 25 no idea what I finished

Just bullshit call by some dumbasses that can’t do there job .
This will ruffle some feathers but I garentee that “official” has never thrown a leg over a dirtbike . Prolly some quadtard rider

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Only complaint is the 30 sec girl (guy) was a retard after a red flag plus 25 and college boy restart. With a packed staging area we were forced to a quick restart. college started and not even 20 sec later he drops the second gate for 25. In between the quick 15 second drops myself my mechanic and a few other ppl waving hands to hold gate . Due To bike issue . Gate drops everyone goes .i sit . Does that dude even kno how to do his job ? On the restart thr was zero checking . After my last place roll around I went directly to the scoring stand . The lady’s were nice to point me to a AMA or oam “official” after speaking my mind he said if we can’t talk like adults , while pulling out his little rule book . Said they do not have to hold a gate after a redflag restart ! Who is writing these rules ? We just came off a dead 3 lap sprint with 60 ppl packed into staging ! And the card dude doesn’t even check and see if all riders are ready ? Complete joke and I told the dude that .

This will ruffle some feathers but I garentee that “official” has never thrown a leg over a dirtbike . Prolly some quadtard rider

That is the rule on restarts. Now did you complete 3 laps and it was red flagged?

BTW that official is a total quadbilly, got the skis out in every rutted straight on a dirt scooter.

hershey

PR Elite
They said at the riders meeting that you had to motion to them while 2 board was up. After board goes to 30 there would be no stopping the gate drop.

Thats what I heard too. There would be no 2 min board on the stagger start either.

What happened to the bike between starts? .... and the official ( if its who I remember they said it was at the meeting ) would be tough for you to keep up with Tyler !!

John250

PR Founding Father
Well, if you went 3 laps, there should have been no restart. That's a complete race.

The moto before 40 plus was red flagged. I told the guys on both sides of me, stay put the race is a complete race. Everyone backs out, the moto starts loading the gate again, I thought this is nuts, that's a complete race. I back out of my gate, only for them to pull them off the gate, it was complete.

hershey

PR Elite
Well, if you went 3 laps, there should have been no restart. That's a complete race.

The moto before 40 plus was red flagged. I told the guys on both sides of me, stay put the race is a complete race. Everyone backs out, the moto starts loading the gate again, I thought this is nuts, that's a complete race. I back out of my gate, only for them to pull them off the gate, it was complete.

I wondered the same thing on that one. Lol

Rules are rules man. And you swearing at me when I was trying to explain it to you wasn't going to help you in any way. I actually do ride I've been an AMA member for 18 years. Raced all over the country worked for outdoor national team, supercross teams, and arenacross teams. If you would have stood there and talked to me like a man instead of getting in my face a swearing I maybe could have explained the rule completely to you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
From AMA: A rider must be ready when called to the starting area. Two minutes are allowed after the starters call to make minor repairs for mechanical issues. The starter shall only allow a single delay period up to the two minute time limit per event. Once the starter has signaled to start the event no delays will be allowed, including on subsequent starts when staggered start is used.

From AMA: An event stopped by the referee before 60% of the race is completed by the race leader (rounded down to the nearest whole number of laps) the race will be re-started from the beginning. Riders may make minor repairs and adjustments at the starting area only. Any race start or restart will be considered an official part of the event. Therefore, any infraction will be deemed valid and ruled upon accordingly.

From my view: I think it use to be 50%, I can understand that confusion. Believe me, I was right there with our score ladies determining whether it was a restart or not and I am sure it is chaos at the gate when trying to back off a moto and restart it!

531 Stonewall: I understand that you feel it may have been too quick of a restart, and maybe we could have given everyone a minute or so to get their bearings INITIALLY, but you stated this: "In between the quick 15 second drops myself my mechanic and a few other ppl waving hands to hold gate . Due To bike issue ." That unfortunately does not warrant them to hold the gate. The holding up your hand rule does not apply to the staggered group.
Personally, I understand you are upset, the moment gets the best of you, BUT the track employee's and referee deserve respect. Calling someone a "retard" 2 days after the event makes you lose a lot of credibility and swearing and yelling at someone at the track will get you nowhere, except for DQ'd. The referee was trying to show you the rulebook, that is his job. Maybe next time take a deep breath and listen. There isn't a single referee that I know that "wants" to DQ someone because of their behavior, but be careful that your actions do not give them any other choice.
(I say all of this in my kind, sweet, motherly voice as advice, do not start calling me names or crap will hit the fan! LOL)