VMD Roll Call

trent56mx

PR Addict
FB_IMG_1497496374443.jpg

I'll be there on my favorite loaner bike

Alex186

PR Member
AMA Vintage Grand Championship Important Information. Don't hate the messenger, hate Mid-Ohio for the gate times.

Gate Entry and Parking:
  • 12 PM on Thursday, July 5th is when the gates open for Racing Competitors. This is a special privilege for Racing Competitors as the gates will not open for Weekend Ticket holders until 5 PM on Thursday. Swap Meet Vendors will be permitted to enter the facility at 7 AM.
  • You will not be permitted to park on the street or stage early at the gates. Please plan accordingly.
  • Inform event staff at the gate of your racing discipline for parking instructions.
  • Competitors in Hare Scrambles, Motocross and Trials will enter ONLY through the off-road paddock using the Ross Road Entrance beginning at 12 PM, this gate is open overnight all weekend. Signage will be available to help direct you.
  • Road Racing Competitors will enter through the Mid-Ohio Gate 3 beginning at 12 PM. Signage will be available to help direct you.
  • AMA Staff will be assisting Racing Competitors at Gate 3 and the Ross Road entrance.
  • Only Racing competitors will be permitted to park and camp in the racing paddocks.
Registration and Tech Inspection:
  • Tech inspection for Competitors in Hare Scrambles, Motocross and Trials is mandatory PRIOR to registering to race. (Basically a 2-step process) AMA staff will provide a bike tag and tech card for registration. Riders with multiple motorcycles must bring each bike through tech inspection. An AMA membership card, payment method and motorcycle are required for registration.
  • Road Racing Competitors will Register and Tech in the Road Racing Tech Garage. Signage will be available to help direct you.
For supplemental rules, visit www.AMAVintageMotorcycleDays.com and select your discipline.

Vet261

PR Addict
Yeah....last year 12pm was listed too. I pulled in at 12:01pm and the place was half full and the people at the gate said they opened at 7am....

D

DTS

"Competitors in Hare Scrambles, Motocross and Trials will enter ONLY through the off-road paddock using the Ross Road Entrance beginning at 12 PM, this gate is open overnight all weekend."

Does this mean I can ignore the gate times on the VMD site and show before 8Am on Friday?

Friday and Saturday:
  • 8 a.m – 7 p.m. – Gates open for general admission

Alex186

PR Member
That's daily general admission tickets. The weekend (non-racing competitors) passes will allow you in starting at 5pm on Thursday. We will have AMA staff helping at the gates to get competitors through.

Also competitors are different. Make sure to let the gate worker know your a competitor and show your weekend pass (or whatever ticket you purchased) to gain access all weekend. The Ross Rd gate is solely a Hare Scrambles, Motocross and Trials competitor entrance. Keep in mind 25,000 people come through the gates, this is a benefit to miss that traffic at the Ross Rd entrance.

Also, AMA staff will attempt to help with the gates, however, that's Mid-Ohio's jurisdiction. So don't hate the messenger.

And yes Kreps it was a problem last year, for different reasons, this year it should be addressed.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Well that was a blast. I know the fun isn’t over, but I had to pack it in and head to work tonight.
I wasn’t sure what to expect riding this thing, and was a little nervous. First time ever on the bike was practice this morning and while it was a little wake up call that motocross bikes have come a long way, this thing still ripped hard as ever and impressed me quite a bit (just doesn’t slow down as good).
I may have caught the fever, I don’t think I’ve had that much fun racing in a very long time. Definitely looking forward to next years event and will be planning on spending the whole weekend there to fully enjoy it all.
42981ECF-2B79-43D0-A6A3-9BDB0884873A.jpeg

beenridin

PR Elite
C52832B0-AB21-4EA7-AC52-C4BDE528B6F2.jpeg
15E16268-A0C3-455C-AB26-BA162C241826.jpeg
What a blast! Holeshot challenge won by Darrin Durham.
Pit bike racing.. sanctioned and outlaw!!
200 hp street bike racing!
3 days of mx/trials and harescrambles.
3 trips for ice cream.
I lost my phone found my phone...watched a 5 alarm fire .
Sold stuff bought stuff. Hung out with Mike from South of the border. Went to a bike show saw the walk of death .
Filled up with 98 octane race gas got free swag . Stayed up late went to bed early got up late and slept in!
Whoa!! Mid Ohio -2018!!!
Oh and I ran 2 tanks of gas through the cub!!
Oh and I bought a 1978 Honda Hobbitt
For the kids!!!
And I heard Bob Marley live!!!

The bikes, the people, the weather all a 10 !

AMA-Mid-Ohio a big FAT ZERO !

For all the money that event generates they couldn't have one portacan or garbage can in the camping area south of the swap meet which was full of campers all weekend long. The few facilities that were about a 1/4 mile away were a mess also. Heard a gal who walked into then right out of the woman's facility say she would rather just go right out in the road then in the woman facility.

Really hate to bitch on a super cool event that I've been to since the start and I'm sorry for that.

