Tim Bocca of Youngstown MX takes candy from baby

I get it now. Maybe I should have looked up your sight first, it’s a pro practice track. My apologies. What is OIR?

I agree with nitro.... sessions would increase your overall turnout and $. It's a capitalistic economy though. You're obviously doing well and it's working. I've not made a trip out simply because I won't ride if my son can't also. We did OIR and I sent my son out on a 65. He too is slower on it. I would rather have had him ride his 50 but the mini session was 85/65. You had 3 groups of big bike and 1 mini. Why not go with 2 big bike, a 85/ slower big bike and a 50/65? Its tough woth kids that are bored/ too fast with the mini track and not having sessions at most tracks. Just a question for you.

That’s a good idea but would suck for the fast mini kids though. I think we are gonna build another track out there and layout a beginner pee wee track in the grass. Give us a little more time. We will get things dialed at OIR.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

That’s a good idea but would suck for the fast mini kids though. I think we are gonna build another track out there and layout a beginner pee wee track in the grass. Give us a little more time. We will get things dialed at OIR.

I had a GREAT time at OIR!!! I'm not really complaining about the 50, we are in a position where he needs to learn the 65 now. There were only a few of the little guys at OIR that day any how. I get not having sessions for the little guys with the turnout you have, but it's that way because most everyone know a the scoop.....except your buddy Billy!!! It makes more sense why you had the attitude now!!! Lmao

Serious about what?

ImageUploadedByPitRacer1530839117.941131.jpg

Does OIR have sessions or is it for just fast peeps. I was posting as he posted, now I see the session layout, we have always loved OIR, sad it is out for racing!

Does OIR have sessions or is it for just fast peeps. I was posting as he posted, now I see the session layout, we have always loved OIR, sad it is out for racing!

It's super rough and rutted. Layout flows great and the jumps are fun. Check it out for sure.

When I was little....

The lifeguard wouldn't let me jump off the diving board until I could swim to the ladder. I couldn't ride the Beast at Kings Island until I was tall enough. The state wouldn't let me drive until I was 16. The big kids wouldn't let me play football with them. And when I was 14 the college girls ignored me although that is not what I wanted - well most of them but that is a different story.

Now I am old and slow. If a track owner is responsible enough to notice, find and tell me it is not safe for me or safe for others because I am too slow, I would be appreciative and find a different place to ride until I was fast enough or would find a track that had sessions that matched my skills.

I guess I see this as situation as a responsible business watching out for everyone's safety.

Look at the alternative. If your child had been injured because it was not safe for him to be on a track, ...... fussing about the track is a whole lot better than fussing about his doctors.

Rarely do I post but.... we were in the same boat last year, my son is a pretty good rider and I was bummed when I asked Youngstown first if they allowed 50s and he basically said no. We now go this year on 65s as much as possible and I actually enjoy the fact that there are no little bikes to get tangled up with and it’s a great place to ride. I’ve been on both sides of the fence with this but Youngstown is an easy track to get landed on if you’re not hitting all the jumps. I may have been butthurt about it last year but riding there this year makes me see it was the right call. I think everyone needs to accept the fact that it’s geared towards a faster /more mature group of riders and either show up if you fit or find another track. Maybe posting that would help too.

we were at Youngstown the 4th and my son landed on a young child, that had NO business being on the track . I even told his dad prior to him going out that he was crazy for letting him go out with the big bikes being that he had only been out on a track twice. he had no chest protection , no neck brace. needless to say the kid was lucky he didn't get killed! AND I'm THANKFUL my son didn't get seriously hurt either. My son also felt terrible that he landed on him and said I didn't see him and when I did it was to late. ( bike repair sucked but that's part of it) .

Cant blame Youngstown , but I do think the parent made a big mistake by letting him go out. I think its ok to tell "Johnny" sorry buddy its not safe here , we will live to ride another day somewhere else!!!!

I’ve never understood anyone complaining about sessions. I’ve seen nobody locally riding hard for more than 10 minutes unless you count sitting at the side of the track bs’n. Plus most people on big bikes started young on a mini I would think could relate.How hard would it be to do just 2 groups big bikes with fast minis (except 50’s )then the rest of the minis 85 and under? Even give the big bikes a 20 minute session and minis 15? Just food for thought they are future customers. I do understand it’s not worth it if there’s only 2 or 3 though as well.

Last edited:
I’ve never understood anyone complaining about sessions. I’ve seen nobody locally riding hard for more than 10 minutes unless you count sitting at the side of the track bs’n. Plus most people on big bikes started young on a mini I would think could relate.How hard would it be to do just 2 groups big bikes with fast minis (except 50’s )then the rest of the minis 85 and under? Even give the big bikes a 20 minute session and minis 15? Just food for thought they are future customers. I do understand it’s not worth it if there’s only 2 or 3 though as well.

Although for sure needed sometimes, I’m not a fan of split practice. If I wanted to be told when to ride and when not to ride I would start racing again... but again, a lot times it’s just safer for all for sessions given the amount of riders calls for it

Parent of Candy from a baby.

A little bit of honesty with your self will do your son a whole lot of good in life.

Stop acting like a victim…and take some responsibility. Thank goodness the track owner did.

For your information he asked several riders, we all agreed your child was going to get hurt.

There are places for beginners look them up. I have a son that rides 85s he is not allowed to ride YMX.

Stop ripping the people who support the sport for your own Sanctimony.

I’ve ridden Youngstown once and can completely understand the safety concern. Pretty sure there’s 4 blind landings out there. I went down on the first table in the middle and my bike was directly on the downside. Another rider stopped at the top of the hill to flag. Scary situation for anybody either recovering your bike or next dude over the jump. It’s a track we like but def not one I would go to when not feeling 100%, and I’ll wave my kid off when some the dudes get cooking.

Back