A Day in The Dirt- Ohio 2019

Lotts24

PR Elite
This event had been on my list of things i want to attend. Def want to drive out and ride my own bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ok so we make a little Pitracer caravan.

Smith’s rig
Baker family rig
And....who else......

Really I would rather do a 2-3 week trip like that hitting tracks in California than chase qualifier and regionals.....

John250

PR Founding Father
Do the Vet national at Gen Helen and then hang around until DITD.
Friend of mine did the Vet National this year. Flew out rented a bike. Raced a brand new 2019 Yamaha YZ 450. Seems to me with the distance and expense, that would be the way to go. Yeah renting a bike is expensive, so is 4 days of driving and diesel fuel out and back.

Lotts24

PR Elite
Friend of mine did the Vet National this year. Flew out rented a bike. Raced a brand new 2019 Yamaha YZ 450. Seems to me with the distance and expense, that would be the way to go. Yeah renting a bike is expensive, so is 4 days of driving and diesel fuel out and back.

I still think it would be cheaper for us to drive. Need 2 rental bikes 4 plane tickets cause we cant go to a track and leaves the dogs homes plus hotel expense. In all the trips we have taken half the fun is the travel time there. Def have to plan accordingly and make some stops on the way out and back at places we want to ride. I agree with georgie it needs to be a 2-3 week trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
CLE to San Diego = 2,405 miles one way
X 2 = 4,810 miles total
Divided by 10 miles to the gallon = 481
481 X 3.25 (cost of gal of fuel)

$1,563.25 in fuel ......if you can get a consistent 10 MPG.

MapQuest says 35 hours -- UGH