VMD Roll Call

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I see Brandon was racing the # 48 Suz in that class.........OMG!
I had to go back and watch that few times - wow

JB19

PR Member
View attachment 58779 View attachment 58780
I had a really fun weekend. Ran a tank of gas through the TTR on Friday and Saturday. Friday Pit Bike Race on the infield was a good time. Not a fan of waiting to water until we're sitting there waiting for practice to start, on a mostly grass track. But at least most of my friends watching got to laugh at me sliding down a straightaway 3rd gear wide open on my left side. My fault, I was riding mellow but somebody slower was in the main line, so I grabbed a gear to go around, oops. Forgot all about that quickly though. Had a battle with my buddy Rick in the heat race and was laughing going down the back straightaway looking back and shaking my fist at him. Ended up 3rd in the main. Scab on my left forearm should be gone by next week haha.

Saturday went by quickly. Watched some of the Vintage bikes on the Moto track. Played around in the hill climb area back in the woods. Rode around the swap meet. Had to finish off the night with some Renegade barrel racing of course.

Stayed at my parents house Friday and Saturday night so at least I was able to get some sleep unlike some of my friends at the campgrounds.

Sunday was awesome of course because it was race day. Track was nice, flowed well and the program ran smoothly. Finished 2nd in 30 and 40 non current. Bike felt good, I felt good, had good starts, rode as hard as I could, no excuses. Last race of the day was a time warp with my friend JB19. Both on 96 CR 250s. He stayed on my tail the whole Moto. It was like mid 90's Kenworthys all over again. Except sometimes the order was reversed.

Weekend went by way too fast as I laughed the whole time being around my local townie idiots and all my MX buddies from everywhere. Next year I need to take off Thursday and be there also.

Big time fun racing on Sunday. Man, mid 90's Honda's are such badass bikes. I've been having a blast riding my 96 CR250 lately. I wish I would have had my GoPro on for that last moto. The sounds of our bikes alone coming out of the turns was priceless.