VMD Roll Call

Alex186

PR Member
Who's going? Wish I could ride but have to work instead. This is the second year, land rover is building a obstacle course and we're allowed to build an actual mx track. Jason Hooper is running the Hare Scrambles. Trials, Inc is managing the Trials event. WERA with Road Racing. Pit Bikes, Swap Meets and Holeshot Challenges.. on my. Should be a hell of a weekend.

Don't have a bike.. no excuse. $1,000 plus Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, or the Swap Meet at the event and your set. National Championship recognized classes for bikes 1998 and older. And support classes on top of that.

Thursday: Gates open at 12pm for Competitors. (MX, HS, TR competitors use the Ross Rd gate).
Friday: Hare Scramble Racing, Road Racing, Pit Bike Racing
Saturday: Vintage Motocross, Road Racing, Flat Track, Pit Bike Racing, Holeshot Challenge, Racing Bike Show/Live Music
Sunday: Post Vintage Motocross, Road Racing, Trials
*Don't forget FREE Entry for support classes for Hare Scrambles and Motocross, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Pre-Registration end July 1st. http://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/page/vintage-racing-2018/

ZRW18116-X2.jpg

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Planning to be there with my dad and will be racing his 76 or 78 yz400. He was hoping to get his 78 yz125 done for me to race but as of now it’s looking like he has too many projects going on and not enough time.
Should be interesting and I can’t wait to get a rude awaking trying to race one of these things. All in fun though, I should probably test ride one before the event lol.

Alex186

PR Member
Planning to be there with my dad and will be racing his 76 or 78 yz400. He was hoping to get his 78 yz125 done for me to race but as of now it’s looking like he has too many projects going on and not enough time.
Should be interesting and I can’t wait to get a rude awaking trying to race one of these things. All in fun though, I should probably test ride one before the event lol.

VMD makes LL's look and feel like a day-care for kids on golf carts. Right now, pre-entry for the event is almost double from what we've seen in the past 5 years. So it should be a fun event.

Little advice... I went through the same mentality building my Emig replica. I wanted this perfect build and time to ride and test it. To be honest, the guys who (seem to) have the most fun, buy a bike for a couple of hundred dollars, use zip ties, duct tape, and wire to hold that bad boy together. Now don't get me wrong, their are some works of art there but don't feel you have to do that.

Make sure to bring a pit bike or golf cart... it's a must for this event.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
VMD makes LL's look and feel like a day-care for kids on golf carts. Right now, pre-entry for the event is almost double from what we've seen in the past 5 years. So it should be a fun event.

Little advice... I went through the same mentality building my Emig replica. I wanted this perfect build and time to ride and test it. To be honest, the guys who (seem to) have the most fun, buy a bike for a couple of hundred dollars, use zip ties, duct tape, and wire to hold that bad boy together. Now don't get me wrong, their are some works of art there but don't feel you have to do that.

Make sure to bring a pit bike or golf cart... it's a must for this event.
Yeah he bought the 125 as a basket case, not really trying to make it a show bike or anything, just get it running enough to race was the main goal. But time is a factor and we have back ups to race so no biggie.

I went last year and watched my dad race and was bummed I wasn’t out there spinning laps.
Definitely looking forward to it!
DF866BD7-0EC3-436F-9BE0-2275032474A5.jpeg

Last edited:

mooch

PR Elite
As usual, will be there all three days. 84 RM250 for Sunday and now have a Maico 400 for Saturday if the weather is good Sat (not gonna mud run the old bike). Eligible for 60+ this year, not sure if I'll do 50+ or 60+ ?

Is there a Grand Marshal this year...Marque Brand? Unlike previous years, haven't heard anything on that.

Alex186

PR Member
Is there a Grand Marshal this year...Marque Brand? Unlike previous years, haven't heard anything on that.

The Grand Marshall and Marque will be announced this week.

Don't forget the Racing Bike show on Saturday Night in the MotoArmory Hangar. There will be live music and cool bikes starting around 8pm, after the Holeshot Challenge. The Bike Show is Free and we have some cool prizes to give out. I want to develop this place to celebrate the racing motorcycles and the works of art (some of you guys/gals) make them. Can be anything related to racing.