Loretta Lynn roster posted (hookup lottery added)

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The local crew got their last ride/ work-out/ training in at Beans yesterday.

BJ had the track on point & exactly what LL hopefuls were looking for. They went out early and had it deep, rough, tough and challenging.

Everyone came away feeling strong and confident – a good day -!

The lists are being made as everyone’s getting ready to start the task of loading the rigs, the trailers and coolers.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Getting everything packed up tonight and tomorrow.
I see you've found the Vital MX post on LL prep.
It's a great resource.

Not to be broken record (but I find this conversation to be more enjoyable than promoter / track bashing) .....Take water shoes for everyone -!
Take extra shoes - for everyone. If you get rain --(If,) - Hahahah ....when you get rain, your shoes will be toast for next few day until they dry out. Socks too -!

Watch out for the Big SHARP Rocks in the creek. Most of the creek is friendly. But just when you think you know the hot line (through the water) one of those F'cker's comes out of nowhere and rips your foot/leg open. Move slowly through the creek....

Drink water - ! I know - broken record, ....but do it. Always have water near by.
By Thursday you'll know what I'm getting at.

I'ts a marathon - a moto marathon. Moto .....from 7:30 till almost dark - Everyday
Getting through the week without being completely exhausted has taken our crew a few trips to figure out. Pace yourself, but don't miss out on anything - So much cool stuff going on.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Blain Armbruster and Landon pulled in yesterday and were getting set up. Looked like he was the first one on the property!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
The lack of Ponca City has made getting to Loretta's and getting a spot more of a chore than ever before. It used to be that you could show up Friday night or Saturday morning and get a good spot, not anymore!!!! I love Stage Coach Hill the best if you have a pitbike or golf cart to get back and forth. Up there you can get away from the racing and relax for a while when you want to, and stay dry when the rain comes!!!!

bruceb

PR Addict
Thanks Bruce - !
Who is your pick for this year?
In the pro class(es) Mithchel Falk (although I will be cheering for Hammaker and Renner.
In the 25+ class, as I stated previously, I think Renner will beat Brown and my dark horse will be James Roberts (he sure impressed me at Red bud)
Pierce Brown in schoolboy 2 and 250B (I think he has a chance to take both classes)
65cc 7-11 will be a good class to watch, Kade Johnson, Drew Adams, and Luke Fauser went 1-2-3 last year in 65cc 7-9, and all three are previous Loretta Lynn champions. I see no reason to think they won't be the podium again this year, just with the order being Fauser, Johnson, and Adams this year. Fauser and Johnson will also be in the 65 cc 10-11 ltd class. Adams is still in the 65cc 7-9 class and has to be a favorite.
At the other end of the age scale, John Grewe should bring home another title.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
The lack of Ponca City has made getting to Loretta's and getting a spot more of a chore than ever before. It used to be that you could show up Friday night or Saturday morning and get a good spot, not anymore!!!! I love Stage Coach Hill the best if you have a pitbike or golf cart to get back and forth. Up there you can get away from the racing and relax for a while when you want to, and stay dry when the rain comes!!!!
Never thought of that but your dead on. The caravan from Ponca would arrive pretty much all at once. Beat them there and you had your pick of the property.
I was never one to show up early, ever, for anything. We would get there about 15min before signup started and still get a pretty good spot. But that was long before the "mine is bigger than yours" RV competition. Now people need a 50foot bus and a 24 foot trailer for a kid in the PW class.
As much as I do not like many of the things MX Sports does, they have this event down to a science. While the sport may have outgrown the facility and of course there are better places to have the national, I hope it never moves. But come on, put in more hookups.
Oh, and Bruce, No way Renner beats Brown. Bet you a cold PBR on that.

bruceb

PR Addict
Oh, and Bruce, No way Renner beats Brown. Bet you a cold PBR on that.
I'll take that bet. After all, I heard the same thing in 2014 re: Robbie Reynard and 2015 re: Sebastian Tortelli.
You can pay up at the finish line after moto 3, look for the fat guy laughing (and celebrating) with Leah and Ricky.

Last edited:

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I'm with CK1 on the Brown beats Renner bandwagon. Brown might be OLDER, but he was a Professional National MX Champion in his professional career. The guys that have that kind of speed are a different level than everyone else........... EVER. The only guys that could beat Brown straight up at Loretta's are other National Pro MX winners barring a mechanical or pile up. Brown had an easy time last year against the young guys and never had to push it, plus he is still riding for a living as a Factory Husky rider. Renner gets second in my book. The former pros down there last year all said............. I've got nothing for Brown out there, and they knew it plain as day.