Loretta Lynn roster posted (hookup lottery added)

bruceb

PR Addict
I'm with CK1 on the Brown beats Renner bandwagon. Brown might be OLDER, but he was a Professional National MX Champion in his professional career.
I believe Tortelli was a 2X world champion and beat the european version of the GOAT (everts) along the way. Renner was one of the future stars that got derailed (dumped by Yamaha like dirty laundry) after he broke his wrist (or 2) in 2005 heading into Loretta's.

bruceb

PR Addict
;)
I've got a great "camping spot" this year.

GaylordOpryland-exterior-header_1024x576.jpg
Did the Days Inn (Buffalo/Hurricane Mills) finally get the long overdue remodel?

bruceb

PR Addict
The former pros down there last year all said............. I've got nothing for Brown out there, and they knew it plain as day.
Which former pro are we referring to: Vonlinger, Cordevoz, Stryker, or Horton since they were 2nd thru 5th in 25 plus last year. And for the record, I think Renner can beat any of those four, also.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Sea bass Tortellini showed up fat and had not rode much. Got smoked.
Brown is ALWAYS in shape and will have a 15 second lead by halfway. After that Brownie will be doing origami with his crossbar pad just for the challenge.

bruceb

PR Addict
Brown is ALWAYS in shape and will have a 15 second lead by halfway. After that Brownie will be doing origami with his crossbar pad just for the challenge.
Brown's only hope is that Ricky runs his cheater 125 again and gets protested; oh wait this is an age class, the big bore is legal....so much for Brown's chances.

bruceb

PR Addict
Brown is ALWAYS in shape and will have a 15 second lead by halfway.

Not wanting to beat a dead horse, but what else can you do with a dead horse? Brown couldn't even pull a 15 second lead over Luke VonLinger (2nd overall via 5-2-2 motos) last year. BTW, I know Luke, he is no Ricky Renner.
bruce
In case you are interested, Ricky won his motos (in 2015) by over 50 seconds, over 5 seconds, and over 30 seconds. But since you impress me as a "what have you done lately", not a "this is how it was 20 yrs ago" kind of guy, Ricky had European committments in 2017, winning some obscure title (Sweden or somewhere), and in 2016 he decided to qualify for an AMA pro national, and therefore, could not compete in 25 plus at the ranch. If you want to know how the national went, ask Ty Bowers since he finished behind Ricky at Southwick.

Last edited:

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Which former pro are we referring to: Vonlinger, Cordevoz, Stryker, or Horton since they were 2nd thru 5th in 25 plus last year. And for the record, I think Renner can beat any of those four, also.

Well since you asked, I was referring to the guys he was racing in the +40 more, Nathan Ramsey (not an unknown nobody), Barry Carsten, Buddy Antunez, James Evans, Lance Smail, and John Grewe.......... which all in all have a pretty decent resume between them (better than those +25 guys who if they were good enough would still be racing professionally)........... and let's not forget that Nathan Ramsey was also in the +25 with a good moto in there too, where he finished second before a terrible 2nd Moto with crashes. I'm not saying that Renner isn't a good race for Brown, but Brown is "other level" type racer that very few in the world EVER reach, and he's still riding / racing for a living. I hope it's entertaining racing, but Brown has my vote for the overall.

Brown is my pick to win +25 and +40 no matter who else shows up this year except for RC if he decided to race again. But in RC's current shape, he wouldn't run away with it, he'd actually train again to beat Brown! RC wouldn't want to lose his GOAT status by losing to Brown at Loretta's!!!

bruceb

PR Addict
Since Ricky decided to do a few supercrosses and outdoor nationals in 2016, he was ineligible for the 25 plus class in 2016 and 2017, so we have to look at his 2014 and 2015 results: I'll choose 2014 (and just for the record, Ricky has not lost any speed over the last few years). Let's see if there were any former pros out there that year:
Robbie Reynard: Down 22 seconds by lap three, by that time Ricky could have been doing origami with his crossbar pad but chose to keep pounding laps and winning by almost a minute, Moto 2 and 3 were even worse for RR, but James Polvolny jr. stepped it up for moto 2, and it took Ricky 6 laps to have the 15+ second lead. James Evans was also in the class and went 5-7-8 for 5th overall.
Mike Brown was one of the fastest in the world on a 125 twenty plus years ago. You are not as fast at 46 as you are at 25. A 25 year old Ricky Renner would not even be in the same zip code as a 25 year old Mike Brown, but a 29 year old Ricky Renner is faster than a 46 yr old Mike Brown.

Last edited:

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
This debate makes the +25 class worth watching for the week. I see both sides of the argument, and hope it makes for great racing. I like a battle for the lead more than a blowout as I am sure almost all spectators do, so let's hope this makes for great racing next week!

I will say that Robbie Reynard is a fast former pro vet, but by his own admission, he has a hard time with the long motos due to his hands going to sleep on him and he can't feel the bars. According to Robbie himself, It's worse with a 450 than on a 125, so he chose to ride the 125 last time at the ranch, but when Renner was there, he was on a 450 which made for less than perfect results for Reynard with sleepy hands. As far as I know and have heard, Brown doesn't have any riding ailments that hamper his speed, and I thought he was managing the races from the front of the pack last year not pushing for maximum leads but comfortable gaps to maintain his wins, because whether he wins by 10 seconds or 60 seconds, it's still a win.

The racing will play out, and someone will get to say I told you so in another week. I hope we both are right and they trade moto wins and have a winner take all Moto 3 for everyone to watch!!!!!

bruceb

PR Addict
This debate makes the +25 class worth watching for the week. I see both sides of the argument, and hope it makes for great racing. I like a battle for the lead more than a blowout as I am sure almost all spectators do, so let's hope this makes for great racing next week!
That we can agree on. Nothing would make me happier than seeing them exit turn 2 in first and second position and going at it for 20 minutes.
bruce

bruceb

PR Addict
I think you can set your goals a little higher, last year Brown lapped up to 31-22-29; Renner in 2015 lapped up to 15-15-17. From what i saw at Red Bud (at least moto 1 and 2), I think you have top 10 speed (and I mean that as a compliment). For those that have not seen the 25 plus class at Loretta's, they are fast.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I definitely have some higher goals I’d like to click off during the week. Main thing I’m racing is myself and the track and wherever I end up will surely be my best.

I should be there in a couple more hours, 1st goal is finding a decent parking spot.