CTMX Combining Classes

John250

PR Founding Father
I am all for combining classes to help get through the 24 motos. But who in the world thought it was a good idea to put girls 12-16 with Schoolboy 1 and women 12+ with Schoolboy 2? Even in a short 4 lap race, these kids were coming back up lapping the girls. I would love to see the lap times of the girls 12-16 vs the lap times of the schoolboy 1 riders.

These kids riding school boy are shittin and gettin….These classes are crazy fast. We would not put C riders in with the A class, so why in the heck would you ever put girls and women in with the schoolboy kids at a big race? maybe if its a local with 5 or 6 kids you can get away with it.

These girls also are getting screwed, they are getting a 3 lap moto every moto. It honestly would be safer for them and others, if they ran them with 65 open, or 85 open. But the do not belong on the track with Schoolboy riders.

Is there are place where the lap times are available to compare them to the classes I suggested putting them in?

Vargo671

PR Addict
I am all for combining classes to help get through the 24 motos. But who in the world thought it was a good idea to put girls 12-16 with Schoolboy 1 and women 12+ with Schoolboy 2? Even in a short 4 lap race, these kids were coming back up lapping the girls. I would love to see the lap times of the girls 12-16 vs the lap times of the schoolboy 1 riders.

These kids riding school boy are shittin and gettin….These classes are crazy fast. We would not put C riders in with the A class, so why in the heck would you ever put girls and women in with the schoolboy kids at a big race? maybe if its a local with 5 or 6 kids you can get away with it.

These girls also are getting screwed, they are getting a 3 lap moto every moto. It honestly would be safer for them and others, if they ran them with 65 open, or 85 open. But the do not belong on the track with Schoolboy riders.

Is there are place where the lap times are available to compare them to the classes I suggested putting them in?

Did you discuss this with the track promoters? That seems like a logical question.

John250

PR Founding Father
Did you discuss this with the track promoters? That seems like a logical question.
Nope. Done doing that......They seem to know better than us. But watching my son and others racing through them was crazy. Looked like when my son lapped them, they saw him coming and moved over a little bit. But literally over the finish line at the checkered, I saw a kid jump in between two girls over the finish line, and landed right in between them. I really thought he was taking one or both of them out.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father

Brrraaaapppp- !

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict

We appreciate your concern John but these classes practiced together and we let them pick which group they wanted to go out in. The bike specifications are the same and age groups over lap.

I have looked at the lap times and your boys best time in moto 1 in Schoolboy 1 was a 1:59. The slowest Schoolboy 1 riders were turning 2:40 or slower. The Girls 11-16 was staggered with the Schoolboy 1 class and in the same moto the girls best laps were 2:31-2:42. I'd say that's on par with some of the slowest in the Schoolboy 1 class.

Do you propose that because they are girls they shouldn't ride in the back of the pack with the boys? Or should we tell the slower Schoolboy 1 riders they have to ride in the 85 or 65 class?

Fact is you aren't going to have a full field of riders that can stay within 5-10 seconds a lap of each other unless you go to a national.

Same goes for the 250C class. Your rider was up front with a 1:56 lap time and some of the slowest were riding 2:25 or slower.

Aren't transponders awesome!?

John250

PR Founding Father
You can argue lap times all day. And the slowest A riders were running lap times comparable to my son in schoolboy 1 and 250c, but you would never ever run c with A. The fastest mini and 65s were under 2 min also.

If you watched the motos, you would see the skill set of those girls was NO WHERE close to those kids in schoolboy 1. Most of the field lapped them. And they dont belong out there with them. That's my opinion as a safety issue. And if I were a woman or a girl I would want my 4 laps, not 3!

Aren't transponders great!!