Thanksgiving Brappness

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Anyone heading out to do some riding during the Thanksgiving break?
Shout out your plans:

I'd like to hit Silver Valley in NC.
Never been and remember seeing a drone vid of the place and it looks really nice.
Do they only run open ride on Saturdays ?
Any other info on the place that should be known?

Any other Moto Mecca's around that area that deserve a look?

Shout out your plans:

Never been and remember seeing a drone vid of the place and it looks really nice.

Hit up mx421, East bend, center road. If you mtb take your bike as there are a bunch of trails in the area too.
The days inn in yadkinsville is nice and clean.

I will be in the Charlotte, NC area for Thanksgiving and plan on riding somewhere. Hopefully Silver Valley MX is open, fun there! Club MX is open a lot too and is a good track!

I will be in the Charlotte, NC area for Thanksgiving and plan on riding somewhere. Hopefully Silver Valley MX is open, fun there! Club MX is open a lot too and is a good track!
I think we've been to 421 - right? and NCMP?

Cool - keep me in the loop - I'll do the same
Club MX got anything over the weekend like open ride?

Shout out your plans:

I have been to silver valley mx several times the track has great flow and avearge lap times for A/B riders is right around 2:08. The track has huge jumps but is very safe, the track is not far from Joe Gibbs facility so you see a few of his riders show up occasionally

F99CB843-7C43-45CD-B881-04DD9109CD9A.jpeg

Brrrraaappp- buurrp- buuurrp-braaaawaaaaappp-!

Like Jeff Said - that's one of the tracks they use for Training.
I counted 5 tracks total.
Top pic with the giant sand hills - is the front part of the outdoor track - its sic.
Second pic is the tight front SX track.
There's a second "lower" but bigger SX tack too.
There's a gnarly sand track in the back and what looks to be the remains of an old outdoor track.
To me, it looks like they combine some of the back track elements in with the front.

On Friday I rode on the "new" open practice track that is currently under construction.
The entire area that had the old one got washed out by the hurricane.
They were leveling it while I was there and the plan is to build two new SX tracks in that area.
The new open practice track is on a new piece of property that was recently purchased.

From the camping/ sign-up / parking it's a 1/4 mile down the Pine Tree lined drive to get there.
The track is on the top of a big hill / mound and winds up & down it several times.
A very firm sand type dirt with ZERO rocks.
It's pretty fast - very choppy - Super wide and very GP - ish.
Think big sweeping off camber turns with long exit runs that make you shift as you're ascending or descending the hills.
Right now, it has only three jumps - All bulldozer made.
Two, single -to - tables & one monster table.
They're all in a row on the bottom section of track.
First two, no problem. The big table - ? Nah'

I spoke with Ben - the guy that's in charge of the open practice part of Club MX.
He came around asking for opinion.
He'd like to keep this track different from the others by not putting a bunch heavy bulldozer work in to it.
I agreed - it was great fun just the way it was and certainly something unique and enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back