CTMX Combining Classes

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
You can argue lap times all day. And the slowest A riders were running lap times comparable to my son in schoolboy 1 and 250c, but you would never ever run c with A. The fastest mini and 65s were under 2 min also.

If you watched the motos, you would see the skill set of those girls was NO WHERE close to those kids in schoolboy 1. Most of the field lapped them. And they dont belong out there with them. That's my opinion as a safety issue. And if I were a woman or a girl I would want my 4 laps, not 3!

Aren't transponders great!!
So are you saying skill level is judged by how well the rider jumps? I watched the motos and I've seen the lap times. Speed is speed regardless of whether they are jumping big or not. Not one of those girls came up complaining that they were in a dangerous class. No one complained when they were out there Saturday practicing in even faster groups. No one complained in Sunday morning practice and lastly no one complained about it in the riders meeting when safety issues need to be discussed.

nitrofish

PR Addict
So in your opinion who would you have combined with? If we run all the classes separately we don't have enough time in a day to complete a nearly 700 rider race.

We accept criticism but not without your version of a solution.
No idea? I’m not a class list put together person, Wouldn’t want to be either.

Nickclay17

PR Member
On saturday for the 50cc Oil Inj/Shaft class, which was a double gate drop (one for OI one for shaft) some of the PW50 dads realized in staging that they signed their rider up for the wrong class and that they were going to be racing the KTM minis instead of the PW50s. At least three people, maybe more, wanted to changes classes when they were in staging and it appeared that the staff accommodated their request so hats off to the CTMX staff for their efforts. I don't think many tracks would have been so nice.

hershey

PR Elite
7 in one and 8 in the other.....id say one gate drop. Problem solved. Most of the girls get 4 laps and the others are spread out before getting lapped.

Combined classes are fine by me. I'd rather start with full gates personally. The start is one of the funniest parts of racing.

John250

PR Founding Father
7 in one and 8 in the other.....id say one gate drop. Problem solved. Most of the girls get 4 laps and the others are spread out before getting lapped.

Combined classes are fine by me. I'd rather start with full gates personally. The start is one of the funniest parts of racing.
Can not disagree with Hershey. 1 gate drop might keep them from getting lapped. Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. those girls were jumping nothing. I guess I have my opinion, you have yours. its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. But hey, you made your money off those ladies getting 3 laps. They should be the ones pissed off really. My son was fine, but they honestly did not belong out there.

I also agree with Chris. Way too many damn classes. Get rid off all the add on BS classes.

stumpy823

PR Member
I agree not so many classes so no more C class 125 B/C if you ride a 250 or bigger should ride B class
And how many mini classes we need no more of the 50 extra 65 extra 85 extra. I ride 30 plus and 40 plus mean while I have 15 years on some of these guys but oh well that's what is available love chillitown facilities, track is not as good as first year. Will always support because I think you guys put in most effort of any around. Closest track got home the latest I have all year and last motos at 5:30-6 was dangerous with sun and ruts. Just my 2 cents thanks for the effort

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Honestly, what is needed is two class sets. National (Qualifiers-AMA Major events-Regionals), and Local (weekend races, state championships, etc). If someone at the AMA is reading this, please text me and let me know how this can be accomplished through AMA congress or whatever route it needs to go. Proposal? Submitted where and when? Thanks.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I agree not so many classes so no more C class 125 B/C if you ride a 250 or bigger should ride B class

Chilli - Open C = 32 riders / Open B = 24 riders 32+24 = 56 Total
Chilli - 250 C = 41 riders / 250 B = 24 riders 41+24 = 65 Total

How's that going to work?

Plus you have SB -1 = 21 riders & SB-2 = 9 more

Double D

PR Founding Father
Mini's are tough, also a money maker. Nick was running 3 classes 65's and 85's.

They all grow at different paces, evolve into racers at different rates. JUmp no jump......whatever.
If you dont have your kids in at least two classes they will kill themselves in the pits with pogo sticks and scooters. I am glad we are on 85,s now. that is for sure.

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict

We were doing holeshot awards for all the Sunday classes or it would have been one gate drop. We staggered them in order to make it easier to tell who got the holeshot.

Did you discuss this with the track promoters? That seems like a logical question.
Yes, my daughter was out with schoolboy and one of them took her out on purpose, which ruined her chances of 1st in the buckeye series, we talk to the guy running it and he was mad but never did anything about it! I have video proof of the incident. Women should NEVER be out with schoolboy. It's so unfair!!

hershey

PR Elite
Yes, my daughter was out with schoolboy and one of them took her out on purpose, which ruined her chances of 1st in the buckeye series, we talk to the guy running it and he was mad but never did anything about it! I have video proof of the incident. Women should NEVER be out with schoolboy. It's so unfair!!

Wow, what was the beef with that rider taking out your daughter? Thats not right at all.

I dont agree with you about women and school boy though. Life isnt fair and we all ride with classes we dont like sometimes. You cant say that because one rider was an idiot that the entire class is dangerous.