Sunday Creek MX... Talk to me about it.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I can't find much info on the place. Hell google maps even sent me to the wrong place when I searched it. They have the youth regional this weekend, but have nothing posted about anything as far as I can see.

How is parking? Anyone know gate fee's? Are they doing a Friday practice? Then do the gates even open for the weekend?

Meister

PR Founding Father
Take a freakin pit vehicle cuz if the starting gates in the same spot, it's a good walk down the hill n a hike back up.

Vet261

PR Addict
Sunday Creek used to be a staple in D-11 MX. They are also the location of the John Penton GNCC every year.

Jeff Russell runs it (long time GNCC racer and married into Coombs family). Doesn't seem like they really run any MX events anymore other than the every other year or so Youth Regional.

I don't remember parking being all that great, but they run a GNCC so they must have plenty of parking. Actually the GNCC was this past weekend...

MX099

PR Addict
No issues with parking, unless it rains. Then some areas become quicksand.
They manage to park around 1000 campers for the GNCC.

hershey

PR Elite
All I remember about it was the stair step down hill back in the mid 90's. Broke a shoulder, arm and finger. Knocked out cold, woke up to Russell asking me if I was ok. Ended my LL run in 250c.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Great track if you like parking on the side on a hill. Riding rock hard dirt with poor prep. Next to nothing within 20 miles.
Oh. I forgot I am being positive and nice now. Let me think of something good.....
ahhhh.....
Let me get back with you on that.

Wait. It’s in Ohio... that’s good... right?

Just pray it does not rain much

John250

PR Founding Father
Amazes me they give that track a regional. Definitely not regional worthy. But hey, when your married to Davy's sister, you get that regional pay day.

BC, East Fork, buckeye hills, chilitown, malvern.....all better choices for a youth regional.

MXracn746

PR Addict
I fell in a right hand turn back in the '90's there, and tweeked my left knee. Not really sure how that happened. Damn thing still hurts!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Take as much water as you can haul, last time I was there, they were using an old water truck to store power wash water, that gravity fed your 55 gallon drum. Parking is good to a point. Its about like high point, get there super early for a good spot. The track, well I will let you decide after the weekend.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
All I remember about it was the stair step down hill back in the mid 90's. Broke a shoulder, arm and finger. Knocked out cold, woke up to Russell asking me if I was ok. Ended my LL run in 250c.
I like the stair step downs....track wasn't too bad then.

hershey

PR Elite
I like the stair step downs....track wasn't too bad then.

It was the first non CRA track I had ever ridden on. I pulled in there and, as you could probably imagine, looked around and said to myself " WTF??" The track was huge, wide and lots of elevation. Big stuff. The prep was only plow and water it. No disc or knock down of any kind. The ruts were knee deep and a lot of them. Breaking bumps the size of most jumps I had seen prior. I had a really good time for the one complete practice and one lap prior to busting myself up! Lol...

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
That would not be a rumor. That would be fact.
At least half anyway...I think it is the Russell family farm.

It was the first non CRA track I had ever ridden on. I pulled in there and, as you could probably imagine, looked around and said to myself " WTF??" The track was huge, wide and lots of elevation. Big stuff. The prep was only plow and water it. No disc or knock down of any kind. The ruts were knee deep and a lot of them. Breaking bumps the size of most jumps I had seen prior. I had a really good time for the one complete practice and one lap prior to busting myself up! Lol...
yep I got the same experience on the clods, they chisel plowed with nothing else.....super gnarly.