Rough Scramble

NQ1965

PR Elite
Well that was a blast. I know the fun isn’t over, but I had to pack it in and head to work tonight.
I wasn’t sure what to expect riding this thing, and was a little nervous. First time ever on the bike was practice this morning and while it was a little wake up call that motocross bikes have come a long way, this thing still ripped hard as ever and impressed me quite a bit (just doesn’t slow down as good).
I may have caught the fever, I don’t think I’ve had that much fun racing in a very long time. Definitely looking forward to next years event and will be planning on spending the whole weekend there to fully enjoy it all. View attachment 58670

Bike looks like a 78 YZ400, correct?

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
Great weekend, Great time, Great racing.
Too much to post this morning, will try to give a good one this evening with pic's.

Mike

PR Addict

For all the money that event generates they couldn't have one portacan or garbage can in the camping area south of the swap meet which was full of campers all weekend long. The few facilities that were about a 1/4 mile away were a mess also. Heard a gal who walked into then right out of the woman's facility say she would rather just go right out in the road then in the woman facility.

Really hate to bitch on a super cool event that I've been to since the start and I'm sorry for that.

Rough Scramble

For sure.............RIGHT ON

And the sun was too bright, And no rain to keep the dust down, no wind to help with Easy Up sales, the swap meet was too big to find what you wanted, the RR bikes went too fast to watch, Ice cream shop ran out Sunday afternoon, must be more... sure hope the AMA fixes all this BS for next year.

BILL88L

PR Addict

Rough Scramble

Correct me if I am wrong but that area is for RV's or campers correct? I think the assumption is that those have bathrooms and certainly trash bags. I camp in the cheap area where the tents are and all of the items were very abundant. I had 4 trash cans within 50 feet of my site. I actually parked far too close to the port-a-potty.... My alarm each day was the door opening and slamming.

Rode like crap but that's what happens every year as I normally get there on Thursday afternoon...flat wore out by Sunday. 100% my fault for how I roll the days prior.

I did put my usual 60 miles on the pitbike and convert a family member to the addiction. First time there, bought an 81 RM125 on Saturday and raced it Sunday. Texted me last night and asked when the next time he could race it was.

My favorite gripe is when people complain about the track. Really? Log Road works their butt off and does an awesome job with a field.

Best weather and I think the best turnout since I started going in 08 or so. The place was packed and yes there were some issues with the restrooms as there are at ANY event where that is the case. Everyone involved deserves credit and not criticism for how great this event was.

Lotts24

PR Elite
We races flat track sat and had a blast. Sunday was my first time ever racing at the vintage event. Was hoping to run womens but my factory ride was not eligible for that class so i ran plus 40. Had a blast riding the yz250. Not sure how it was possible but i did get jumped on in the second moto. Still finished the moto and we had time to ride around and check things out. Hoping to make it a few more days next year and maybe find a womens legal ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILL88L

PR Addict
blast! Holeshot challenge won by Darrin Durham.

Actually they gave it to Brent Hahn(92 WR500) because he won the first of the 3. I guess they said they only let them keep going for all of us fans! He got a CC loaded with $200 and some swag. So cool to watch!

Mike

PR Addict
We races flat track sat and had a blast. Sunday was my first time ever racing at the vintage event. Was hoping to run womens but my factory ride was not eligible for that class so i ran plus 40. Had a blast riding the yz250. Not sure how it was possible but i did get jumped on in the second moto. Still finished the moto and we had time to ride around and check things out. Hoping to make it a few more days next year and maybe find a womens legal ride.

Come try a couple AHRMA regional races, low key fun, safe track layouts, Log Road July 22, Amherst Aug 11, no membership required to ride, cool swag to give away

Lotts24

PR Elite
Come try a couple AHRMA regional races, low key fun, safe track layouts, Log Road July 22, Amherst Aug 11, no membership required to ride, cool swag to give away

I wouldnt mind but i dont own a vintage mx bike. Borrowed on to try it out yesterday.

Zman

PR Addict
Had a great time in low pressure event hanging around lots of friends and pit bike riding until u didn’t want to.

Mitch made his last vintage appearance in the 80 classes...and defended his 12-17 youth 125 title from last year.

John Kreps built 3 killer Suzuki’s for Mitch but that 1991 RM80 can probably run with his 2018 race bike.

EC8E8EF9-B7A3-49D4-B7FC-5D337089B08C.jpeg

P/C credit AMA Racing
B02B34E0-69BD-46BA-80F5-78C14315A08C.jpeg

A628DEEF-C0C1-4688-B692-67E7968D6868.jpeg

P/C credit Jackilyn Mims Photography
05B2C186-8ED5-4EDC-9993-C5E05197BBAB.jpeg

mooch

PR Elite
Great weekend, Great time, Great racing.
Too much to post this morning, will try to give a good one this evening with pic's.

Mike, you rode really well in the 50+ class on Sunday! I was surprised to see that with 12 riders that there was about half the normal number of guys in the class...maybe the other half went to Red Bud? Seems the half of the 50+ that were there, were faster than me :) I considered riding the 60+ class this year, maybe next year? I even put a new piston/ring and clutch in the 250 this year, which probably wasn't necessary because as usual it was capable of going a lot faster than I can go :) Two straight years of great weather for post vintage Sunday!
RM250 1985.jpg