A Day in The Dirt- Ohio 2019

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
newmar 2.jpg

34,500 lbs - ?? unloaded
Plus, Taking it through the mountains out west --- You won't even get 10.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Trust me - I just did CLE to Jax
I was giddy when I saw 11.8 - Average- flash across the dash.
That's only because there was no time pressure on this trip.
If you push the pedal - You'll be lucky to get 7-8......

John250

PR Founding Father
My Duramax didn't get too much more than 10 miles to the gallon to Florida and back, pulling a 20 foot enclosed trailer, loaded with bikes. I ran about 80mph most of the time. Pulling my 14 footer I get about 14.

trent56mx

PR Addict
I still think it would be cheaper for us to drive. Need 2 rental bikes 4 plane tickets cause we cant go to a track and leaves the dogs homes plus hotel expense. In all the trips we have taken half the fun is the travel time there. Def have to plan accordingly and make some stops on the way out and back at places we want to ride. I agree with georgie it needs to be a 2-3 week trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just admit the only reason, leave the dogs...

John250

PR Founding Father
http://factorymxschool.com/product-category/mx-dirt-bike-rentals/
Daily Rental $250
Weekly $950

http://mxvacations.com/glen-helen-world-vet-2018/
Several Packages to choose from here. The $1650 per rider that includes transfer, lodging and all the other stuff seems to be a good deal. 7 nights, 4 races. Add your air fare and your in for a week. Or they have daily rental also.

Glen Helen World Vet
EVENT DATES:
November 3 & 4, 2018

Package (A)
Includes:

• Arrival October 22nd Departure November 5th

• 14 nights at MXV Compound

• 8 ride & race days

• One free race with Rem Club
$3,200 per rider

$1,000 per non-rider
Package (B)
Includes:

• Arrival October 29th Departure November 5 th

• 7 nights

• 4 ride & race days
$1,650 per rider

$550 per non-rider
Package (C)
Group Special

Includes:

• Arrival November 7 th Departure December 21 st

• 14 nights

• 8 ride days
$2,700 per rider
or

• 7 nights

• 4 ride days
$1,350 per rider

Bike Only
one day $300 per rider
two to four days $275 per day/per rider
five or more $250 per day/per rider
Accommodation is (2) per room at MXV

All Packages Include
• Airport transfer returns to LAX.
• Trips to Troy lee Design,Pro circuit, Fox Clothing, Private supercross test tracks, Chapparel motorsports, DC Cams Workshop.
• Relaxed atmosphere with your own private home on the Lake with your own private beach.
• Water-sports on the lake.
• Golf driving Range/pitch & put.
• All tracks within 1 hour traveling .
• 30 minutes drive from the ocean.

Thank you for riding with Motocross Vacations.

http://mxvacations.com/gallery/

WHAT!!! JET SKIS INCLUDED FOR YOUR WATER ATTIVITIES ON THE LAKE??? YOU GUYS ALL JUST DECIDED TO GO THROUGH MX VACATIONS NOW, DIDNT YOU!

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Ive seen the MXVacations dealio...I thought the price went up for the MXVet weekend.

Anyway, I would much rather drive. I drove from San Diego home when I bought my RV. Wish I would have had more time to see a lot of things. I would take the southern route one way and the northern on the other. This country is huge and beautiful. Last year we went out west to the Badlands, Yellowstone, Devils tower, Mount Rushmore and the Titons. For anyone who hasnt been, it is amazing. Words and pictures can not do any of it justice. Must be seen in person.

Im in, lets get this set in stone!

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Friend of mine did the Vet National this year. Flew out rented a bike. Raced a brand new 2019 Yamaha YZ 450. Seems to me with the distance and expense, that would be the way to go. Yeah renting a bike is expensive, so is 4 days of driving and diesel fuel out and back.
Powers was loaned a bike from TransWorld.

beamer315

PR Addict
Some friends of mine have a guy from Arizona that hauls cars and bike scheduled to pick up near cleveland and take a load to glamis in March. With a full load it’s about $300 a bike round trip

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
CLE to San Diego = 2,405 miles one way
X 2 = 4,810 miles total
Divided by 10 miles to the gallon = 481
481 X 3.25 (cost of gal of fuel)

$1,563.25 in fuel ......if you can get a consistent 10 MPG.

MapQuest says 35 hours -- UGH
Split it 2-4 ways. Makes it real manageable. Plus the memories and experience you’ll get traveling with your buddies to ride dirtbikes.....can’t put a price on that!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ive seen the MXVacations dealio...I thought the price went up for the MXVet weekend.

Anyway, I would much rather drive. I drove from San Diego home when I bought my RV. Wish I would have had more time to see a lot of things. I would take the southern route one way and the northern on the other. This country is huge and beautiful. Last year we went out west to the Badlands, Yellowstone, Devils tower, Mount Rushmore and the Titons. For anyone who hasnt been, it is amazing. Words and pictures can not do any of it justice. Must be seen in person.

Im in, lets get this set in stone!
I follow you for 100 miles. You follow us for a 100 miles. We will get that 11 MPG no problem in the draft.....

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Save your money. Race and ride in Ohio

Go home 1985!

Ok on serious note. I scheduled two weeks vacation for thanksgiving week and the week after. Plus I can throw down 80 He of comp time and take it for that third consecutive week and possibly take a 4th....in a row.

Can roll out spend thanksgiving day in Colorado. (Roll up for sharc) kidding....ha. And just iTinerize the travel days. If we got 7 days to do it. Might as well hit different landmarks. Mt Rushmore...etc. dad wants to take Harley and follow the motorhome once we get anywhere weather is warm....

This could be one awesome trip....